State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's laugh or cry, right? I mean, this situation was already a tragedy, not matter how this chapter of it ends. I think it's slowly been turned into a travesty. i don't foresee it ending and the judge sitting on it admits that it will be up for appeal based on what he's seen already.

The only folks who benefit from this in the end are: absolutely frickin' no one.

BTW, everyone complains about Cummings being slow....but did Kurtz form a single coherent question today?

Poor jurors.

No matter where you sit on the fence (or off), it is very sad when the judge admits it will be appealed. Some of Kurtz's arguments are legitimate, and some probably aren't. I don't want to get into that debate. I have seen a fair number of trials, but this one is different and we haven't started the defense witnesses.

CaryFrom NJ,

just curious, you seemed adamant Brad could not have done this because he seemed like such a good father.

Have you changed your mind, knowing he zoomed in on the dump site 7-11-08?

Still not sure either way. That did swayme a bit more towards the guilty side, but there are still so many unanswered questions and inconsistencies that I could vote guilty if I was on the jury at this point in time. I don't believe the CPD did a thorough accurate job. And I could not convict without evidence. I don't believe in convicting on circumstantial evidence. That is just me, though. I know a lot of people have been convicted based on circumstantial evidence. But I also know that I would have to be 100% sure before locking someone up for life.

Yes - but in that "5 hours" her sure did a lot of cleaning, dumping of body, dumping of evidence, rigging the phones, cleaning the house, etc. Doesn't that seem quite a lot to do in 5 hours with 2 children around? I just don't buy it.

Brad's testimony on depo and in his initial interviews with police he said he was cleaning the house from 9am to 1pm. His own words.

No matter where you sit on the fence (or off), it is very sad when the judge admits it will be appealed. Some of Kurtz's arguments are legitimate, and some probably aren't. I don't want to get into that debate. I have seen a fair number of trials, but this one is different and we haven't started the defense witnesses.

The judge admitted it will be appealed?
Ya think?
What murder conviction is not?
Too lucrative for the court appointed appellate lawyer too pass up.

Still not sure either way. That did swayme a bit more towards the guilty side, but there are still so many unanswered questions and inconsistencies that I could vote guilty if I was on the jury at this point in time. I don't believe the CPD did a thorough accurate job. And I could not convict without evidence. I don't believe in convicting on circumstantial evidence. That is just me, though. I know a lot of people have been convicted based on circumstantial evidence. But I also know that I would have to be 100% sure before locking someone up for life.

So if you cannot convict on C.E., what evidence do you require in order to convict someone of murder?

The judge admitted it will be appealed?
Ya think?
What murder conviction is not?
Too lucrative for the court appointed appellate lawyer too pass up.

Ummm, I think the judge is just ready for ice cream at that point.

I don't think he knew what he was getting into and is probably upset that his face is in a lot of new internet places with a whole lot of new nicknames.

Again, I can't put my finger on the hinky factor (it's no longer a question of innocence or guilt for me, it's more like one giant.....HUH?)

It's laugh or cry, right? I mean, this situation was already a tragedy, not matter how this chapter of it ends. I think it's slowly been turned into a travesty. i don't foresee it ending and the judge sitting on it admits that it will be up for appeal based on what he's seen already.

The only folks who benefit from this in the end are: absolutely frickin' no one.

BTW, everyone complains about Cummings being slow....but did Kurtz form a single coherent question today?

Poor jurors.

I thought Kurtz did fine, all things considered. I thought the witness was pretty evasive. Young referred so many things to Daniel and now that he is on the stand, he is still unable to answer many of these questions. It is interesting though, all of the different viewpoints of what happened today.

I was disappointed in the judge not allowing the questioning of Daniel's own report and I thought Cummings display was disgraceful.

Thanks CaryFrom NJ....I feel very confident I could eventually convince you to do the right thing if we were on that jury. ;)

People can also look at evidence that doesn't add up and question it. It doesn't mean they are idiots, brainwashed, Brad supporters, troublemakers, uninformed, ignorant, despite what people who have already made up their mind would like to paint them as.

Thank you. I could not have said it any better.

According to the only person who has been proven to be a liar, you mean?

So 10 or so other persons lied and halo-wearing Brad is the only person who told the truth about that?

JTF asked me how if the dress wasn't washed could the wine stain have gotten out of it. I replied, according to BC it had a wet spot at the party where she said she rinsed it out.

Brad's testimony on depo and in his initial interviews with police he said he was cleaning the house from 9am to 1pm. His own words.

That's right--and add all of the night-time hours to the day time clean up hours and there is a lot of time.

JTF asked me how if the dress wasn't washed could the wine stain have gotten out of it. I replied, according to BC it had a wet spot at the party where she said she rinsed it out.

No Hon, the SBI said there was only scientific evidence of a small, oily spot.
If there was even a trace of wine in the fiber, it would have shown.

My point being - Brad lies. There never was a wine stain - or a wet spot at the party.

I'm saying that she was mixing up when the run at some lake happened. That was the previous week while she was on vacation. I don't believe she lied. I just think she confused details of the conversation.

I am not saying BC did not have inconsistencies, but why it is ok for her friends to have got confused, when they say they are so sure, but if BC got confused then it is a blatant lie? I think these things need to be looked at.

Because Brad told the police he was asleep at the time at the time.

We agree he was not truthful about sleeping, but DD said he was in his office on the computer, laying in bed with the computer was another alternative, because DD would not know for certain he was in his office, that was speculation.

Do you prop yourself up on the crack between the two twin beds like brad says he did?

Funny that you should ask. While I do not do this on a normal basis I have actually done this before. I have a 3 year old and 5 year old and they like mommy to sleep between them until they fall asleep (sometimes I fall asleep before they do). We have rented beach homes that have 2 twin beds in a room. We have pushed the beds together and I have slept (uncomfortably, may I ad) on the crack between both beds (and usually with blackberry in hand)

I hope the jurors are taking good notes...this case has so many details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018