State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if this is the Helio Ocean; here are the specs.

The Helio Ocean is a CDMA-type device. As only GSM phones use Suscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards, the Ocean does not have the capability of using them. CDMA devices are manually programmed by mobile carriers to operate on their network.

And the razr was CDMA also- no SIM= no transfer of data, correct?

And, yes, it is an audio file, probably a .wav file. :floorlaugh:

You're guessing it was an Ocean.

Gus's castoff, so we don't know for sure.

The data on most Helios, incl. Ocean, (other than subscriber ID, contacts, onboard system files, and small amounts of data) were/are stored on MicroSD "expansion" card as I stated. Readily portable, plug 'n play, standard MicroSD...

:laugh:

But we agree; i.e., no
m1lXWaKXJhbfmIIS4zBhXLw.jpg
on phones.

If you hasn't seem him testify yet, I highly recommend you do. :seeya:

That could possibly be what he said. I was going by the conversation I'd followed in some thread. I paid him the attention he deserved in this trial--very little.

If he did say that, it must not have been credible because JM didn't discuss that with him on the stand. I dont think Jodi's phone log recorded that. Anyone else know?

oh, i understand now, juan was proving premeditation with the timestamps on receipts and pictures, i believe he was noting the times to prove that she lied about the day she dyed her hair, and it was closer to the time of the roadtrip, the dyed hair can also be attributed to premeditation, as disguising herself because his neighbors in Mesa knew her as a blonde.

Valid post vallie. How more obvious can premeditation be than with changing her hair color. It's a disguise, not just a sense of style for her to go from the recognizable blonde to the mysterious brunette.

So many things - the gas cans, the lies, the upside down licenses plate, the theft a gun from the home she's living in - point to Jodi preplanning to do in Travis if things didn't go her way.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Have read along but need a break.

Here is my 2 or more cents on the Helio phones. Feel free to add to it, or tell me why I am wrong. :floorlaugh:

-At some point before 1st Helio phone is lost (don't have exact date) JA takes pics of her "dumb" and "stupid" sister with 1st Helio phone? Remember this is the first thing Juan brought up on direct, and picture was shown in court.

-May 10 - Sex Tape was recorded on 1st Helio phone.

-May 15 - Photo of JA and her dog with light brown hair and blond highlights on 1st Helio phone.

-May 18 - 1st Helio phone was "lost".

-May 22 - 2nd Helio phone arrives courtesy of insurance claim. Insurance companies are independent from carriers, you pay THEM the deductible using a credit card. Don't know if JA paid it or Gus. Doesn't matter. You can do two claims in one year.

-June 3 - JA takes dark haired photos with her 2nd Helio phone on her way to murder TA.

-January 1, 2010 - FIRST Helio phone is magically located, with sex tape on it.

It is my opinion, JA took the photo card out of the FIRST Helio and used it in her 2nd Helio. The SIM cards from these two phones would be interchangeable. The sex tape conversation would not be on the SIM card, it would only be saved to the device, the 1st Helio phone.

I think, this is why the pictures from the 1st Helio phone are important to this case, they were on the 2nd Helio phone. Her original Helio phone was never lost. She tried to use it as blackmail, when that failed, she killed Travis and then, she hid it with the sex tape on it.

Then, when she came up with this hair-brained DV abuse, make Travis look like a pedophile, self-defense claim, she made sure the 1st Helio phone was found.

I don't think it's as critical as we are making it out to be - please, no tomatoes. If it was crucial, Juan would have been very specific on rebuttal. Maybe I am wrong, and it will become very important in his closing. :waiting:

Thoughts? :idea:

JMO :drumroll:

How specific could he get? He can't ask the guy, "so Jodi lied about losing her phone then?"

He pretty much asked what was inside the scope and it will be cleared up in closings. What would be the point of bringing it up if it weren't important?

Well, I won't roast you, but I do disagree about the Medical Examiner. Considering what he had to work with after five days of decomposition, I thought he did very well in answering questions.

As for Ms. Wilmott, she had no clue on how to question him. Several times she tried to turn his words into what she wanted the answer to be. One example is where she said the brain was "liquified", he cleared that up by saying "consistency of pudding."

Actually, I am surprised he was able to garner as much information as he did. Notice that they called no one in to dispute his findings, which is almost unheard of. Hmmm, wonder if it was because they couldn't pay a "reputable" Medical Examiner to lie? Kinda' odd right?

Again, not roasting... just posting. :twocents:

I agree with you. I think he had enough of a difficult time in providing evidence in which he couldn't back with hard science, just because of the decomposition issues, the body being "washed off" and the manipulation of the body in the shower. There were NO LESS than 3 different possible causes of death.

I was struck speechless when he equated his brain to the consistency of pudding. That really gave me a visual more stark than JW's "liquified".

And quite frankly, when JW was refuting science as fiction - I think he was like "OH HECK NO". JW's trying to educate him about the human body - and he ain't havin' it.

I think she said truck, not trunk. I misread it too at first.

helio_x220.jpg

I found Jodi's phone!

(no, I have no idea which type of Helio she had)

Well, I won't roast you, but I do disagree about the Medical Examiner. Considering what he had to work with after five days of decomposition, I thought he did very well in answering questions.

As for Ms. Wilmott, she had no clue on how to question him. Several times she tried to turn his words into what she wanted the answer to be. One example is where she said the brain was "liquified", he cleared that up by saying "consistency of pudding."

Actually, I am surprised he was able to garner as much information as he did. Notice that they called no one in to dispute his findings, which is almost unheard of. Hmmm, wonder if it was because they couldn't pay a "reputable" Medical Examiner to lie? Kinda' odd right?

Again, not roasting... just posting. :twocents:

I agree. but not calling their own ME, they made Horn THE ME. I don't know if the jurors pay enough attention to trials to realize the defense didn't have its own and what that implies. I'm confident they do, but I say that just in case....

I liked his answers. I found him believable and when he said something wasn't certain, he didn't try to make it certain like ALV. If Horn wasn't a reliable witness, I hate to think of how ALV and Dr. Sam would be rated.

How specific could he get? He can't ask the guy, "so Jodi lied about losing her phone then?"

He pretty much asked what was inside the scope and it will be cleared up in closings. What would be the point of bringing it up if it weren't important?

We all know she lied about losing the phone. (Well, I thought that from the minute the sex tape showed up 2 years later). It's important because the pictures on the 2nd Helio phone were from the 1st Helio phone. It must be important otherwise he wouldn't have brought it up. WHY he was bringing it up, will come out in closings.

We are agreeing here, in case you didn't understand my post. :floorlaugh:

Gus also pleaded the fifth. He was booted off the stand after he wrote down the name of the person who was in the car with him.

You're saying he pleaded the 5th about Jodi calling him? You're saying he was booted off the stand before JM could ask him this very pertinent information--if the information were true?

I agree. but not calling their own ME, they made Horn THE ME. I don't know if the jurors pay enough attention to trials to realize the defense didn't have its own and what that implies. I'm confident they do, but I say that just in case....

I liked his answers. I found him believable and when he said something wasn't certain, he didn't try to make it certain like ALV. If Horn wasn't a reliable witness, I hate to think of how ALV and Dr. Sam would be rated.

Thank you, I agree. I found him credible and professional. And like you said, if he wasn't sure about something, he was honest about it.

I am also right there with you in hoping the jury realizes the significance in the DT not having called their own ME to refute his testimony. That would scream out to me that his report must be as accurate as can be based on what he had to work with.

If you hasn't seem him testify yet, I highly recommend you do. :seeya:

Did he testify other than the hearing I watched (I believe he was up right after Chris Hughes).

This is the one that he refused to write down the name of the person in the car with him - and what ever came of that? I would have slapped his tail in the slammer.

Does anyone have any idea what will happen to jodi as a result of this? Has it been on Arizona new yet?

My guess? NOTHING! Cease and desist maybe.
It's not like they can sue her for $ or anything.

People like her CAN and DO get away with murder...
Just not THIS time I pray!!!!!!!

We all know she lied about losing the phone. (Well, I thought that from the minute the sex tape showed up 2 years later). It's important because the pictures on the 2nd Helio phone were from the 1st Helio phone. It must be important otherwise he wouldn't have brought it up. WHY he was bringing it up, will come out in closings.

We are agreeing here, in case you didn't understand my post. :floorlaugh:

How do you know that???

Also, I don't know if the laughter is sarcastic or genuine so I will not take offense to it until further notice.

I hope someone here can help me out on this question...

I've read quite a few WS'ers questions on here as to why the DT didn't get their own ME. I was trying to figure out how they could since by the time JA decided it was a self-defense case, TA would have been dead for a couple/few years. If the DT got their own ME would he only be able to go over Dr Horn's report? What new could a DT's ME have come up with?

ITA with all you state here.

I'm gonna get roasted here, but the ME left me worried and a bit disturbed. He was dismissive, arrogant, and quite honestly, left a lot to be desired in his answers.

I think JW was way over her skis on cross though, which left her lacking on her questions, but the jury may have picked up on his less than desirable/detailed testimony

I was waiting for JW to repeat her question from Trial Day 3; i.e., "Isn't it possible that the bullet just grazed the tip of his brain?" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stouts4life