State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will always be a case to keep us from what we're supposed to be doing.

We have issues.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I don't have any issues.Sure I think about this case 24/7. I've neglected everything else for this case. I have butterflies in my stomach thinking about this week but issues? No. I have a healthy interest. No issues. No obsession. :innocent:

You guys certainly do need some help though. :therethere:

:giggle:

LOL! That's me exactly.

P.S. I'm supposed to be working. I have a lot to do. The threads are slow without trial and still here I sit. Eating Cheetos. Not good.

Did you at least pour them into a bowl?

If you're eating them dry out of the box... I suggest forum detox :) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A neuropsychologist usually examines people that are alive to assess cognitive functioning after brain trauma I.e. stoke, head trauma, illness. They also provide testing to get a better picture of that persons brain function.

An ME, a pathologist examines deceased people to determine cause of death. They have a large fund of knowledge about mechanisms of injury causing death.

The neurobiologist did not examine TA obviously, but may have a working knowledge of head trauma similar to that which TA indured. It will be speculation at most. IMO

still doesnt cut it for me.

they want a do over and should not get one,they had plenty of time to get their own ME,clearly they couldn't get one to testify to what they wanted and as far as im aware Dr horn said nothing new on rebuttal

I caught a bit of Dr. Drew last night and was highly amused to see Mark Geragos on there sharing his wisdom about DP cases. IIRC, he lost the last two he's tried. :facepalm:

Gosh, This is so off topic.. trying to catch up today... Hearing today is closed but tomorrow we meet defense extra witness?

A close friend went to a TBI rehabilitation center after a car accident left her in a 10 day coma. I visited her and met a man that had tried to commit suscide with a 25. He with left with global pervasive deficits..zero short term memory ability. He could remember nothing before 5 -6 minutes previous, motor skills were nil... could barely feed himself.

I remember the neuro doc saying he was lucky to be alive...was a miracle he survived.

Yes, but from this anecdote we don't know which part of the brain the bullet went through.

Thank you for the correction, for some reason I thought it was Friday.
You're welcome. So many details to keep track of. Basically it's surrebuttal Wednesday until they're done; then jury instructions, closing arguments Thursday and Friday; jury getting the case at some point Friday. Could be the judge set some sort of time limit (set # of hours) for each side to present its closing. Unclear whether she'll let them begin deliberations or start fresh on Monday.

A close friend went to a TBI rehabilitation center after a car accident left her in a 10 day coma. I visited her and met a man that had tried to commit suscide with a 25. He with left with global pervasive deficits..zero short term memory ability. He could remember nothing before 5 -6 minutes previous, motor skills were nil... could barely feed himself.

I remember the neuro doc saying he was lucky to be alive...was a miracle he survived.

Perfect example of what the neurobiologist may testify to. However, the sticking point for the defense is that the bullet tract could not be determined because of decomp. What he has to say would be speculation on his part.

From what I have read on here, he does not practice neuropsychology so his testimony would be very limited. For example, Dr. Horn probably would not feel comfortable working in OB, even though he is an MD. This is truly a stretch on the part of the Defense if they are allowed to illicit this kind of testimony. IMO

Yes, but from this anecdote we don't know which part of the brain the bullet went through.

Frontal lobe.

The way I understand it ... It's not the damage from the path as much as the explosion going off inside the skull...IMO it's like an m80 in a mailbox.

Is it wrong that I eat them with a toothpick? No orange fingers :skip:

There will always be a case to keep us from what we're supposed to be doing.

We have issues.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I don't have any issues.Sure I think about this case 24/7. I've neglected everything else for this case. I have butterflies in my stomach thinking about this week but issues? No. I have a healthy interest. No issues. No obsession. :innocent:

You guys certainly do need some help though. :therethere:

:giggle:

Rose, are you in a fog? You're just as crazy as us. The first step towards help is admitting the problem.

:floorlaugh:

I'm not sure if these are just rumours or what but according to the facebook page:

Dr. Geffner is a neuropsychologist and the def. want him to rebut Dr. Horn's testimony about the head wound. He will also rebut Dr. DeMarte's testimony about PTSD.

* There is a hearing Tues morning regarding a State motion [filed today]. I don't know if cameras will be rolling.

I'm getting really annoyed that both sides are so hung up on the sequence of events. I almost feel like JM is arguing the shot last strictly because it goes against Jodi's claim of shot first. WTH does it matter? She killed him 3 damned times that day. Whichever was first seems irrelevant to me... He was moving about the room after the first "strike" ...bleeding profusely ... obviously suffering terribly...and knowing he was dying. He was clearly not a threat at any point ... but she kept killing him anyway... The ME said "probably,likely,I doubt it" etc. No matter what the order of events .. IT WAS CRUEL and absolutely rises to Murder 1! :banghead:

As long as you throw some milk or milk substitute on them I think you're okay!

Straightouttathebag. I'm at work, no bowls available.

HAHAHAA!! This made me laugh and then I thought... not a bad idea!! My mouse is orange from my orange fingers.

Straightouttathebag. I'm at work, no bowls available.

HAHAHAA!! This made me laugh and then I thought... not a bad idea!! My mouse is orange from my orange fingers.

Roflmao!

I thought it was Cheerios!

You're welcome. So many details to keep track of. Basically it's surrebuttal Wednesday until they're done; then jury instructions, closing arguments Thursday and Friday; jury getting the case at some point Friday. Could be the judge set some sort of time limit (set # of hours) for each side to present its closing. Unclear whether she'll let them begin deliberations or start fresh on Monday.

OMGosh it would soooo :rockon: if they started deliberations on Friday. Either way, unless there is a quick verdict, it will be the longest weekend in the history of weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur