State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious, who has NOT been timed out in here, or had post deleted? I have my first the other day. AWWWWW, huh? I was a Time Out virgin up to that point.

I have been a good girl I guess, as I have never had either happen to me. :floorlaugh:

ITA- i'd be pizzed too if my "boyfriend" and his friends were talking badly about me behind closed doors, while I "was supposed to be sleeping".

Jodi may not have been wife material and up to the Hughes' standands, but she technically is still a human and the evil look was probaly a natural look she gave to anyone who pizzed her off.

sorry I am sooo behind. I know this whole Hughes convo was last night, but I felt so strongly I just had to chime in.

Honestly, if my boyfriend and his friends were talking in a room with the door closed I would listen in for a few seconds before interrupting. It would weird me out...
AND, if I heard them talking and it was ABOUT me and how EVIL I was, I wouldn't knock, I would linger and listen. And get upset. Maybe even upset enough to have an evil look on my face. I am not intrusive, nor evil nor violent. It would make me angry. I would expect my boyfriend not to be engaging in a conversation with his friends bashing me... if it really did happen the way it was described on DD, it was clearly wrong, and I do NOT FAULT JODI here. And yes, I think the Hughes are not respectable, in the least. And yes, I think Jodi is deserving of M1, and possibly the DP (though I don't support the DP). SO don't throw tomatoes at me, put yourself, a rational person, in her shoes that night, and think how you would feel in that scenario.

sorry I am sooo behind. I know this whole Hughes convo was last night, but I felt so strongly I just had to chime in.

Honestly, if my boyfriend and his friends were talking in a room with the door closed I would listen in for a few seconds before interrupting. It would weird me out...
AND, if I heard them talking and it was ABOUT me and how EVIL I was, I wouldn't knock, I would linger and listen. And get upset. Maybe even upset enough to have an evil look on my face. I am not intrusive, nor evil nor violent. It would make me angry. I would expect my boyfriend not to be engaging in a conversation with his friends bashing me... if it really did happen the way it was described on DD, it was clearly wrong, and I do NOT FAULT JODI here. And yes, I think the Hughes are not respectable, in the least. And yes, I think Jodi is deserving of M1, and possibly the DP (though I don't support the DP). SO don't throw tomatoes at me, put yourself, a rational person, in her shoes that night, and think how you would feel in that scenario.

I'm not certain how I would react, but knowing myself - I might be angry but more than likely I would be hurt. I would probably cry and wouldn't listen for more than a few minutes before going back and pretending to be asleep.

But I'm not a cold-blooded, remorseless killer.

After hearing the story relayed about how Jodi confronted two of Travis' friends, then went to sit in the kitchen and stare at everyone after she was asked to leave, and after I have seen the vacant and evil stares on Jodi's face at various times during this trial, I can totally see why they would have been creeped out by her.

And I can understand why they were creeped out when they discovered her listening and I can also understand why they would want to confront Travis in private because they were freaked out by her already.

Maybe his friends handled this in the wrong way, but now we all know they had good reason to be worried.

The schedule is supposed to go as follows:

Tomorrow - surrebuttal
Thursday and Friday - closing arguments, then the case goes to the jury.

I don't see it happening that way.
That doesn't sound very optimistic, Hopeful One! ;)

Curious in indianna, I dont think they were rude or disgusting for talking to Travis when they thought jodi was sleeping. If it was me, I would have thrown her out of the house.

Deedee, jumping off your post. I would have done so as well--except that I would not have waited until the following morning. What I took away from CH last night was that there were many things she had done prior to the incident in which she was listening at the door and it is quite possible that they had been either reluctant or unable ( for instance many people reported JA was clinging and possesive) to talk to TA until that night. IIRC, the Hughes' had children, and it is likely that after repeated offenses and introspection they felt compelled to express their concern as soon as an opportunity presented itself, moo.

I'm trying to decide if I should take Thursday and/or Friday off to watch the closing arguments undisturbed. Or maybe Monday for possible verdict?? Decisions, decisions.

If any day was an option I would take Thursday to watch the prosecutor.

Mikee Daniels has a new video today ... not that great today. :(

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Really? When my family goes to visit my mom, there are many times I sit on my Mom's bed in her bedroom while we chat. My husband is in a totally different bedroom, and I sometimes discuss our marriage with my mom.
Now, if my husband came in right away to join the conversation, I wouldn't think it was weird - but to stay at the door listening - I think THAT IS WIERD AND CREEPY. And, JA did it TWICE!!

I agree with you. Under the circumstances I dont know why this is an issue. They knew there was a whack job ( proof, Travis is dead) in their home and they felt it could not wait. There had to be a reason for it..

My recollection of Dr. Horn's final testimony is that the shot to the head would be immediately incapacitating.The victim might be able to take a couple of steps forward but that would be all due to the brain functions damaged by the gunshot. He contrasted incapacity with fatality.

Yes. And in JA's testimony, after she claims the gun went off, Travis and her fell to the floor. No steps. Travis would have had to get up off the floor and start after her which sounds completely ridiculous to me.

I am very happy Juan is asking the courts for another witness to refute Dr. Geffner! If JSS is allowing Geffner, then Juan has the right to refute his testimony with an expert. I don't believe sur-rebuttal should have been allowed in the first place, but since it's being allowed, the judge will allow this final witness. IMO.

I was never comfortable with the defense having the last word, with having one of their witnesses on the stand, before closings. Even though I had faith Juan would make mince-meat out of Geffner. I'm glad he will follow up with his own expert.

Dr. Hayes as a very impressive resume. She has a pretty face too. Pretty and intelligent...it's going to drive JA bonkers. Perfect timing to show her crazy side again, right before closings and deliberations. :thumb:

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/psychology/faculty/hammer.pdf

I hope JSS gives 1/2 day to each of the new experts. Even if it's extended one more day, I don't care...just want it done right. We are almost there....

Gotta love JM. This aint the man's first rodeo fo sho.

The schedule is supposed to go as follows:

Tomorrow - surrebuttal
Thursday and Friday - closing arguments, then the case goes to the jury.

I don't see it happening that way.

Jury instructions are supposed to be Thursday too.

I don't think it will happen this way either. Been saying it for a week. The history of this case tells me differently. :twocents:

ITA- i'd be pizzed too if my "boyfriend" and his friends were talking badly about me behind closed doors, while I "was supposed to be sleeping".

Jodi may not have been wife material and up to the Hughes' standands, but she technically is still a human and the evil look was probaly a natural look she gave to anyone who pizzed her off.

Maybe she should have taken that as a clue that this relationship wasn't a good idea.

Still, they could of talked to Travis without the presence of Jodi in the house. That is disrepecful imo.

But you are looking at this as a (presumably ;)) normal person. The Hughes were concerned about JA because she was scary, abnormal, not right, they didn't know what she was capable of.

It's one thing for them to be talking badly about her behind her back if she's just a regular ole nice person. But she is a sociopath and they sensed that. So I think that makes the scenario a little different.

Really? When my family goes to visit my mom, there are many times I sit on my Mom's bed in her bedroom while we chat. My husband is in a totally different bedroom, and I sometimes discuss our marriage with my mom.
Now, if my husband came in right away to join the conversation, I wouldn't think it was weird - but to stay at the door listening - I think THAT IS WIERD AND CREEPY. And, JA did it TWICE!!

How can you even compare? Does your mother call a secret meeting, when she's pretty sure your husband is sleeping, so she can speak against him and convince you he's no good? You mother, even while she's having a private mother-daughter conversation with you, probably considers your husband a part of her family. He'd have no reason to be suspicious, I gather. If he came to the bedroom door, he'd be more or less welcome, right? Otherwise, to exclude him would be rude, cold, condescending and objectifying.

How ironic the garage code for Travis garage was 0187!!! 187 is POLICE CODE FOR HOMICIDE!! Did Arias make up that code or was that just the code from the manufacturer? Bizarro.

I figure that January of 1987 was significant to TA for some reason.

What was going on with Travis and/or his family when he was about 10 years old?

IIRC, that's roughly when he moved in with his grandmother, whom Jodi "de-edified" with 20 irises.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the significance of the date and the origin of the code.

I am curious, who has NOT been timed out in here, or had post deleted? I have my first the other day. AWWWWW, huh? I was a Time Out virgin up to that point.

I have been a good girl I guess, as I have never had either happen to me. :floorlaugh:

I can't be certain but I think one of my posts were deleted or else my hippocampus was affected and I couldn't remember where it was.
I did get a special private message by a mod though......I thought that was nice instead of a big ol' TO :)

thanks for your opinion...I think you are missing my meaning but I am not going to argue with you about it.

I thought I understood what you were saying Sunny, evil is ugly. Everytime this happens and a poster is misunderstood by the written word it makes me see Alyce's testimony solely on Travis' written words with out the context she demanded for her own words as the bogus bunch of bs it was.

I wish any friends or family of Travis' would stay off the programs at HLN. Look at how the Hughes are being trashed!! It's a no win situation....

Jury instructions are supposed to be Thursday too.

I don't think it will happen this way either. Been saying it for a week. The history of this case tells me differently. :twocents:

I was surprised when JSS said jury instructions would take place before closing arguments. For some reason I thought ji's came after closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem