State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this Abe person on DD every other night? He went on ONE date with Jodi. Media/Camera/ Air Time/ Addict much?
It was clear to me from his first appearance on Dr. Drew that Abe would have slept with Jodi in a New York minute. He's toned down his "act" somewhat, but like others in this case, his 15 minutes are just about up.

:offtobed:

Remember: One day gone, means tomorrow is another day closer to Justice for Travis. :heart:

Here's a little promo vid for PPL by the Hughes' ..

Prepaid Legal Scam? Chris Hughes Sucess Story - YouTube

This is my favorite PPL video, Chris Hughes Six-Figure Ring Speech. It is like an Academy Award mini-me. I posted this a week or so ago..but these threads move so fast so posting again in case new peeps have not seen it and are interested in PPL.

Chris Hughes Six-Figure Ring Speech - YouTube

My second favorite PPL video is with Gus Searcy and the Searcets.

Gus Searcy and the Searcets... - YouTube

And we know she resented that little room and grandmas house. Her room appeared to be the size of Travis's closet. We KNOW she was beyond pissed about that... She remarked it was bigger than her cell.

I so wanted Juan to snap back that's its bigger than Travis's coffin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did we ask you how big Jodi's cell is???? ;)

I had the opportunity ( not by choice) to watch all the interrogation videos.

Sad... Not even the detectives saw her for what she was. I found myself screaming at my iPad! No way was she going to confess to anything for anyone's else's sake. Woman detective talked on and on about bringing closure for Travis's parents...eyeroll...her parents, make her look like a caring person. They believed she gave a crap about other people, her soul, her reputation. Ummmm Noooooo!

She's a psychopath. They should have lied to her and told her a confession and remorse would help HER. She have sided with jodi about feeling used and tossed aside because Travis didn't think she was good enough. That the detective would go to bat for her.... Made a show of turning off the recorder. For a little girl power chat.

All IMO

I think a big concern is not pushing the suspect so hard they lawyer up. Once they do that interview is over. Sure I'd like it if the cracked her - but I get that they were cautious.

It was clear to me from his first appearance on Dr. Drew that Abe would have slept with Jodi in a New York minute. He's toned down his "act" somewhat, but like others in this case, his 15 minutes are just about up.

Haha too funny! I've always wondered the same thing. :floorlaugh:

This is my favorite PPL video, Chris Hughes Six-Figure Ring Speech. It is like an Academy Award mini-me. I posted this a week or so ago..but these threads move so fast so posting again in case new peeps have not seen it and are interested in PPL.

Chris Hughes Six-Figure Ring Speech - YouTube

My second favorite PPL video is with Gus Searcy and the Searcets.

Gus Searcy and the Searcets... - YouTube

Oh my ... I thought I'd been to some tacky industry events .. guess not :floorlaugh:

And we know she resented that little room and grandmas house. Her room appeared to be the size of Travis's closet. We KNOW she was beyond pissed about that... She remarked it was bigger than her cell.

I so wanted Juan to snap back that's its bigger than Travis's coffin!

Thanks!

If Dr. Drew would quit Abe, he'd have more time for guests who have something interesting to say. Like Chris Hughes tonight, who was trying to tell the backstory of the infamous email but as usual, Dr. Drew cut him off mid-stream.

If Dr. Drew would quit Abe, he'd have more time for guests who have something interesting to say. Like Chris Hughes tonight, who was trying to tell the backstory of the infamous email but as usual, Dr. Drew cut him off mid-stream.
One of the great frustrations of watching Dr. Drew is that he always runs out of time at the most inopportune times. The doctor and his guests are always stepping over each other too.

I seldom watch after dark on hln, but I did watch part of it tonight and something the so called defense mentioned was that if this was premeditated, she would not have spent 12 to 13 hours there before killing him. I'm inclined to believe this, but hear me out before throwing the tomatos.

What proof has either side shown (other than the liar's words) that JA was there for that long. If I am not mistaken, one can be at the same location at two different times of the day / night, but leave inbetween those times, even for up to 10 to 12 hours I'm sure. Did JA leave at some point and if so was she waiting to rendezvous with someone? Could she have been formulating a better plan? Go to WM to buy rope? Heck, anything could have happened in those hours preceeding the violent attack on TA.

IMO, the argument that the time she was there before killing him negates premeditation is specious and shallow, and doesn't address the personality profile of a stalker. For one thing, she arrived loaded for bear, so I think we can all agree she had intent to kill.

Secondly, wasn't there a roommate there for part of the time? She had to wait for the next morning at least when they had the house to themselves (although she had to also clear out of there by late afternoon when the roommate was due back). Arriving at 4 a.m. or so, I imagine she was tired and more than willing to get some sleep. If they were both up that late, I'm sure her story that they slept until around 11 am makes sense. That only means they were awake together for about six hours or so (not including cleaning the crime scene).

I still think she brought a rope with her, originally hoping to use it to tie him up during sex and shoot him. According to her story, she was the one who got tied up, so I think that idea backfired (he may have been suspicious enough not to let her). I know people don't think there was a rope, but the detail she used in her testimony makes me think there was (like any liar, she is lazy enough to use real details to pad her story and I always look for the ones that are otherwise unnecessary because I think she emphasizes and embellishes what is true to cover for what is not). And the fact a rope was not found makes me think it was yet another incriminating thing she methodically removed from the crime scene).

We may never know exactly why it took her so long to actually kill him but I think she was looking for a physical advantage or waiting until he let down his guard. Offering him sex (which she could reasonably think he would not refuse) would mean he was naked and might feel more vulnerable. If she couldn't tie him up, then the next best thing would be to wait until he was in the shower - naked and perhaps easily blinded by water/soap in his eyes, or a flash from her camera.

I also think she may have waited until she knew for sure he would refuse to take her to Cancun for the final coup (literally). She enjoyed the sexual manipulation - killing him after he submitted to intimacy and right before she got ready to leave, would have been satisfying to someone like her, kind of a "see? I knew you couldn't resist me. Now die!" statement. I can see her savoring the whole experience, the same way she has that smug "duping delight" expression on her face when she listened to herself on those dorky sex tapes.

This was her moment - showing him he couldn't resist her is consistent with how she had to always get the last word up on that stand, and taking forever to do it too.

I think that judging premeditation based on some preconceived formula just doesn't factor in the complex emotional motive this woman had for slowly savoring her revenge as a woman scorned. She was like a cat playing with a mouse before she kills it, imo.

Does anyone here remember a guest on NG or DD or one of the HLN nightly shows, where a lady friend of Travis' said that someone kicked JA out of their house during some kind of get together, and JA left only to come back into the kitchen and stare down one of the guests (the guest she was staring down was the guest on the hln show that night)? Ring any bells? Was this at the Hugh's home the day Sky told her to leave maybe? Inquiring minds need to know. :blushing:

I completely agree. In fact, when Detective Brown testified about the June 3 photos (Jodi with her newly dyed brown hair) recovered on the Helio phone, JM very specifically asked him if the pics were sent/transferred to the phone from another device or if they had been taken with that particular phone. Detective Brown said forensics showed the pics were taken with that phone based digital imprinting/coding that was specific to the device. Same thing would be true with images recovered from the memory card in Travis's camera. If the sex pictures (or the shower pics for that matter) had been from an earlier time (and taken with Jodi's camera, for example), then the digital imprinting/coding (including type of camera, etc.) would be different than those taken with Travis's camera. A couple of things to remember--Travis purchased the camera after Jodi moved back to Yreka, so the window of time for those pics to have been taken is relatively short. In addition, there were 90 photos unrelated to what happened on June 4 left on the camera. The police would have been able to identify differences/discrepancies between the pics from June 4 and the others.

I agree, plus, I don't get what the motive would be to transfer the pictures to his camera only to delete them later.

He's better than Gus!
Glad Gus's 15 minutes lasted a whole 5 minutes:) lol

Paying this one forward

Quote:Originally Posted by Nhic

I think someone like JA, with her psychopathy, will thrive in general population prison because

a) for the first time in her life she will belong somewhere
b) she will have regular sustenance and medical care
c) she will be able to trace more pictures, claim them as her own and sell them to people with more money than brains
d) she will be able to conduct TV interviews
e) she will insert herself into the genpop and exploit the other inmates at will
f) she will be contained, which in our worlds is like being hugged - I hope you understand the metaphor. LOL

I think JA will be just fine, better than she's ever been, in the genpop. She will thrive.

That's why she deserves the needle.

This IMO is so dead on accurate that I'd have it posted in a sticky to this forum if I could.. IMO this is so true and it is so very much the reason that in this specific case, with these specific circumstances, and this specific defendant the only just punishment is that of the penalty of death..

You better damn well believe that ANYTHING LESS THAN THE PENALTY OF DEATH WILL BE A WIN FOR JODI ANN ARIAS..AND SHE ABSOLUTELY WILL ADAPT AND LITERALLY THRIVE LIVING HER LIFE IN GEN POP BEHIND BARS, PERIOD!

If there were ever a case, a crime, and a defendant that were truly deserving in every way possible to be sentenced to death, it is this one, IT IS this defendant , Jodi Arias!

Jmo.

I understand why the Hughes' talked to Travis that night, but here's the problem. First Jodi overheard them because she was in the house that night .. twice actually, because they didn't stop the conversation after she heard them the first time. That's bad news with someone like Jodi, actually anyone would be full of resentment after that. The fact that she overheard them meant that Travis had to go to her and 'deal with it' so he's in a difficult position with her from that moment on. Added to that is that Travis is now pulled back from being able to see things from himself. He's stuck between them. If he goes along with what the Hughes' are saying he is just a 'puppet' to their wishes, and Jodi can fling back 'grow a pair, and stop cow-towing to your mates who hate me anyway' which is conflicting for any guy. If he feels protective over Jodi after that, which he may well have felt he needed to be, then he's being pushed towards her for secondary reasons, and not simply because he's naturally drawn to her.

If left to his own devices Travis may well have seen what the Hughes' were seeing for himself a lot sooner, and pulled out of the relationship for his own reasons, and then felt stronger about standing his ground in that decision.

It's often hard to see things clearly when other people get too involved too soon.

I think a big concern is not pushing the suspect so hard they lawyer up. Once they do that interview is over. Sure I'd like it if the cracked her - but I get that they were cautious.

Wouldn't have been pushing, I'm suggesting one should have sided with her, lied to her and offered her a way out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member