State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you but it is actually disgusting that the Hughes didn't just tell Travis they would like to talk with him another time when he was alone. I wouldn't do that to a guest in my home. It was very rude on their part.

Yeah, that's true.

In the end:

Creepy, paranoid Jodi was right that they were talking about her...
-and-
Rude, paranoid C & S Hughes were right that Jodi was bad, bad news...

Jeez, I couldn't disagree more.

They saw scary things in JA. Should they have waited to tell TA that?? They thought she was sleeping! They're rude and paranoid?? I think that's going a bit far. JMO.

Legallee, I have never been to that site but by the way you and other WBs describe it, it sounds like the people in "The Following", which I for one find very disturbing and unrealistic (until now). Do they seem to you anything like those in the that show (Following)? TIA
I haven't watched the Following so I can't really comment there. I had to get off of that site, I was getting angry at how they were talking about the victims. It made me sick.:banghead:

Her trip to Mesa when talking to Nurmi... so odd

Suppose to see Gus - didn't?
Suppose to see Darryls sister - didn't?
Suppose to go to San Diego - didn't

said she would get to TA after 8pm before 10 pm didn't get there until 4am

She does state she had her luggage, a backpack, and her COMPUTER

And she didn't take any photos (apart from a few of herself and at Travis') There must have been breathtaking sceneries and incredible monuments along her road trip but the photographer (cough cough) didn't care to take any.

He will try to refute Demarte's testimony and he will try to refute Horn's testimony.

He will fail.

i've been MIA for over a week and come back reading about this new witness. what the hell can a psychologist say to refute the ME's testimony??? he's not an MD, he's not a pathologist. there's no way he can discuss the crime scene, is there? the judge didn't allow samuels to do it when he wanted to get into the photos and how this crime wasn't planned, etc. she ruled that is a jury question and wouldn't let him go there.
so who's saying this guy's going to talk about horn's testimony?

I am very happy Juan is asking the courts for another witness to refute Dr. Geffner! If JSS is allowing Geffner, then Juan has the right to refute his testimony with an expert. I don't believe sur-rebuttal should have been allowed in the first place, but since it's being allowed, the judge will allow this final witness. IMO.

I was never comfortable with the defense having the last word, with having one of their witnesses on the stand, before closings. Even though I had faith Juan would make mince-meat out of Geffner. I'm glad he will follow up with his own expert.

Dr. Hayes as a very impressive resume. She has a pretty face too. Pretty and intelligent...it's going to drive JA bonkers. Perfect timing to show her crazy side again, right before closings and deliberations. :thumb:

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

I hope JSS gives 1/2 day to each of the new experts. Even if it's extended one more day, I don't care...just want it done right. We are almost there....

Jeez, I couldn't disagree more.

They saw scary things in JA. Should they have waited to tell TA that?? They thought she was sleeping! They're rude and paranoid?? I think that's going a bit far. JMO.

I am so glad they kicked her out. Who knows what she would have done to them if they had allowed her to stay on. If only Travis had not been so naïve. :(

Really? When my family goes to visit my mom, there are many times I sit on my Mom's bed in her bedroom while we chat. My husband is in a totally different bedroom, and I sometimes discuss our marriage with my mom.
Now, if my husband came in right away to join the conversation, I wouldn't think it was weird - but to stay at the door listening - I think THAT IS WIERD AND CREEPY. And, JA did it TWICE!!

She's a "SNOOP"! Juan stated it so well in his opening.

I am so glad they kicked her out. Who knows what she would have done to them if they had allowed her to stay on. If only Travis had not been so naïve. :(

It's so weird how some people can be so pulled in by JA types, whereas some others get the creep factor immediately. As you said, I sure wish Travis had been in the latter category. :(

My recollection of Dr. Horn's final testimony is that the shot to the head would be immediately incapacitating.The victim might be able to take a couple of steps forward but that would be all due to the brain functions damaged by the gunshot. He contrasted incapacity with fatality.

Yeah, that's true.

In the end:

Creepy, paranoid Jodi was right that they were talking about her...
-and-
Rude, paranoid C & S Hughes were right that Jodi was bad, bad news...

Those facts seem to get lost in all the talk of the Hughes. Guess what, they were right. Bet they would have loved to be wrong in this. So sad.

I just got info on the new doc that's testifying tomorrow--during follow-up on juror questions when Jodi was on the stand, Juan talks about a doctor out of San Diego Jodi talked to. This must be the hack that's coming to her rescue tomorrow--he's already interviewed her. The clip is Day 29 Part 3.
Are you thinking of .........as soon as I went to type her name, I can't think of it. lol
The one that bowed out because of illness BEFORE ALV replaced her?
Sheryl Carp - just thought of it.
Is that who you are talking about?

I am very happy Juan is asking the courts for another witness to refute Dr. Geffner! If JSS is allowing Geffner, then Juan has the right to refute his testimony with an expert. I don't believe sur-rebuttal should have been allowed in the first place, but since it's being allowed, the judge will allow this final witness. IMO.

I was never comfortable with the defense having the last word, with having one of their witnesses on the stand, before closings. Even though I had faith Juan would make mince-meat out of Geffner. I'm glad he will follow up with his own expert.

Dr. Hayes as a very impressive resume. She has a pretty face too. Pretty and intelligent...it's going to drive JA bonkers. Perfect timing to show her crazy side again, right before closings and deliberations. :thumb:

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

I hope JSS gives 1/2 day to each of the new experts. Even if it's extended one more day, I don't care...just want it done right. We are almost there....

has this request been made? sheesh. this is too much, IMO. this case needs to end. i thought JSS wanted this whole thing over tomorrow? no?

It's so weird how some people can be so pulled in by JA types, whereas some others get the creep factor immediately. As you said, I sure wish Travis had been in the latter category. :(

He was a really naïve boy. I don't know why he allowed JA into his home after those angry May emails. His desire for sex, did she promise a face-to-face apology and goodbye? I bet she whined about being hungry, tired, remorseful etc. He let her in and even allowed her to corner him in the shower. Oh Travis. I wish he had not allowed in her in on that fateful day. I wish he had locked all his doors and threatened to call the cops. So heart breaking. Ultimately his naivety did not help him at all. :((

Curious in indianna, I dont think they were rude or disgusting for talking to Travis when they thought jodi was sleeping. If it was me, I would have thrown her out of the house.

I need a "Juan Alert" app on my iPhone... all that I care about seeing and hearing, tomorrow, is him cleaning the floor with this "witness."

I have never laughed so long and so hard at anything this serious. It was sad, tired and pitiful. No wonder her friend is trying to come help salvage what remains of her reputation. How does that old Carole King song go....It's too late baby...It's too late

http://youtu.be/FU3zlhqVZqE
Before the trial ends and we all go our separate ways, I want to thank David Lohr for taping everything sans side bars. It cut the time it took to watch the testimony down by two thirds.

Curious in indianna, I dont think they were rude or disgusting for talking to Travis when they thought jodi was sleeping. If it was me, I would have thrown her out of the house.

Considering that about a year later she stabbed Travis 29 times, slit his throat from ear to ear and shot him in the head I'd commend them for their good judgement.

What happened to the Olympus JA said was hers that she recorded the sex video on from June 4th, that she SAYS she deleted?

has this request been made? sheesh. this is too much, IMO. this case needs to end. i thought JSS wanted this whole thing over tomorrow? no?

The schedule is supposed to go as follows:

Tomorrow - surrebuttal
Thursday and Friday - closing arguments, then the case goes to the jury.

I don't see it happening that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member