State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You believe there is computer evidence linking him to the crime.

The defense pretty much telegraphed this in their opening and continues to twitch and try to suggest tampering of computer and hacking into the network. It's so obvious!

and still all the "Brad-done-it's" have no answer as to why Defective Young erased all the data from NC's phone, and the other officer claims there was straw on a rug,but didn't bother to mention it to anyone for over a year and a half...?...and honestly I am still on the fence here 'till ALL the facts are presented

I could imagine it would be very difficult to come into this case, a very confusing one at this late of date with only minimal information. There is so much circumstantial evidence in this case its overwhelming. I don't know where to begin to tell you where to start looking but you could listen to the depos, read a few affidavits and read the boards. It's hard to give you a big list. I wish I could be more help. Detective erased the data by accident, he admitted it in court he wasn't familiar with what he was doing and thought he was following directions to unlock i and screwed up. That's the only thing I have heard so far as to anything the CPD has done.. and they still have all her records from the cell phone company anyways.. the only thing they dont have are any texts' that were sent to her.

The defense pretty much telegraphed this in their opening and continues to twitch and try to suggest tampering of computer and hacking into the network. It's so obvious!

That and the phones. Kurtz went a bit ballistic when they so much as mentioned the phones with one witness and then gave up their entire line of questioning with someone that wasn't the phone expert! It will be interesting.

Well said. I'm sure they were lumping me in as a Brad supporter. I'm absolutely not a Brad supporter. I find his behavior to be despicable. But I am a supporter of our justice system and the belief in innocence until proven guilty. I swear I'm watching a different trial than a lot of people on this forum.
I said on this weekend's thread (and it wasn't a popular opinion) that while "innocent until proven guilty" is what it is supposed to be and is the ideal, I don't that that is the way it will play out in this case. I don't imagine that the folks sitting on the jury are all that different than most of the people here. All of their intuition will tell them that Brad did it. So, if the defense can't prove that Brad couldn't have done it, he's toast.

I could possibly see a hung jury if someone digs in and demands proof of guilt. But, my prediction is if nothing more incriminating comes out for the rest of the trial, he's going to be found guilty unless the defense pulls a rabbit out of their hat.

That may not be the way it's supposed to be, but that's the way it's going to be.

He did have a bandaid on his finger and red marks on his neck. According to testimony.

Undocument testimony (what the heck was CPD thinking?)...and the defense has pictures from a few days later of both his neck and hands without any marks at all. So if ther were scratches, they were completely superficial.

Judge Gessner said that one side had 118 and one side had 227 on the witness lists. I have no recollection of which was which and they rarely call ALL of them but that is way more than what we have seen so far. What are we at now? 55 or so?

Defense sent out over 200 subpoenas. Yes really.

Why is the necklace so important? The detectives didn't even take it into evidence until months later, right? Again, if he took it off her that night/early morning, why wouldn't he get rid of it, hide it, flush it down the toilet? It was in the guest room where his mom was staying, right?

I think the state made a HUGE deal of 2 things - the necklace and the dress. The dress turned out to be nothing. He didn't even wash it that morning (imo based on the opinion of SBI, deodorant stains, oily stain). So what that he forgot what she was wearing that night initially.

The necklace too. Why didn't he pitch it if he had to know it would incriminate him?

But he didn't and it will.

I am new to this forum and have been watching a while .... i have a theory about the phone calls.

I think HM may have been involved in the cover up and/or the murder of NC. If so, she could have made the calls from their home.

The private dective following Brad after Nancy's body was found saw him go to her home with her ex-husband Scott. Brad and Heather hugged and spent time inside alone. Why?

Why would Scott sit outside during this visit or even be friendly with Brad after he had an affair with his then wife?

Something does not add up to me and makes me wonder. She might be the onliy person he would trust in this situation.

If people can't accuse JA, I'm assuming you can't accuse HM. I don't think either one was involved, but I don't think it is fair to throw out accusations either way.

So no one has a reply to why defective young erased the BB and the other officer said he saw a piece of straw but never said anything about it untill a year and a half later when he added it as a supplement to his notes ?

Discussing her actions isn't bashing her and it is relevant to this thread and this case. Again, I believe her actions fueled Brad's actions (not talking about the murder here...I'm talking about their relationship leading up to it) and his actions fueled her actions. But since his character and his actions as a husband are part of this trial, it's fair to discuss her actions as well. There were 2 people in this fuster-cluck of a marriage.

well said.

Undocument testimony (what the heck was CPD thinking?)...and the defense has pictures from a few days later of both his neck and hands without any marks at all. So if ther were scratches, they were completely superficial.

Actually I saw the pictures of Brad's neck posted by his attorneys on their website and even though it was said to have been taken several days later, his neck looked like it had red marks on the left side but not on the right. I was surprised that they posted that. And if he had a superficial scratch on his finger, why did he have a bandaid on it?

Actually I saw the pictures of Brad's neck posted by his attorneys on their website and even though it was said to have been taken several days later, his neck looked like it had red marks on the left side but not on the right. I was surprised that they posted that. And if he had a superficial scratch on his finger, why did he have a bandaid on it?

Depends on where the scratch/cut is. Tip of finger - very touchy. Or if it was a bleeder or not.

Well said. I'm sure they were lumping me in as a Brad supporter. I'm absolutely not a Brad supporter. I find his behavior to be despicable. But I am a supporter of our justice system and the belief in innocence until proven guilty. I swear I'm watching a different trial than a lot of people on this forum.

Tagging on here for no reason what so ever. Your post just reminded me of a conversation my husband & I had last night. I was telling him that many people don't see all these things as pieces of a puzzle, etc. My husband thinks Brad is guilty with a capital G. So my husband asked me 'what is their reasoning?' We talked more than that, but what I'm trying to get to is, one of the things I told my husband some people had problems with is they don't believe Brad would leave the kids home alone while he dumped the body and went to HT. Dh couldn't believe that anyone would be swayed by that. He was flabberghasged 'leaving the kids alone to dump a body' would even come into play. I feel much the same way.

And I'm continually reminded of a neighbor of mine years ago, when we first moved to Raleigh from the Midwest. One of my neighbors, a good friend, but not a really close pal of mine, was very 'southern'. Still referred to the civil war in the present tense. It was a real eye-opener for me. This friend/neighbor was very much interested in what church you went to, which pediatrician and OB you saw, etc. In those days Raleigh was still pretty much a small town flavour, with those born here and the interlopers from up north. Those 'inside the beltliners and inside the beltline wannabies' knew all the right people to *use* for everything from exterminators to doctors. If you wanted to 'fit in' you saw 'their people' for your needs. All this to say, this friend/neighbor of mine had two kids, similar age to mine. At this time, one was a baby and the other went to preschool. This woman would actually call me up in the morning, on occasion, to ask if I'd 'watch her house' while she took the 3 yr. old to preschool, because the baby was still sleeping in the crib and she didn't want to wake her. Now me, I'd never be able to do something like that, ever. Long before the age of car seats and child restraints, one time, in the absolute COLD of the midwest, I needed to run inside a store, quickly, and had my infant in one of those old-fashioned car beds, fast asleep. I would have been able to see her from inside the store. And this was the real 'olden days' long before any word of child abductions and such. People left their keys in their cars in those days, even left the car running while inside when the weather was 20 below. :crazy:

Well, I checked my baby, saw she was fast asleep, I was no more than 20 ft. from the door I needed to run into, I locked up the car, got to the door, and couldn't do it. :( I had to go back to my car, unlock it, haul the sleeping baby from the carbed, wake her up and drag her inside the store for my less than 5 minute transaction, where I could see my car through the big store front windows the whole time. All this to say, I just couldn't believe my neighbor would leave a baby home alone for the approx 20 to 30 minute round trip to preschool to drop her other kid off. So this leaving the kids home while dumping my dead wife just doesn't cause alarms to go off in my head. :waitasec:

The ideal but not the reality of our justice system...sadly.

Very true. I was once a jury foreman and the prosecution had a very weak case. It was a theft trial where a guy was accused of stealing a woman's purse. The thing is, the guy called the woman because he found her number in her purse and said "I found your purse and wanted to return it". Unbelievably, it was a split vote when we first started. It didn't take long to go to non guilty, but I was amazed at some of the reasons people had for saying guilty.

I think the CPD bashing is quite a bit absurd as well. When the scratches and bandaid were noticed the CPD was dealing with a missing person case and not a murder case. Would the CPD have been able to legally photo the scratches? Are we talking about the same defense team that posted a picture of NC on their website showing her not wearing the necklace?

So no one has a reply to why defective young erased the BB and the other officer said he saw a piece of straw but never said anything about it untill a year and a half later when he added it as a supplement to his notes ?

I don't want to reply to anyone that refers to the detectives as "the defectives". That's my honest answer. If you want to discuss this case, lets discuss it. If you want to disparage anyone connected to this case, I'm not interested. MOO

Spending a week at a lake and Hilton Head didn't make her feel good? It just doesn't fit the picture of a woman frantic to get out of her current situation.

Of course she had a great time away from BC and with the ones she loved and who loved her -- she was back in a happy world and one with nothing to scare her babies, but toward the end of the visit she began to feel down. Why? Because she knew that nothing had changed at home, and there was nothing she could do to change it. If it had been just Nancy & no children, things would have been quite different by now & she would still be alive today.

Are you really so insensitive to ask such a question and make such a statement?

He was in a hurry.

He pushed the sports bra on and didn't take the time to position it correctly.

He didn't have time to drive further away.

All of these things point to someone who had limited time. A kidnapper who had limited time would not take the time to remove every single article of clothing from her body except the sports bra but leave behind the diamond earrings. If she didn't run in the area where the body was found, how did she get there? Was she driven there? Then why not drive way far away from any populated area? We're supposed to believe that the kidnapper took her in broad daylight while many people were out and about. Who would dump a body in an area that was relatively populated? Someone who was dumping the body before the sun came up maybe?

Why was he in a hurry? Finishing dressing her would have taken a minute or 2? Why didn't he have time to drive further away?

We don't have answers per say, but we do have tons of opinions. Unfortunately, you are a few weeks late to the party. There are several threads earlier if you wish to read through and catch up on what we've hashed out thus far. Anything you have new to add or bring up will probably get a chorus of responses.

The gist of those rundowns is:

1) It could have been irrelevant information that was reproduced elsewhere (address books, phone records, etc.)
2) It was an innocent mistake.
3) It was part of the evil plot to ruin Cisco's stock plans.
4) It could have contained pertinent information regarding either side of the case (texts, notes, photos, contacts, etc.)

The straw is just insane at this point. (Mainly the lack of collection and the admission that it took a year and a half to get it into the notes, along with all 18,768 other pages of notes, etc in the discovery of this case)

I'm thinking the bra was used as a handle to drag the body, that's why its rolled up.

But, to me it would make a difference if the bra was rolled from the bottom up with the straps on the inside - like I would guess would happen if the bra was already on and it was actually rolled up, like they have described it.

OR... was the bra rolled under, with the straps on the outside, like I would imagine would happen if you were trying to place the bra on a lifeless body. I guess the pics we didn't see would show this. Anybody see those pics???

So if it was use to drag her, that would mean he got it all the way on. And if he got that all the way on, why not the rest of her clothes? It seems the sports bra would be the hardest part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member