State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they testify in this phase of the trial---what would they have to offer? My understanding is that they had never met Jodi.

I'm quite certain my favorite psychotherapist could have looked for 'patterns of behavior'. :seeya:

Sorry I wasn't talking about the timings for this week. I expect JSS is going to enforce those timings. I just meant this feels like just a part for me.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure there are many who feel like you do. With me, I can't say I feel that way. It may be because more often than not I was profoundly turned off by Arizona's 4 day / half day (many times) work week, I was bored to tears by Nurmi and JW, I was nearly put to sleep by 10 days of ALV's never-ending stories, and amused (but annoyed) by RS's righteous indignation over his BS diagnosis. The only person I could truly appreciate was JM with his type A bing, bang, boom personality. I would like to see him be a judge some day. I think he'd be a great candidate for efficiently running a courtroom.

So, those are the reasons why it won't be a part of me. The process was such a major turn off that I feel no connection to it. In fact, I want to take a shower in bleach the last day I watch it. And if/when JA is finally put down, like the rabid dog that she acts like, I'll lift my glass and toast to the Alexander family and JM. Until then, I never want to hear her name spoken again.

Good Morning all.

We are getting closer every minute that passes.

I'm watching the new interview with Chris Hughes. I'm feeling so sad. Nothing can bring Travis back. That sweet, beautiful boy with the brightest, kindest smile is no more. No amount of crying and mourning can bring him back.

I'm very emotional...

I am so happy Chris is speaking out, and Sky will be on Dr. Drew tomorrow

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/29/travis-friend-feared-his-kids-around-jodi

I wish JM would have called Chris to the stand in rebuttal. I love that Chris told the public, we knew Travis and Jodi had a sex life, we didn't care. That is his business. Every religion teaches to not have sex outside of marriage, Mormon's did not make this stuff up. Travis was just human, he did not have a double life, he had a sex life as we all do.:blushing::blushing:

Good point. I would knock and ask if everything is ok. But, this Chris Hughes who saying this story, who knows if he is BS'ing.

If he was so worried about Travis, wouldn't he try to find him before Cancun?

Respectfully, what in the world would give you the idea Chris Hughes was bs'ing? All he has done is testify when called to the stand, remain quiet until the state rested and now he is telling the truth of what happened in his home. His wife has told the exact same story. His friend Holly Mefford was in the room when Jodi came over to their home after this incident, and asked Sky why she hates her. Holly relayed that Sky went in to detail of why she is not welcome in her home, to never come there or contact her again, and kicked her out. Why would you even guess that ANY friend of Travis was bs'ing?

Here are several of them Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

I'm just curious. Chris and Sky Hughes have behaved in a way beyond reproach in my opinion. They have not sold stories to the tabloids, etc. Instead they have set up a fun to help Travis' family and are helping to set up a board for a charity to continue Travis' work of going to city schools to encourage young people. He is a far better person than I am, on my best day.

Respectfully, what in the world would give you the idea Chris Hughes was bs'ing? All he has done is testify when called to the stand, remain quiet until the state rested and now he is telling the truth of what happened in his home. His wife has told the exact same story. His friend Holly Mefford was in the room when Jodi came over to their home after this incident, and asked Sky why she hates her. Holly relayed that Sky went in to detail of why she is not welcome in her home, to never come there or contact her again, and kicked her out. Why would you even guess that ANY friend of Travis was bs'ing?

Here are several of them Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

I'm just curious. Chris and Sky Hughes have behaved in a way beyond reproach in my opinion. They have not sold stories to the tabloids, etc. Instead they have set up a fun to help Travis' family and are helping to set up a board for a charity to continue Travis' work of going to city schools to encourage young people. He is a far better person than I am, on my best day.

Agree with everything!

I actually really like him, and he certainly isnt as erm creepy as the freemans. Just something about them that doesn't sit right with me

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

The:banghead: DT:banghead: never:banghead: ceases:banghead: to:banghead: Surprise:banghead: Me:banghead:

JSS should never have granted this DT this ridiculous surrebuttal:stormingmad:
This pseudo expert's credibility and field of experience is so tarnished and lacking to be testifying in a DP case!!:furious:

So, is JSS now going to allow Jodi to have a ME on surrebuttal?
The motion was just for additional testimony from thr surrebuttal witness, not an additional witness.

Because the scope of surrebuttal is very narrow, this may be something that, by law, JSS must deny.

It certainly can't be said that thr DT has not rigorously defended the defendant. There are NO grounds for appeal. Every sordid stone has been turned.

BBM

It's being said that the diagnosis of borderline personality disorder was "new", and that's the basis upon which the surrebuttal was granted.

I wish JSS didn't grant it, but it will be enjoyable watching JM tear that witness to pieces. :facepalm:

Samuels stated Arias is personality-disordered. The DT ( why am I starting to think that acronym stands for Death Team?!) knew this; JSS needn"t have approved surrebuttal based on " new testimony." Further, she can strictly limit the scope if testimony---and should. But she is doing her best to avoid reversal on appeal.

Fortunately, if the witness is who we think he is, JM will have NO trouble discrediting him. We'll see another career in its dotage ending poorly.

The motion was just for additional testimony from thr surrebuttal witness, not an additional witness.

Because the scope of surrebuttal is very narrow, this may be something that, by law, JSS must deny.

It certainly can't be said that thr DT has not rigorously defended the defendant. There are NO grounds for appeal. Every sordid stone has been turned.

I can't wait for the Neuro or neural(sp) whatever Psychologist to try and rebut the ME. It's going to be the sprinkles on top of the icing on the cake IMO.
It also gives JM the chance to show him the autopsy photos on the huge screen so the jury can watch him turn green. It would be great for the jury to head into closing arguments with those images burned into their brains. I love this DT!!

I've read speculation that JA's intent was to engage TA in fornication one final time and then murder him forthwith such that he would have no opportunity to confess and repent before entering eternity.

I.e., she plotted to murder him temporally (bodily) and eternally (spiritually).

I do not think she believed in ANY of the church teachings about that or any matter, whatsoever. I say this because lying is so extremely bad in the Mormon faith. She said to Travis , if us having sex is wrong I don't want to be right. She used quotes and words from the Mormon faith to terrorize young Lisa in her letter she sent her. She lied to her Bishop. The most glaring thing that tells us her Mormon faith is a sham is what she casually said to the female detective who was interrogating her. The detective admitted she likely had a poor understanding of the Mormon faith, to which Jodi quickly responded, "Religion is mostly clichés, anyway".

People tell on themselves. She was no more Mormon than a Witch with Bobby, she was just the flavor of the month, whoever she thought the man in front of her wanted her to be. She believed in the Mormon gospel as much as ALV is a psychologist. She just plays one on TV

Omg I think I just about passed out there my Tapatalk was playing up and said 0 topics thought I got a TO.

:floorlaugh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

I make a motion that the trial be handed over to Judge Judy.

She's the best.

IMO, the argument that the time she was there before killing him negates premeditation is specious and shallow, and doesn't address the personality profile of a stalker. For one thing, she arrived loaded for bear, so I think we can all agree she had intent to kill.

Secondly, wasn't there a roommate there for part of the time? She had to wait for the next morning at least when they had the house to themselves (although she had to also clear out of there by late afternoon when the roommate was due back). Arriving at 4 a.m. or so, I imagine she was tired and more than willing to get some sleep. If they were both up that late, I'm sure her story that they slept until around 11 am makes sense. That only means they were awake together for about six hours or so (not including cleaning the crime scene).

I still think she brought a rope with her, originally hoping to use it to tie him up during sex and shoot him. According to her story, she was the one who got tied up, so I think that idea backfired (he may have been suspicious enough not to let her). I know people don't think there was a rope, but the detail she used in her testimony makes me think there was (like any liar, she is lazy enough to use real details to pad her story and I always look for the ones that are otherwise unnecessary because I think she emphasizes and embellishes what is true to cover for what is not). And the fact a rope was not found makes me think it was yet another incriminating thing she methodically removed from the crime scene).

We may never know exactly why it took her so long to actually kill him but I think she was looking for a physical advantage or waiting until he let down his guard. Offering him sex (which she could reasonably think he would not refuse) would mean he was naked and might feel more vulnerable. If she couldn't tie him up, then the next best thing would be to wait until he was in the shower - naked and perhaps easily blinded by water/soap in his eyes, or a flash from her camera.

I also think she may have waited until she knew for sure he would refuse to take her to Cancun for the final coup (literally). She enjoyed the sexual manipulation - killing him after he submitted to intimacy and right before she got ready to leave, would have been satisfying to someone like her, kind of a "see? I knew you couldn't resist me. Now die!" statement. I can see her savoring the whole experience, the same way she has that smug "duping delight" expression on her face when she listened to herself on those dorky sex tapes.

This was her moment - showing him he couldn't resist her is consistent with how she had to always get the last word up on that stand, and taking forever to do it too.

I think that judging premeditation based on some preconceived formula just doesn't factor in the complex emotional motive this woman had for slowly savoring her revenge as a woman scorned. She was like a cat playing with a mouse before she kills it, imo.

The perfect illustration of this is alone in the interrogation room, she looks up and says " I still beat you. Brat." You just can't make this stuff up!

I do not think she believed in ANY of the church teachings about that or any matter, whatsoever. I say this because lying is so extremely bad in the Mormon faith. She said to Travis , if us having sex is wrong I don't want to be right. She used quotes and words from the Mormon faith to terrorize young Lisa in her letter she sent her. She lied to her Bishop. The most glaring thing that tells us her Mormon faith is a sham is what she casually said to the female detective who was interrogating her. The detective admitted she likely had a poor understanding of the Mormon faith, to which Jodi quickly responded, "Religion is mostly clichés, anyway".

People tell on themselves. She was no more Mormon than a Witch with Bobby, she was just the flavor of the month, whoever she thought the man in front of her wanted her to be. She believed in the Mormon gospel as much as ALV is a psychologist. She just plays one on TV

your post sums it up perfectly. sad but true this happens daily around the world. and its mostly about money .to get higher up without working for it. conning people kindness .

BBM
The perfect illustration of this is alone in the interrogation room, she looks up and says " I still beat you. Brat." You just can't make this stuff up!

:seeya: Morning Alexander family fan! Can you direct me to the interrogation tape that contains this statement by Jodi? I'd just got to hear this - TIA!

Lisa Andrews and Darryl brewer were nothing like the others. Juan had to probe some but they were nothing like the rest

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Because I did not know who Lisa Andrews was, I'm guessing others may also have not seen this witness. I'm including a small piece of her testimony here. WARNING: JW is first up! :sick:

Jodi Arias Trial: The Victim's Ex-Girlfriend - YouTube

I'd love to know what the "crazy stuff" is that is referred to at the end of the video, but I'm not going to wade through over an hour of testimony, and can just imagine, given, well, Jodi!

I'll be glad when the trail is over but if I knew the out come would be DP are life
and know chance of getting out of jail I could watch about this case over and over but as of now know one knows but the jury's and God....I have really let this case get to my mindset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003