State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's arrogant.....just fed up. Kurtz isn't forming his questions properly, is trying to get Det. Daniels to testify about documents and notes that were not his own, just off the wall stuff that just isn't critical. I understand that they are trying to show the inaccuracies, mishandling, ineptness of the CPSD but all of that has already been shown in Det. Young's testimony. This is just a huge waste of time for all of us.

I actually get his point a little (not that it means anything). All Det. Young did during cross is constantly say 'I was just following what Det. Daniels told me to do'. Now we get to Det. Daniels and he says 'Det Young did this and wrote the notes, so you'll have to ask him'.

That sharp memory and lightning fast recollection of this morning has faded. Daniels seems reluctant to admit to anything unless he is shown the evidence of his action.

It's the way Kurtz asks the questions -

K - "You're certain JA said she bought All?"

DD - "Show me."

K - "Read this."

DD - "It says, 'JA believed she bought All, wasn't sure when she bought All."

The detective is only being very smart.

FYI - streaming this via my iPhone, on my home network has not resulted in any buffering and has not required continual log ins.

And - I can put in my ear buds and clean my house and get some work done - grabbing the phone to look at the screen if there is something I need to see in stead of just hear.

Whoo hooooo

(Why didn't I think of this earlier?????)

I am so happy this is working for you!

That sharp memory and lightning fast recollection of this morning has faded. Daniels seems reluctant to admit to anything unless he is shown the evidence of his action.

He is not being asked to speculate -- he is being asked to give testimony. He is not going to guess at anything while he is under oath. This case, while a big one, is not the only thing he as done in the last 3 years. His rep and his job are too important, I would assume, for him to be unsure when he answers. Kurtz is looking at docs, why shouldn't any witness be afforded the same if he needs refreshing before telling the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth. I wouldn't take that chance. Would you?

I am so happy this is working for you!

I tried to do that but its a black screen and I can only hear it and not see it.. can you see too? I have a 4g Ipod... I wouldnt think iphone or ipod would make a difference.

"Server too Busy Try again Later" "Server Too Busy Try again Later"..Gerrrrr..I think the CA Thread is close to crashing the site..LOL..I saw we only had like 35 or 40 posting on this one..so cant be Nancy Cooper Thread causing the Server to be going "WONKY" LOL

We don't believe the call ever happened. Do you have any evidence that Mr. Cooper placed the call? No, but he knew how.

Really? That's enough to to prove his alibi call is not real? Because he knew how? Just never mind that there is no evidence showing that he placed the call.

We have discussed this ad nauseum.
Like he said, Cooper had the motive, means and opportunity to make the call. There is no proof he did and there is no proof he didn't.
Based on the other evidence, it is much more likely he did spoof the call.
The jury says - move on

I am afraid to try to respond to anybody because I don't want to get stuck again. I hope somebody will be able to bring CrimeAddict up to date a little later.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Just a reminder, all recorded testimony from the #CooperTrial is posted on WRAL.com, if you'd like to go back & watch: http://tiny.cc/hznwx

But confidence can look like agressiveness to some, and many people don't like that.

He was confident with prosecution, but agressive with Kurtz. It can happen when you don't know the questions, and you don't like being questioned about what you believe even though it might not be in your notes or you might not be able to prove it. IMO

Thats happened to me before. very scary. Im very cautious of my surroundings.

I was stalked once, long before there were laws about it, in my early 20s, I started getting things in the mail from someone telling me how nice I looked, they would like to meet me, etc. Thankfully, he put his return address on the postcards and the police were able to find him. He admitted that he saw me for the first time in the grocery store and asked the cashier who I was and she told him. It was a different time, in a smaller town, so he followed me home, then looked me up in the phone book. I was leary whenever I came or left my house after that. I have no idea how long he was watching me before he got up the courage to write me. Turned out he was a convicted felon, out of jail, but he had been in for assault and robbery with a weapon.

My phone and address were never published again in a phone book, and I even listed my phone number under my mother's maiden name per advice of LE. I still look at everything around me when I go out and before coming into my house.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Just a reminder, all recorded testimony from the #CooperTrial is posted on WRAL.com, if you'd like to go back & watch: http://tiny.cc/hznwx

WSs is still very slow for me. If I disappear, hopefully I don't, it will be because of server problems.
I am getting a nasty headache from this cross examination. I can only imagine what Det. Daniels is feeling. I agree that he doesn't seem as confident but it's due to Kurtz's stupid way of handling the entire thing. It's been a spectacle.

There is no direct proof that the call was set up.
There is no direct proof that a human made the call.
There is more circumstantial evidence pointing to the former, compared to the latter.

We have discussed this ad nauseum.
Like he said, Cooper had the motive, means and opportunity to make the call. There is no proof he did and there is no proof he didn't.
Based on the other evidence, it is much more likely he did spoof the call.
The jury says - move on

No proof he spoofed the call...no trace of data which would be present and non-erasable. He did not spoof the call. Jury wants defense to address the google map and nothing else that the pros wasted their time on. If the defense raises enough doubt about the map, BC walks...if not he's convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive