State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to share with you WSers, I picked up a half dozen Cinnabons today for my family - just because I could :)
I hope everyone is having a good weekend and next week goes well for Travis' family.

I'm not Horace and I am sorry for butting in - but I don't think anyone here is immature, I think we all have different beliefs. I grew up in a home that believed in ghosts, spirits etc. That is why I became interested in it and eventually my research led me to all the scientific debunking. There has never been a single psychic phenomenon that has been done in a controlled scientific lab that hasn't been debunked. Trust me, I would be only too happy to find proof of it, but there are so many charlatans that I no longer believe in anything other than science. I do know there are many things we cannot understand, but we will in the future, all due to science and empirical evidence.

How interesting nwmouse! You must have some fascinating stories.

You - or anyone interested in paranormal studies may enjoy looking at
http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/psychiatry/sections/cspp/dops/home-page

It is The Division of Perceptual Studies School of Medicine at the UVA.

But, isn't that what people are trying to do? Prove or disprove the existence? You can't tell people to stop trying to do that. jmo

No, they try to capitalize on fear and superstition using non-sceientific/pseudo scientific methods. They also imply a lot of nasty things about places and people they investigate. It's a carnival show not a science.

Had to share with you WSers, I picked up a half dozen Cinnabons today for my family - just because I could :)
I hope everyone is having a good weekend and next week goes well for Travis' family.

Cinnabon.jpg
Workin' That Cream Cheese Frosting​

I'm gonna stick my big nose out here and ask that any discussion about the paranormal be moved over to the Sidebar or else to a new thread, please? It's not cool to see how some of the posts get a bit personal and I'd like to keep reading here through the weekend. No offense intended for anyone at all, I sincerely mean that. But topics like that haven't been bringing out the best in all of us. Sometimes it gets a bit too personal. Thanks :) Don't throw rocks at me!

I'm gonna stick my big nose out here and ask that any discussion about the paranormal be moved over to the Sidebar or else to a new thread, please? It's not cool to see how some of the posts get a bit personal and I'd like to keep reading here through the weekend. No offense intended for anyone at all, I sincerely mean that. But topics like that haven't been bringing out the best in all of us. Sometimes it gets a bit too personal. Thanks :) Don't throw rocks at me!

I think it was relevant to what's going on in the case. Does every thread have to be milquetoast?

For some people it is spiritual also, and not science.

Thanks, but Katiecoolady does not inform my opinions or think for me.

Yes I do find adults believing in this stuff immature (not the entire person, just that part of their life) and the entire community of "ghost hunters" are a detestable bunch for increasing stigma against people with mental illness (oh no! A mental hospital...must be haunted because of all the evil psychos there lol), scamming people with pseudo science among other things. It just has no place in the 21st century.

I ask myself if it's more likely that the laws of physics and nature were suddenly suspended and supernatural occurrences were seen...or if the people (sincere as they may be) were under a misapprehension. I go with occam's razor and side with the likelihood of a misapprehension.

That's not what she said on AZ Family news:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Hoards-of-people-drive-by-home-where-Travis-Alexander-was-killed-204947431.html

:) And yes, i've experience ghosts/spirits. It is weird 6th sense to have, I always tell everyone to be in tune with them; you'll experience them better.

seen a lot of the gut feeling or the 6th sense from females. I remember a female friend of mind at church. after the end of church as always people start talking and saying hello and such . my friend got real weird and said, my daughter and she walked out of the church. her daughter at the time was 4 years old. and while my friend was hugging friends her daughter left the church with the other kids. outside the church is an ocean. I followed her when i saw her running outside. i saw her daughter playing a game and was walking backwards and she was half her shoe from falling into the ocean. my friend never yelled or screamed. she open her purse and said got chocolate. and all the kids came running to her,and so did her daughter. one can always ask how did she know this. it's as always the strong bond .

I think it was relevant to what's going on in the case. Does every thread have to be milquetoast?

Absolutely not, Horace! I support and enjoy spirited debate about many things. I've learned more than I could ever tell you from some of interactions here. What I am hoping to not read are posts that insult or seem snarkish to other posters. This is one site where respect for the members is a priority. Strong disagreement about topics, theories and beliefs are healthy and give us all a chance to see things from a totally different perspective. But I get a bit uncomfortable when a post is written as the 'end all, be all' on a subject. We all have our own beliefs, preferences and truths. Just because I don't agree, in the least, with another poster, doesn't give me the right to make that other poster feel small or stupid. If I want to witness that on a regular basis there are tons of other sites where I can do that.
This site is supposed to be different. Debate away. I love it. As long as it's done with respect for every other view out there. No matter how vehemently you or I may disagree with those views. IMO.

Someone has their shirt all ready to wear on the day of the verdict! :rockon:

BI6JbyFCAAAje82.jpg:small

i have no pity on JA. she mocked the system with her lies. she had nothing but sex to offer men. she lied her way through life. no one wanted to marry her none of her exes did. she had nothing else to offer. not saying she did not try to fake her way to get anyone to marry her. even the slow taker daryl would not marry her and he been with her the longest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth