State rests rebuttal case - thread #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the defense team has never heard of the phrase: "Careful what you wish for, you just might get it".

:giggle:

Ut oh .. I feel a discovery violation by defense coming up
What's going on? HLN is so far behind I switched to the live feed and see the seal. Please do a gal a favor and give a brief synopsis.

original.gif

No and I cannot believe he is going here now; yes other readers said today she should hv claimed insanity; Jody it's too late stupid!!

People who have personality disorders are not legally insane..

Schizophrenia is having more than one personality, isn't it?

No. That's dissociative personality disorder you're talking about. Quite rare. Schizophrenia isn't nearly as rare. These are the symptoms;

Signs and symptoms of schizophrenia generally are divided into three categories — positive, negative and cognitive.

Positive symptoms
In schizophrenia, positive symptoms reflect an excess or distortion of normal functions. These active, abnormal symptoms may include:

Delusions. These beliefs are not based in reality and usually involve misinterpretation of perception or experience. They are the most common of schizophrenic symptoms.Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist, although hallucinations can be in any of the senses. Hearing voices is the most common hallucination among people with schizophrenia.Thought disorder. Difficulty speaking and organizing thoughts may result in stopping speech midsentence or putting together meaningless words, sometimes known as word salad.Disorganized behavior. This may show in a number of ways, ranging from childlike silliness to unpredictable agitation.Negative symptoms
Negative symptoms refer to a diminishment or absence of characteristics of normal function. They may appear with or without positive symptoms. They include:

Loss of interest in everyday activities
Appearing to lack emotion
Reduced ability to plan or carry out activities
Neglect of personal hygiene
Social withdrawal
Loss of motivation
Cognitive symptoms
Cognitive symptoms involve problems with thought processes. These symptoms may be the most disabling in schizophrenia because they interfere with the ability to perform routine daily tasks. A person with schizophrenia may be born with these symptoms. They include:

Problems with making sense of information
Difficulty paying attention
Memory problems

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/schizophrenia/DS00196/DSECTION=symptoms

So is the point of this that Jodi lied and manipulated the test to make it seem like she has a lot of problem, so that she actually has a lot of problems? I'm confused.

No..........she tested right into the "Psycho" category!!! :floorlaugh:

The guy was helpful to the defense in the sense that he gave an opinion that a gunshot to the frontal lobe would not necessarily incapacitate an individual.

He also gave an opinion that Dr Demarte did not have sufficient understanding of all of the MMPI and the subscales and such.

We're on cross examination and Juan has established that several courts have found that his testimony at trial had no relevance and that he is a hired gun. Now Juan is going over the MMPI with this expert.

I do not think that Dr. Geffen's testimony was AT ALL helpful to the defense. It was a huge waste of time for this jury and this court.

So is the point of this that Jodi lied and manipulated the test to make it seem like she has a lot of problem, so that she actually has a lot of problems? I'm confused.

Yes...Juan started to go down the path of malingering for the purposes of secondary gain. When someone shows high elevations on many of the subscales, it could suggest that someone is trying to look more disordered than they really are for the purposes of benefiting their situation. Since the DT is so hellbent on focusing on the subscales, they are getting what they deserve.

screen captures

Attachments

• RollingeyesatDrGeffner.jpg
    RollingeyesatDrGeffner.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Wilmott.jpg
    Wilmott.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 47
  • JuanUponCross.jpg
    JuanUponCross.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 50
while we have a break -- here's some more screen captures.
I think Janine the human lie detector would have something to say about Grandma's body language there.

And Juan looks beautiful, love the way he has his hands in his pockets.

I'm onto my third scoop of ice cream. Ice cream and JM make a delish combination!

The brutality of the crime, the utter audacity and dishonesty of the defendant, the lack of integrity of the defense witnesses, and the outrage of most of us, cries out for the passion and integrity and style that is JM's.

Can someone help me out, please? I can't find a video feed that's working properly. I hear skipping, repeating, etc.

I tried WPTV, AZCentral (which is radaronline's feed) and they're both doing it.

If you have a working feed link, would you pls DM me with it? (No way I can keep up with the posts here....they move too fast!).

Thanks in advance!

Maybe your server is acting up? I'm on www.wildabouttrial.com, and it's been fine.

Shouldn't he have said he can't testify about the specifics of the brain injury in this case? Unbelievable.

I have to mow my lawn! I wonder if John Deere has a laptop attachment.
:waitasec:

I did mine during the lunch break today. Still have some snow in shady areas here, but looks like it might Rain (not snow I hope) so I did the 1st dirty, dusty, messy cut of the dead brown grass here. Can NOT believe the super terrible weather here.........but at least this way I can WATCH THE TRIAL and not worry about too much yard work.

So I am thankful for that,,,,,Juan!

No, it's a disorder with symptoms of hallucinations, i.e. martians are in front of me, psychotic voices in the head, i.e. the tv told me to kill.

Complicated, but there are meds to control the hallucinations etc.

That's if they have "psychotic tendencies", not all Schizophrenics have psychosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member