State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was CD, who showed up to court in a t-shirt and threw the "f-bomb" so many times I was beyond embarassed. I think the defense will be calling him back. This guy is not credible.

Not credible because he wore a t-shirt?
You were embarrassed or embarrassed for him?

That's what I said. You still need some tool, like a person might need to pull out a credit card to jimmy open a lock. WEP is still a lock. It's just not a good one and can easily be bypassed if someone wants to take the time. Having no encryption would be the screen door. That would be an unsecure network that anyone can jump on if they are close enough to the rounter/access point. MOO

But tool here means free software. Takes about a minute or less to find.

Yes, because he is not an expert.
Kurtz had >2 years to find someone with expert credentials. I suppose the $$$ was not enough to buy someone on the witness stand to lie for Brad Cooper

Whatever one may think of his claims, Jay Ward will not lie on the stand for anyone. I don't personally know him, but whatever he claims will be backed up with enough for us geeks to know whether it rings true.

It seems to me that those most likely still on the fence are those with the most technical background, particularly those who are also familiar with the long list of police, SBI, FBI, and other errors involving cases in NC.

Geeks like Ward are not going to lie for anyone. Get's us in a lot of trouble sometimes with authority figures, bosses, etc. We suffer fools poorly, if at all. When your identity is wrapped up completely in your professional skills and reputation, you don't shill for anyone and you are not easily bullied by those lacking a clue.

You should realize that the Cooper WEP wireless network would appear to you as "Protected". You really need to watch the last 3/4 hour of today's testimony and then tune in tomorrow.

The more-secure you think your systems, the less secure they probably are.

Dang work gets in the way but i'll try. I personally don't like this witness JMO not because he can put a snag in the State but his total know everything attitude. I noticed him turning to the jury and to me it meant nothing. JMO

I don't side with anybody. I have watched this trial trying to look at the evidence with an open mind. At this point, I believe he is guilty. My opinion could change before it is over. It has changed at least once already.
I'm glad to see you admitting you believe he is guilty.
Judging from your posts, that certainly never crossed my mind.

It was CD, who showed up to court in a t-shirt and threw the "f-bomb" so many times I was beyond embarassed. I think the defense will be calling him back. This guy is not credible.

Another witness the pros wishes would...just...go...away

I'm glad to see you admitting you believe he is guilty.
Judging from your posts, that certainly never crossed my mind.

I guess you haven't read my posts. I have said it dozens of times since the "smoking gun" dropped last week.

ETA: But it doesn't mean I'm not going to look at what is being presented with a skeptical viewpoint (from both sides). I will still argue the evidence based on my understanding and experience. And I'm still open minded enough to change my opinion if evidence shows the search wasn't legit. But until they show that, I'm on the guilty side. And just to add...I don't believe anyone hacked into his system. My arguing today is more about the capability than if someone did. And I still think Gessner is as biased as they come.

But tool here means free software. Takes about a minute or less to find.

It takes less than that to pull out a credit card to jimmy a door. It is still more than pushing open a screen door. I'm just saying that his analogy was an exaggeration. I also imagine the prosecution will point out that you actually have to be in range of the wireless router/access point in order to accomplish this hacking. It's not like you can sit in your living room and hack somebody 3 blocks over.

Does anyone know when exactly the FBI pulled the data from BC's laptop? I'm just curious because if it occurred after the interrogation/custody deposition, what did they possibly use to convince the GJ to indict? It seems like they already knew about the Fielding Drive search. Otherwise, there wasn't any other evidence aside from the gossipy "friends" running the investigation and pointing out the "evidence" to them.

Whatever one may think of his claims, Jay Ward will not lie on the stand for anyone. I don't personally know him, but whatever he claims will be backed up with enough for us geeks to know whether it rings true.

It seems to me that those most likely still on the fence are those with the most technical background, particularly those who are also familiar with the long list of police, SBI, FBI, and other errors involving cases in NC.

Geeks like Ward are not going to lie for anyone. Get's us in a lot of trouble sometimes with authority figures, bosses, etc. We suffer fools poorly, if at all. When your identity is wrapped up completely in your professional skills and reputation, you don't shill for anyone and you are not easily bullied by those lacking a clue.

You don't know him, yet are certain he would never lie on the stand for $ or perhaps fame:waitasec:

Don't think for a second that is true. Look no further than the "highly respected" Henry Lee. In his case, it is both fame and $$$

I'm late to the party - but was able to check Twitter today while I was gone.

Starting from the last page and reading backwards is probably not a good idea today - and I'm sure this has been brought up but...

Officer Hayes(?) testified that he was there to make sure nothing was removed from the home before the SW was secured. He said Brad took a shower and then he heard him in his office on the computer. Brad then asked him to go downstairs and wait in the entryway? I guess it's hard for me to believe that Brad didn't lock that computer before he left that room (let alone what he may have been trying to delete) and left it unsecure/unlocked. My 2 pennies.

I agree with that. He has been honest on a couple of points already that definitely did not help the defense. One was in pointing out how skilled Brad is and the other I can't remember now but when he gave his answer, I know I said, "That's not what Kurtz wanted you to say." However, I think that he could give results that are not accurate not because he is dishonest but because he didn't run something correctly. MOO

Does anyone know when exactly the FBI pulled the data from BC's laptop? I'm just curious because if it occurred after the interrogation/custody deposition, what did they possibly use to convince the GJ to indict? It seems like they already knew about the Fielding Drive search. Otherwise, there wasn't any other evidence aside from the gossipy "friends" running the investigation and pointing out the "evidence" to them.

They found the Fielding drive data in late 2009, so that was not used for the indictment - though it was probably not needed. Indictments are pretty easy come by in a case like this.

Yes, I agree with this point. Engineers don't deal well with uncertainty. :) I wouldn't say that I'm on the fence. I have assumed that he probably did it since the day she went missing (and posted such back in 2008). But, I do like details and certainty. There seems to be practically none of that in this case.

Who would want to frame Brad Cooper and why? And how would that person have known on 7-16-08 that there wouldn't already be incriminating physical evidence tying Cooper to his wife's murder, or better yet physical evidence tying someone else to her murder?

And then, how would that person have known how to hack into both the network and Cooper's work laptop, get past his security software and password protection, create a google search and then change the timestamp?

And why would anyone go to this much trouble to frame an innocent man?

And you all seriously believe this?

Madeleine,

It depends on your hypothesis. If you are inclined to the side that no matter what BC did it, then no, an alternate hypothesis carries little weight.

On the other hand, if your inclined to be unsure at this moment that BC did it, then you add up stuff on that (BC may not be guilty) side of the ledger:

Crime committed, but no crime scene could be determined or found in the house.
No forensic evidence BC transported a body.
ME conclusions weak as to TOD. Could be hours before 7 am or after 7 AM.
Forensic Bug Guy left the window open as equally before or after 7 AM.
6:40 AM phone call: spoofed by BC, or made by unknown third party, or made by NC herself is inconclusive.

So if not BC then who??? Yes, I know it could be BC, it should be BC because he's a slimeball, and most folks here want it to be BC.

But for just a moment, think: what if it's not BC, and postulate for the briefest time that he is maybe being framed by a killer.

Does that mean he did not do it. No, it just means keep your mind open, explore all possibilities, and after all evidence is heard, explored and trashed over, the jury will speak, affirmatively one way or the other.

Then we will all know......

That's what I said. You still need some tool, like a person might need to pull out a credit card to jimmy open a lock. WEP is still a lock. It's just not a good one and can easily be bypassed if someone wants to take the time. Having no encryption would be the screen door. That would be an unsecure network that anyone can jump on if they are close enough to the rounter/access point. MOO

WEP is barely a screen door. WPA is closer to a screen door. WPA2 is a bit better. WEP was considered a joke before 2008. Today, the automated hacking is quickly overcoming the higher levels of security. What is being discussed at the trial requires almost no technical skills, only the ability of Google search slightly more complicated than "27518".

They found the Fielding drive data in late 2009, so that was not used for the indictment - though it was probably not needed. Indictments are pretty easy come by in a case like this.

Thanks. I find it interesting they would lock him up for 2 1/2 years on pre-Fielding drive search evidence, but they did. And that probably explains why they were still trying to "find" evidence in '10 (mica). It's really scary if you think about it.

Not credible because he wore a t-shirt?
You were embarrassed or embarrassed for him?

I was embarassed for him
Not credible because he was not in the least bit professional on the stand. Not credible because it is a known fact in this little circle of Lochmere friends that he hit on NC repeatidly.
Not credible because he threw the f-bomb in court that day numerous time. And yes - not credible because he wore a t-shirt and sounded like a disgruntled, jealous, wanna-be boyfriend on the stand.

It takes less than that to pull out a credit card to jimmy a door. It is still more than pushing open a screen door. I'm just saying that his analogy was an exaggeration. I also imagine the prosecution will point out that you actually have to be in range of the wireless router/access point in order to accomplish this hacking. It's not like you can sit in your living room and hack somebody 3 blocks over.

Fair enough. I thought you were saying not everyone has access to the tools. It does take an effort and intention to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018