Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy's friends and most current running partner testified she never ran alone.

"Botched body dump" ????
" in the woods for weeks"?

The turkey buzzards circle over the woods too.
Right, it was a 'dump'....and quick, so to get the hell out of dodge.

All those unfortunate women in Rocky Mount were in the woods for years.

Thanks. I would like to hear confirmation of this information, also.

Since this was Brad's attempt to gain custody of the children, I am sure he (or anyone else in that circumstance) would attempt to portray himself as the long-suffering spouse. Obviously, Nancy couldn't disagree with the statement.

And, considering that the time frame he mentions would also correspond to Nancy's former "BFF" telling Nancy that she had been intimate with Brad, the information may be correct. I certainly don't think Brad should get sympathy or "stars" for being the long-suffering spouse. JMO...

I just found this article from wral that talked about his friend Michael Hiller, its interesting that he thought Cary cops were coercing him, I am sure this will come up in trial unless Michael changed his story or this one is exaggerated so Kurtz can't play with it at all.

Check it out.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3658943/

Yep. Here's the affidavit. I think it's line 10 where he talks about the police trying to coerce him.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1774425/Nancy-Cooper-Brad-Cooper-Mike-Hiller

Hopefully there is no offense to my eliminating part of your response as I only want to comment on the above. It appears, that whoever committed this murder, hid the body in a perfect spot. The water and the surrounding elements really did a toll on eliminating evidence.

IIRC it was pretty warm during this time. I also think it rained a short heavy time or 2 before the body was located.

I mentioned previously that I had my kids out in the woods around Regency Parkway when the search was going on, only to find out recently that there were some random things located in that area. At the time I did not know there was an organized search being conducted.

So now this crime scene expert who leaves no trace, has two more days to think what he'll say when they discover her, and the first thing he sez is basically, "I know what she has on, its a black and red sports bra!" Either he's brilliant, or he's dumb as dirt - he's not both at the same time.

He's a brilliant man who was exhausted and trying to keep all of his lies straight. She's got several sports bras she wears and not only does he mention only ONE item she always wears, colors and all... that was the only thing she WAS wearing!

You should look at some of the odd behaviors of killers. Some collect as a token of their kill some really strange things. From the few things that I have read, it does not seem odd that the killer would leave the body naked. They take a lot of the potential physical evidence with them that way. All killers do not have theft and rape on the mind...sad as it is, some kill for the thrill of just watching a human die. It is sick, but it is not unheard of.

So you believe this random killer took her shoes, socks, underwear, shirt and left behind the only item that her husband was able to identify as what she would have been wearing on that given day?

Logical? CPD:" We found a body.". BC:"She always ran in a sports bra.".

Where are the missing parts? You know, where a husband who didn't murder his wife asks, "Is it her?"

Maybe a logical statement if CPD had said, "What does she normally run in?"

Either way, still logical responses. None of us know or want to know how we'd react or what we'd say in that moment. And we know, since the chief already announced it, CPD thought BC did it, and phrased their questions to try and trip him up.

I know we are discussing this right now, but I am reading BC's affidavit and he said that diamond necklace was $3,000. I know before someone else said it was 1200, so that is much more, and more reason to keep it and stick it in his drawer to get some money for it later IMO

Are you saying that you believe that BC is a crime scene expert? What about the possibility of him rehearsing in his head what he would say the moment he was told that the body had been found and blurted out the description of the sports bra before he was told what she was wearing? That's another possible scenario.

Not only that, but the weather and the insects probably made him only appear to be a crime scene expert.

Are you saying that you believe that BC is a crime scene expert? What about the possibility of him rehearsing in his head what he would say the moment he was told that the body had been found and blurted out the description of the sports bra before he was told what she was wearing? That's another possible scenario.

Some on here have jokingly said he was, because he leaves no trace.

All those unfortunate women in Rocky Mount were in the woods for years.

On the edge of a cul de sac in a new subdivision?

How long do you think he was gonna spend back there disposing of her body?

So you believe this random killer took her shoes, socks, underwear, shirt and left behind the only item that her husband was able to identify as what she would have been wearing on that given day?

Very well put.

Hopefully there is no offense to my eliminating part of your response as I only want to comment on the above. It appears, that whoever committed this murder, hid the body in a perfect spot. The water and the surrounding elements really did a toll on eliminating evidence.

I doubt anyone could have predicted that, do you really think that? I think a large lake would have made more sense, don't you? They may have never found the body, but right in a construction area of new homes? That to me = not premeditated if he did do it.

Maybe as he was doing laundry he found the black bra and running shirt and realized she must have been wearing the red and black bra?

Sports bras. Have you ever tried one on, or tried to get out of one that didn't have a zipper in the front? Holy cow. I got stuck in one of those things and never put it back on again. It did not have a zipper.

But Brad said that Nancy often wore two at a time. Whoever put the one on her that night or morning, probably gave up. Cause we ladies who have to have them, we eventually know the tricks to getting them off and on with ease (zippers, for one thing, in the front). No zipper equals entrapment and panic.)

I agree wholeheartedly about those danged sports bras. I refuse to wear one without a front zipper or hooks in the back.

But, perhaps, for those who are relatively small-chested like Nancy appeared to be, maybe it's not such a big deal to put them on and take off. Still, wearing two of them? That just sounds so uncomfortable and seems like it would cause major sweat.

We've talked about this before, but I wonder again if she may have worn the bra under her dress that Friday night. They can be more comfortable than regular bras sometimes.

IMO

Maybe as he was doing laundry he found the black bra and running shirt and realized she must have been wearing the red and black bra?

Nancy was an obsessive, long time runner.
I feel very confident she had collected many sports bras.
The fact that Brad identified that bra in detail, is very telling.

You should look at some of the odd behaviors of killers. Some collect as a token of their kill some really strange things. From the few things that I have read, it does not seem odd that the killer would leave the body naked. They take a lot of the potential physical evidence with them that way. All killers do not have theft and rape on the mind...sad as it is, some kill for the thrill of just watching a human die. It is sick, but it is not unheard of.

And yet this killer with this odd fetish of stealing almost all the clothes off a woman during daylight out on a city street wasn't seen before and hasn't been seen since. No other dead bodies turning up minus their jogging shoes, socks, shorts, undies, tee-shirt or tank top. But I guess the odds of it being a random fetish killer is far greater than it being a pissed off husband who spies on his wife's emails, sleeps in a separate bed, has sexual relations with someone other than his wife, is going through a nasty divorce, and whose wife is going around the neighborhood telling their friends how horrid he is while he's drowning in debt and seemingly isn't happy about ponying up some child support or alimony. Yeah, I can see why the defense is so desperately trying to pin this on JP - the random killer thing just ain't working.

Either way, still logical responses. None of us know or want to know how we'd react or what we'd say in that moment. And we know, since the chief already announced it, CPD thought BC did it, and phrased their questions to try and trip him up.

So no one is allowed to think someone did it or try to get someone to admit it? At this pace no murders would ever be solved!

And saying, "We found a body" is hardly trip-up material. It's a statement. One, unfortunately, that PDs have to make every day, to which they normally receive responses of tears, fear, disbelief, and horror.

In my work (municipal govt) often times it's not that they "can't" pay the water bill, it's that they're too busy, too lazy, too disorganized, or they just plain lose the little postcard bill and then forget it until no water comes out of the tap. I've worked in several cities/towns - all of them have a policy that IF someone who truly can not pay before their service is scheduled for disconnect, they simply call in to the water department and make arrangements to pay the past due amount on a particular date when they will have the funds and no interruption in service is experienced. People wouldn't believe how many CPAs, doctors, attorneys have their water shut off for non-payment.... uhhhh, they have the money - just not the personal organizational skills to take care of their own finances and business.

All this talk of water bills saved us this month from having the water cut off :) How does it happen? Well, the water bill can ONLY be paid by driving to the water department in city hall here in eastern NC. Or you can write a check and mail it. And ya better mail it in advance of the due date too, or else. Used to be able to pay it on the phone with debit card...stopped that avenue two months ago :( Well, needless to say, I went and pulled ours out and it was OVERDUE by three days!! Aggggh. Plans are for the water bill to be available online soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14