State v Bradley Cooper - 3/24/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm actually really surprised he didn't have an iPhone.

Sorry to hear you were under the weather but glad you got some sleep and didn't really miss much.

I agree I am a techno gadget junky. Not knowing how to find the call log is pretty lame. Voicemail is more tricky you have to know to call using the speed dial but the call log is right there in the apps screen.

Those blackjacks are craptacular phones but the call log, not hard to find.

Before I found love with my first Blackberry, I had a Motorola Q, very similar to the Blackjack. It was OK to start with, but later I came to realize that it might have made a good skeet, or hockey puck, but it was a terrible phone. Lockups, horrible battery life, poor signal capture.... and it would self destruct at the end of the 2 year contract. Really bad memories. My wife started yelling at me because I was not carrying it, but the battery life was so bad it had to stay on the charger all the time, and it was a new battery.

Thanks for the insight calgary123.
Brad does indeed seem "complex".

Well, Calgary123, I'm surprised you aren't on the list to testify.

I remember several who knew Brad in the past, rather intimately and posted on WS back in the early days of the murder.

Early twenties. That's when lots of mental problems start to bubble up. I'd love to know how his brain works in that respect. Some people are just wired wrong, and some people have problems related to past. You never know.

Curious... On Brad's first trip to HT he doesn't have his cell, right, because he had to call it when he got home to find it? Has anyone scrutinized the HT video to see if he was holding his cell or if it was clipped on to him anywhere?

There is something in his hand, black. Could be wallet, key case or phone?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-24 at 9.20.09 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-24 at 9.20.09 PM.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for the insight calgary123.
Brad does indeed seem "complex".

And I thank you too Calgary!
Your insight into Brad the 'regular' guy helps. I would like to think there is more normalcy to him than what I have envisioned.

I wasn't able to hear all the testimony this afternoon and now I'm replaying part 2 of the last witness today - gosh, why can't i think of his name - and the video gets to 35:38 and freezes. I've refreshed and closed and restarted, everything...but it won't go past 35:38. Has anyone else had trouble? Is it just me or is it WRAL?

There is something in his hand, black. Could be wallet, key case or phone?

I can't tell, but it would not make sense that he has his wallet in his hand going in to the store. If he were wearing sweats or something that did not have pockets maybe, but it looks like jeans to me.

IIRC the judge is going to make the defense use the Harris Teeter special software to show the CCTV images because the resolution is better.

Gotta remember that Brad and Nancy kind of jumped into marriage, so that she could come with him to the US so he could take the Cisco job. I don't think Brad's parents came to the quick shot wedding, did they?

I read here long ago about it. I remember it said that at work in Canada, Brad liked "showing off" Nancy at work. You know, she looked so much more fresh and young back then. I think her life style aged her. Especially: alcohol, stress, sun.

What is it about some guys and women that way? Do they need adoration? That feeling of new "love" with all the adoration they crave? Eh. It's too "complex".

But I am missing why that means he didn't have it the first trip. Could have left it in the car and couldn't find it, could have set it down somewhere.

Also, do we know this is the "locate my cell phone" call? Or is that just speculation? I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything from the testimony today!

Well, Calgary123, I'm surprised you aren't on the list to testify.

Given the kind of evidence the prosecution is calling, me too. And that is a jab at the prosecution.

I was contacted by media as were others who knew Brad and as far as I know we all declined interviews. Brad was being raked across the coals enough based on speculation without us piping in, and we really have nothing concrete to add to the debate.

I have no information which in any way either proves his guilt or provides reasonable doubt. I'm just giving my impressions. I'm sure Brad would take issue with how I described him, and I'd take issue were he to describe me. I would like to see some concrete evidence though, and soon.

But I am missing why that means he didn't have it the first trip. Could have left it in the car and couldn't find it, could have set it down somewhere.

Also, do we know this is the "locate my cell phone" call? Or is that just speculation? I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything from the testimony today!

That's what Brad said, that he called his cell from the home phone to find it, between HT trips.

Why would you think he didn't have his phone on the first trip?

I think the 1st trip was designated to dump the body and be seen at HT.
Good point, he could have done all of this (including the call from home) in a single trip. So why the 2nd trip, suddenly with the all important call?
Was it an idea that popped in his mind on the way back from Fielding?
Did he want to dump the body shortly after 6 (dark), and delay the alibi call as late as possible...6:40? (needed 2 trips to make the video at HT work and if neighbors saw his car leave).

Can you point me to where? I'm not arguing with you, but since he hasn't testified, it must be in a document i haven't read yet.

Why would you think he didn't have his phone on the first trip?

His first trip to HT was at 6:23am, his first call to the cell phone from the home phone occurred at 6:40am. This call at 6:40am was to locate the cell phone. I still guess it is possible to argue that after returning from HT at 6:23 he forgot where he placed his cell phone and that is why the call at 6:40 was made. It is also possible that the object in his left hand, while walking into HT at 6:23am, is not a cell phone.

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/Includes/Templates/Active/images/BCEntersHTforMilk.swf

His first trip to HT was at 6:23am, his first call to the cell phone from the home phone occurred at 6:40am. This call at 6:40am was to locate the cell phone. I still guess it is possible to argue that after returning from HT at 6:23 he forgot where he placed his cell phone and that is why the call at 6:40 was made. It is also possible that the object in his left hand, while walking into HT at 6:23am, is not a cell phone.

http://www.kurtzandblum.com/Includes/Templates/Active/images/BCEntersHTforMilk.swf

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have this as the call times:
Home to cell: 6:34 (the "locate" call)
Cell to Cisco: 6:37
Home to cell: 6:40 (supposedly Nancy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors