State rests rebuttal case - thread #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. Martinez' manner is making me nervous, really, butterflies in my stomach and I am not a very emotional/sensitive person when it comes to strangers arguing. It just might be that a juror feels the same as I do and might tune him out.

Yeah sorry to say I feel a bit like you. It's like he's angry and he shouldn't be projecting that. He's better when he's surgical and calm. I am nervous.

Maybe he enjoys watching a REAL pro at work..

Nurmi is happy as a pig in a poke because The Jodi Show is almost over and he can go back to defending sex crimes and get his "How did that make you feel?" back on!

0SBuk.gif

I wanted to see what he looked like without the glasses! :floorlaugh:

I agree...his tone/mannerisms have done a complete 180 in 20 minutes

He just wants to survive this cross and get the h$ll on home so he can start drinking.

At this point, I'll share my wine with the poor man. lol

IMO if he really is not being paid, he just wants the publicity and so he probably just wants to get off the stand now that he has had his few hours of exposure.

I think he wants to help out his friend ALV's reputation.

Love, love... love Mr. Martinez. He is such a smart man. It really burns me when I hear people on tv cut him up. He is one of the good guys, why shouldn't he be passionate when he is sitting across from a murderer and all he is trying to do is get justice for the person that was murdered.. I respect Mr. Martinez so much.

Why doesn't someone tell JA to take off the glasses she wears for distance correction when she's coloring???
THAT would help avoid her alleged migraines.

He can't help it, he LOVES Juan too!!

I agree Nurmi respects Juan's professional abilities. I have noticed often that he almost smiles when Juan rams a point home. Also that he does not get into the visible snits that Wilmott does.

I've said it before and I'll say it now: The problem I have with this case and others like it is that the state and defense teams are, too often, more interested in being right than doing the right thing.

This combative posture discounts the real reasons for the court's existence. A man was killed, murdered.

Martinez is being a total jerk which may disturb members of the jury. They may tune him out just to protect themselves from the unpleasantness. Can he cross examine someone and have verbal discourse without being a bully?

The hysterical yelling and emotive assaults on the witnesses is so off putting!

Oh please make it stop! Finishing school. Please send him to finishing school for some polish. Because the roughness distracts badly from his good points.
:please:
Doing the right thing? I dunno...long hours, low pay, less recognition all in an attempt to get criminals off the streets, justice for victims and their loved ones, and potentially preventing future crimes? To me that's the epitome of the right thing.

He is skilled enough to have gone into private practice, and an extremely $uce$$ful career, a thousand times over. The fact he hasn't speaks volumes to his character.

JMO

<snipped>
Martinez is being a total jerk which may disturb members of the jury. They may tune him out just to protect themselves from the unpleasantness. Can he cross examine someone and have verbal discourse without being a bully?

The hysterical yelling and emotive assaults on the witnesses is so off putting!

Oh please make it stop! Finishing school. Please send him to finishing school for some polish. Because the roughness distracts badly from his good points.
:please:

He is angry when hired guns lie. He fights it virtually every day and has for his entire career. IMO his exposing them is an act of valor, not an emotive assault.

Wild About Trial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial 2m

Yesserno? New term Juan is using many times today as he continues to grill Dr. G like a fresh salmon on the barbi.

I have to say, I find Juan so sexy when he get's riled up. I bet it would be fun having a lover's quarrel w/ him.

Juan wants to discuss malingering and secondary gain
Should be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members