State v Bradley Cooper 04/01/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RaleighNative, have you ever been to Cooper's BBQ in downtown Raleigh, which has been there forever? Most old timers pronounce it exactly the way Cummings does.

And y'all, the way he pronounces it rhymes with "book" which also has two O's. He is not saying "Cupper."

There, I'm glad I finally got that off my chest. ;)

Thanks for that, FD -- my thoughts exactly, and I am a native of NC. In fact, when I was in grade school, my teacher was Miss Cooper. I called her Cooooper (like most of them are doing) and she corrected me every time I did it -- so I stopped. Even my classmates made fun of me...
icon9.gif

I obviously have never forgotten it, and I have a kneejerk reaction every time I hear that name.

Thanks for putting that out there. I am a big fat :hen:.

Circumstantial cases are often not cut and dried. This is especially true when you don't have a bloody crime scene, no witness to the murder (or, that matter, to any 'abduction'), no confession, no literal 'smoking gun.'

Watch CSI? Or any one of the other crime dramas?

Creative, yes? Solved in 42 min air time. Usually has lots of DNA and scientific goodies.

Real life cases? Some of them are not slam dunk DNA cases.

With the cost of living around here... that is easy life... at least I make a nice easy life with it. I moved here from Virginia in 2005 where you can’t buy a town house for less than 900k... ugh... fine hang him. Why can’t anyone on here say anything that is NOT pro HANG HIM NOW? I am no saying he is innocent... but last I checked it was Innocent until proven guilty... Someone tell me one piece of hard evidence that the prosecution has presented... Please help me believe already so I can join the hang him now before we ever hear the defense evidence or witnesses.

Don't feel bad, you are simply running up against the same thing many of us who are in the innocent until proven guilty camp have run up against so many times on this board we pretty much ignore it at this point and move along to other discussions.

There has not been any definitive evidence to show he committed this crime presented yet in this trial. I keep waiting for it but haven't seen it yet.

It is NOT evidence today. There is no sworn testimony to this. Motions are NOT evidence, nor are they testimony. You can certainly believe whatever you'd like, but legally a motion means nothing as far as what is proved or testified to.

Hun I am not trying to argue... its a sworn affidavit from JP. Just wait please. No worries it will all come out I assume.

Belief that Cooper is guilty does not = 'hang him'

There is no one on this forum that I've seen who thinks Cooper should be convicted without evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Some of us believe there will be evidence that is convincing; others think there won't be or that any evidence will not be enough to convince them of his involvement.

And even if he is determined by a jury to be guilty, I still don't say 'hang him.'

Well, what in the heck was she supposed to do? Be homeless? THERE WAS NO ALTERNATIVE for her.

And apparently she did sacrifice a lot. Her life.

Hey you know what ... that made me think ... all these friends that she confided in... How come none of them asked her to move in with them? That was an option... at least until they could work out the separation ..right? That’s what my ex and I did...

Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, Jason Young, Bobby Cutts, Brad Cooper. Mark Hacking, Robert Blake, OJ Simpson and a host of others have convinced me that single is the way to go....

You 100% BC did it folks use stuff that has not been presented yet in this trial all the time. But if anyone brings up anything that the defense has stated...even if it isn't evidence...then it doesn't count. Well let's apply those rules to both sides then and only discuss what has been testified to in this trial. So no more talk about affidavits or depositions, or gossip, or theories. Right?

The particular conversation I was replying to was a question about what had been provided in evidence at the trail THUS FAR. My answer to that was about the evidence thus far in this particular question as it was posed. But, you know, whatever... I'll keep my comments to myself at any point that has anything to do with anything you comment on and then I, nor you, will have that problem again.

Hun I am not trying to argue... its a sworn affidavit from JP. Just wait please. No worries it will all come out I assume.

Fair enough. I believe I've read everything published in this case and if there's a document I missed then obviously I need to go read it. I could lose my Google University J.D. degree if I am remiss on keeping up to date! There are professional standards, afterall! :wink:

I know... I am just pointing out that even at the lowest grade ... which he wasnt he is a CCIE... he was making a very nice living.

I agree he was making a very decent living. A great living in this area for one person only. More stretched for a family of 4, but certainly manageable and he was going to be moving up in that company, thus making more $$$.

Excellent point, and you are correct in that his base would be around $110K based on what we have heard so far.

I've said this before. In this location, and in this demographic, $135K isn't going to impress anyone.

There are always climbers, and I found many more "climbers" when I did live in Lochmere than in Raleigh or Wake Forest. Based on the evidence thus far, I'd say Nancy was certainly a climber and living well above their means. But living above your means is common in that circle.

Living on $300/week? Okay, I admit it. I spend more than that. And I would be ticked if I was suddenly given $300 cash to live on a week, and no access to my bank. However I work, we have no debt and we've continually invested for retirement and never dipped into our retirement. And we worked hard and went without to get to that place.

But my point is $135K may sound impressive to many people, but it's actually not considered a large amount of money in this demographic.

Yet the average salary in the US is 40k

Okay, I just posted something about this. I would not consider $135K around here hardship by any means, but it certainly is NOT "easy life" in that location, that demographic, and amongst that circle.

Well just saying I make slightly less than that and I live a very easy comfortable life and I have two boys. I have only a mortgage for debt which to me is no debt. My bonus was 15k this year... I got a little over 9k after taxes so to give some an idea. I set my deductions low so I get nice returns too... so I got 7K back from fed and 2 back from state... that’s every year give or take a few percentage points... that’s not even counting my salary and what I save... So 18k a year after taxes every march. Then you add 1k a month to savings... you get the idea… it’s a very nice life and I make slightly less... just saying.

Yet the average salary in the US is 40k

Again, not in this demographic. I'm the same age as the Coopers, lived in Lochmere (not anymore, and I lived in a different area of Lochmere), educated, professional, married, young children, good private schools, etc.

It's all relative. And I'm pretty much "in" that group. And if you want that kind of lifestyle in that area (assuming you include, as NC did, the 5-star schools, luxury cars, original oil paintings, etc), you can't keep up on $135K without a lot of debt.

Circumstantial cases are often not cut and dried. This is especially true when you don't have a bloody crime scene, no witness to the murder (or, that matter, to any 'abduction'), no confession, no literal 'smoking gun.'

Watch CSI? Or any one of the other crime dramas?

Creative, yes? Solved in 42 min air time. Usually has lots of DNA and scientific goodies.

Real life cases? Some of them are not slam dunk DNA cases.

The prosecution still has to prove with OUT A SHADOW of doubt... so far there has been zero hard evidence brought force by the prosecution ...at this time. It amazes me how there can be so many that are so SURE he did it when the reality is the law has to provide with our reasonable doubt that he did it.

I agree he was making a very decent living. A great living in this area for one person only. More stretched for a family of 4, but certainly manageable and he was going to be moving up in that company, thus making more $$$.

I have a family of 4. I have two boys 10 and 7. Believe me it’s a nice living... especially around here. Not to brag but to make point... I have a 50k car... a truck thats paid off, A boat and a 300k house and I can still save 1k a month and I get abot 18k every march with bonus and tax returns... So they really were spending some serious money... and its definitely more than that house and the two BMW's...

Wrong. There is no such legal standard. It is a term that was made up for TV and movies in the 50's?.

The legal standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt."

This is very, very important to understand.

Then it’s a sad state in our country that we can send someone to prison for life with hearsay and I know he did it from friends of victims... I am sorry but that is ALL we have heard thus far… and that petrifies me.

They have a sworn witness who says she say and spoke with NC while jogging at 7:10 am that morning... I posted lnk and everyone just glosses past it. That alone should at least keep people objective.

I've read that. I'd have to believe the defense will call her (if they don't then the aff can be written off), and if they do it is a huge issue in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018