State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because it was written as if she had run off with someone.

But - why not disclose it - leaving it out there hanging is just weird. I guess if it's some sad story about "please come back, I want to work things out, the girls need you" - we'll hear about it on cross.... I'd rather have the pros disclose it and address it instead of hiding it because it might not be favorable to them - I'd rather take the wind out of the defenses' sails.

Did we see any emails BACK from Brad to Nancy when she was complaining about how he treated her? I'd like to get a sense of the dialogue between them, or, if he didn't respond, or was cold, etc. Lots of emails FROM Brad to other women showing his sensitive side - would like to see how he interacted with Nancy. Then - if we see the 7/15 email - we'll see if it is phony or not. And by phony, I mean insincere, not "fake".

You are right. Even if the technical testimony went over the juror's heads they will remember this sort of testimony for years to come.

I agree. Look how it takes all of us sometimes to keep all the techy stuff straight....but like you said, with this sort of testimony..you get knocked off your keyboard! They will go away thinking he is ....I'll say it one last time..a big CREEP!

And you know this, how? You know Nancy Coopers feelings, emotions, motives or lack there of, how exactly? Neither sex nor money have ever been control issues in my marriage. If they are in yours, you still can't project those on to Nancy IMO.

Why is it that I'm not allowed to have opinions about Nancy's actions, yet everyone else is allowed to state Brad's thoughts and analyze his actions (such as cleaning) as if they were fact? I'm basing my statement on her friend testifying that Nancy cut him off sexually. There has been no testimony that she had some medical condition preventing her from having sex, so control is the obvious reason.

Why is it that I'm not allowed to have opinions about Nancy's actions, yet everyone else is allowed to state Brad's thoughts and analyze his actions (such as cleaning) as if they were fact? I'm basing my statement on her friend testifying that Nancy cut him off sexually. There has been no testimony that she had some medical condition preventing her from having sex, so control is the obvious reason.

I would say because....Nancy is a victim.

I welcome your input on anything, ncsu so you should be able to give your opinion on anything you want. I might point out though that it probably won't be received well here by many, but I think all comments should be permitted. I have heard absolutely no testimony that NC had a medical condition preventing her from having sex. That is unless it is the tumor on her lung (s) that might be extremely serious.

Wanna bet it was an "I love you honey. When you come home things will be different. I want you. I need you. I'm waiting for you to return" email??

OMG! ... allow me to continue ....

"you're all I care about; you know that; you've always known that. I'm exhausted with work and work-outs. We were ONE from the beginning - don't end it; you know we'll be ONE in the end. You ... you make me .... Me. .... We can get over the bad times; lets keep what we've got, drop bad days and build new days, together, babes ... me and you ... and I'll even catch you when you fall or stumble ...." (vomit)

INDEED! I read you ... yip, bet I'd know you in a nano-second less0305 ... if we were but strangers just passing by on any any streeet, worlds apart.

Grrrr to BC!

I would say because....Nancy is a victim.

She was murdered on July 12th, 2008. I don't believe BC murdered her. But even if he did, his actions prior to July 12th 2008 are also on trial here. As I said last week, her actions fueled him and his actions fueled her. She is the victim of a murder and in no way shape or form deserved that. But that doesn't mean that she gets a free pass on anything that happened prior to July 12th, especially when that is the main part of this trial.

Don't think it's a matter of permission, ncsu (with all due respect). It's just that right now BC has a well secured team of lawyers, experts and witnesses to his past, current and future "side" of the story.

Nancy has naught but the history of this nightmare marriage ... and ... a tombstone. NC is not here to defend hearsay, speculation or even true-say. Her daughters and family do not deserve it. JMOO, polk ...

Nancy's behavior needs to be studied in the way it can explain some of Brad's behaviors. I think we stray from being good sleuths when we point to every trait or action of Brad's to supporting out theory of him being a killer.

For example -
He had affairs -> that means he killed her
He was controlling with the money -> then he killed her
He yelled at her at preschool -> that means he killed her
He left dishes in the sink when she was at the beach -> that means he killed her

When in fact - some things can be rather easily explained and few people would be this "one dimensional" and be able to blend into society. so - looking at it this way:

For example -
He had affairs -> he was an unfaithful jerk
He was controlling with the money -> either he was trying to get them to live within their means (like the Rentz's told them to) or - he knew they were divorcing and he wasn't going to give her one red cent more than absolutely necessary.
He yelled at her at preschool -> maybe she was yelling at him? they appeared to have no issued having screaming matches. Maybe he was trying to get to know the girls better and she was not allowing it? (regardless of his motivation...)
He left dishes in the sink when she was at the beach -> maybe he's just a dirty slob and this was his passive aggressive way to get back at her for having fun while he stayed at work?

Again - none of these things make him Prince Charming - but - a lot of these actions can be explained by a full blown dysfunctional marriage.

I don't believe anyone here thinks that ANY of NC's action could explain being killed - but - the dynamic needs to be explored because not everything Brad did means he's a killer.

I understand how some people thinks the State has repeated the same information through different witnesses, and feel it is over done. In my opinion, with regard to his affairs and this email creepy testimony...it is effective. You come to a point where you just feel like he was a super freak that was out of control in regards to the ending of his marriage and how it was going to effect him financially and otherwise. He is coming off as a very desperate, obsessed husband. JMO

I agree so much. These are all pieces of the puzzle IMO. A large part of that puzzle is 'what makes up brad cooper'. When you add all these things together along with the ability to fake the phone call, the red/black bra, missing shoes and clothes of brad, no *pair* of missing nancy shoes, earings still in her ears, necklace in brad's dresser drawer, and on and on... then you come to 'reasonable doubt'. Is it *reasonable* that all these things, taken together work towards murder. Judge will instruct the jury to 'use their common sense' which is what a lot of us here are doing in our assumptions IMO.

Well, I wished I waited until tomorrow to go to court. Most of the afternoon covered 2006-2007 e-mails on Brad's IBM laptop as well as e-mails he intercepted from Nancy's nc.rr.com account, the last he read after 9PM on Friday 7-11-08. I assume he will soon get to his web activity and other e-mails sent directly to Brad, including the one he read after 10PM on 7-11-08.

The FBI agent looked like Efrem Zimbalist, Jr in his early 40's.

NCSU95, I enjoy your posts. And every now and then your thoughts help me understand various issues from another point of view.
I have detested Brad Cooper since this case began airing on the news in 2008 and because of my dislike for him I feel strongly that he's guilty. My dislike shouldn't automatically equal guilty, I realize that.
So please continue to post your thoughts as they are always good ones, even if you get negative replies. Even if you get negative replies from me. I am trying very hard to think in terms of his NOT being guilty--and there hasn't been any evidence of his guilt as of yet and he may very well walk. I'm trying to see things from the not guilty point of view--as in he didn't do it, not in the legal sense-- that the pros. didn't prove their case. My overwhelming feel is that he did do it....but as I have said before I am the first who doesn't want to see an innocent man spend the rest of his life in prison.
Ok, I've had a migraine since last Thursday night and my pain meds are not touching it. So if I'm not making sense, please overlook me and try to read between my lines, everybody.

This is a very emotional case. Almost everyone reading here has an opinion, either guilty or innocent.

Please be respectful of other people's opinion and posts. Let's not snipe at each other. It's not going to do anyone any good, will cause hard feelings, and well,..... Time Outs or even a possible Banning or two.

This is the meat of the case. The trial. Don't shoot yourself in the foot and get to'd just when the truth will, hopefully, come out.

It's better to drive on by a post than to make a snide, snarky, or argumentative comment. Heck, I don't agree with lots of posts, but I just pass them by. We're all friends here, right!?

Now everyone kiss and make up.

:grouphug:
fran
:blowkiss:

PS....fwiw, I'm not a mod in this forum, I'm just like you all. I just don't want to see anyone get a to when there's so much to discuss.....fran :rose:

Nancy's behavior needs to be studied in the way it can explain some of Brad's behaviors. I think we stray from being good sleuths when we point to every trait or action of Brad's to supporting out theory of him being a killer.

For example -
He had affairs -> that means he killed her
He was controlling with the money -> then he killed her
He yelled at her at preschool -> that means he killed her
He left dishes in the sink when she was at the beach -> that means he killed her

When in fact - some things can be rather easily explained and few people would be this "one dimensional" and be able to blend into society. so - looking at it this way:

For example -
He had affairs -> he was an unfaithful jerk
He was controlling with the money -> either he was trying to get them to live within their means (like the Rentz's told them to) or - he knew they were divorcing and he wasn't going to give her one red cent more than absolutely necessary.
He yelled at her at preschool -> maybe she was yelling at him? they appeared to have no issued having screaming matches. Maybe he was trying to get to know the girls better and she was not allowing it? (regardless of his motivation...)
He left dishes in the sink when she was at the beach -> maybe he's just a dirty slob and this was his passive aggressive way to get back at her for having fun while he stayed at work?

Again - none of these things make him Prince Charming - but - a lot of these actions can be explained by a full blown dysfunctional marriage.

I don't believe anyone here thinks that ANY of NC's action could explain being killed - but - the dynamic needs to be explored because not everything Brad did means he's a killer.

Thank you. I agree that we need to explore all avenues as good sleuths. If this means scruitinizing the victim's activities as well as the defendants, then so be it.

I agree so much. These are all pieces of the puzzle IMO. A large part of that puzzle is 'what makes up brad cooper'. When you add all these things together along with the ability to fake the phone call, the red/black bra, missing shoes and clothes of brad, no *pair* of missing nancy shoes, earings still in her ears, necklace in brad's dresser drawer, and on and on... then you come to 'reasonable doubt'. Is it *reasonable* that all these things, taken together work towards murder. Judge will instruct the jury to 'use their common sense' which is what a lot of us here are doing in our assumptions IMO.

When a murder has been committed everything is relevant and needs to be looked at. A murder doesn't happen out of the blue there are always signs leading up to it. Be it lies, violence, thieft, strong emotions, dysfunction etc, etc.,
Brad Cooper has given us many arrows and now it depends on which ones are followed and in what direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC