State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the ME only sees deceased people so 100% of frontal lobe gun shot wounds Dr. Horn sees are deceased....IMO was a smart a$$ juror asking an age old joke.

Sorry, but I have a slightly different view. I think the juror was asking whether or not all frontal lobe GSW's are fatal and has he ever talked to someone who survived one to find out if he or she was initially incapacitated. I really doubt a juror would make a joke during this serious trial.

I believe that question shows that at least one juror/alternate is not buying the ME's testimony that the gunshot wound was necessarily immediately incapacitating.

I respectably and whole heartedly have to disagree. It's one of the oldest attorney jokes to an ME and IMO the juror was backing the ME.

Could be, I took it as the juror asking if he knew regarding the incapacitation, because not everyone dies from a GSW. But Dr. Horn being an ME only sees dead patients. His knowledge of GSW effects is part of his training, not experience.

Exactly.

You guys remember that one movie with Edward Norton where his character had murdered a priest, and I think Richard Geer's character fell for the murder's act? Hope that doesn't happen in this case.

Primal Fear.. great movie

Who cares if Willmott has fallen for her bff clients act ;)
Just as long as no jurors don't!

http://www.youtube.com/movie/primal-fear

I believe that question shows that at least one juror/alternate is not buying the ME's testimony that the gunshot wound was necessarily immediately incapacitating.

That juror had better be made to STARE at the nearly decapitated, wide-open throat, sliced from ear to ear picture and then decide how important that typo really is!!!!!

I have HLN on now and Geffner is still on the stand. How much longer am I looking at? Thanks. BTW what is the name of the last witness?

And so was Dr. Horn, he admitted it was a report error, the Dura Mater was pierced. It was an error in transcription, a minor one, should not affect the case!

after he said it was a typo, did he actually say 'I remember it was pierced'? or something along those lines? I was on azcentral and the feed was so badddd it was skipping. I keep checking HLN because I want to see his questioning again. of course they are so far behind!

I had to do that today. My Jubilee had a stroke and would never recover. Hard day for me. Sorry for the OT.

Hugs to you. It's so hard--I cried and cried for days. They colonize our hearts, no? A kiss for your Jubilee:blowkiss:

You guys remember that one movie with Edward Norton where his character had murdered a priest, and I think Richard Geer's character fell for the murder's act? Hope that doesn't happen in this case.

Ooh, good movie! I just watched it last week - Primal Fear.

IKWYM though, I hope so too.

It is ridiculous how far behind HLN is. Commercial-Happy Network.

Not if they have studied Jodi throughout the trial. Crying on que, hiding behind her hair, seeing her pretty pictures when she posing, seeing her slip mainly that's obvious, I think it could be they realize she has no inner core. Or maybe she has two? hmmm jmo

It kind of sounds like they are making up their own diagnosis and that's dangerous.

Sorry, but I have a slightly different view. I think the juror was asking whether or not all frontal lobe GSW's are fatal and has he ever talked to someone who survived one to find out if he or she was initially incapacitated. I really doubt a juror would make a joke during this serious trial.

Juan will remind the jurors in closing the defense expert didn't see inside Travis's skull, wasn't handling what was left of Travis's brain, didn't see the damage done inside the skull after brain was removed, never attended a single autopsy. He apparently also pretend not to know the severely of Travis's neck slash...and the fact Jodi dragged him back after that wound and stuffed him in the shower. There would be no blood in the head after all that when she shot him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, if the defense has both lawyers talk and that they are known to take awhile to get to the point or whatever....I tried to be nice about them and talking. Maybe 1 1/2 days.

Mr. JM will not be long, organized, in a thought order we will understand, and to the point.
Maybe 1/2 day. :)

That is if no one gets sick.

You mean like a migraine or something? :floorlaugh:

uror question: "Is it possible that an individual could score very differently after a traumatic event, such as killing another person, as opposed to prior to the event?:

What did this question mean?

I think they mean, could JA have been the cause of all this psychological upset since she killed TA herself and the brutal murder she committed was her trauma, not DV or childhood abuse, etc. What do you all think?

CroakerQueen has uploaded today's ... no commercials and HLN sidebars. :rocker:

[video=youtube;mSp9ffxcSMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSp9ffxcSMw[/video]

STILL watching HLN. Good lord, Geffner is still on the stand :stormingmad: Just have to share this pic though....this is my giant cat Sam while his pitiful mama watches the trial :blushing:

Just checked HLN After Dark and it's still airing live, and they just went to a commercial break while waiting for a sidebar to be over.

Don't people know the trial day is over and if they missed any of the live stream it's on YouTube already without the commercial break?

My favorite part is Nancy Grace's show when she sticks a finger in her ear and says, "I'm hearing in my ear that we are ready to go back to the courtroom" which is often her warning signal that the commercial break is 20 seconds away so grab the remote control.

I'm worried there may be a hung jury.

Don't worry...a hung jury just means the case is tried again.

Retrials usually favor the prosecution as well.

Completely incredible. Focus on the dura matter - and not the hole in his skull, and resting in his cheek. To believe Dr. G - the bullet would have had to peirced the skull, reversed, traveled just under the skin and through the nasal passage and then to the cheek. Completely missing the brain... Seriously

Hey guys, can someone please tell me how the juror questions today went overall? Good? Bad? In between? Thanks guys. I'm so nervous now.

I think most of them were favorable- still a few that are defense oriented. ( like we have seen, an either way interpretation on a few).
But the biggie, was the juror question to Dr Horne- how if the duramater in the brain was intact did the bullet penetrate the brain?-- pause--my report must have a typo.
The rest were ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member