State v Bradley Cooper - 3/25/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brad's had a lot of experience and practice in lying. Years and years worth. CCIE-level worth on the lying scale.

The lawyer on these depositions is really good at what she does. Though Brad wouldn't go down to the PD to do an interview, she nails him in on so many issues. She's got a complete interview on video, hitting all the important issues. Everythiing from the table in the entrance hall, the missing ducks, etc., to the phone calls, to Nancy's running clothes, Brad's route he drove to the Harris Teeter each time. Listening to all these interviews is really interesting, hearing Brad. Anybody remember that old Linda Ronstad song "Poor poor pitiful Me". Poor Brad, on his hands and knees, scrubbing the floors with hot water and vinegar........ :(

Since all signs right now are that there is a lack of hard physical evidence, I think the trial will largely come down to 1) establishing that Brad's a jerk, and 2) proving he lied about his alibi. So far, we know he lied about cleaning the garage because he said he cleaned it on June 28, but the exterminator said it was still messy on July 8. If they can cast enough doubt on the phone calls, he's toast. I just wish they had figured out some way to talk to the oldest daughter. If she woke up in the morning and nobody was home, or she saw NC that morning - that would be the end.

"Nancy's got a ton of running stuff and he couldn't tell what might be missing." "She's got probably a dozen sports bras, so he couldn't imagine which ones might be *missing*."

But, yet, folks, he DID imagine which sports bra was missing! He told CPD exactly which one was missing! All they had to say, was, "We found a body," and the words came tumbling out.

This SCREAMS guilt to me! Which is it, Brad...you do or you don't know which sports bra she could have been wearing??

Well I think it's proven that he COULD tell, even if if later he acted like he couldn't!!!

A Good Sunday Morning to y'all. Just read last 3 days testimony - so this might land at the end / middle of Friday's court thread and appear redundant to recent posts. Just to say the integrity, intelligence and updates are immense.

If I was on this jury and these techno-buzz phrases and acronyms (and I'm not even listing them all), came flying across the courtroom at me, I'd feel like I was in Grade 2 trying to get a PhD! I couldn't make judgment on stuff that totally perplexes me.

FXO Spa3102 871W VOiP FXS SBC PSTN VTech TWC UPN POTS Rac-F ... and others that barely skimmed and skipped the gray-jelly in my skull.

Think Just The Fax was spot on, stating that's Kurtz' intention. Essentially, JTF, you and perhaps many others believe he aims to flabbergast, overwhelm and subsequently paralyze jury rationale.

Truly hope the prosecution, in the final wrap, says something simple such as "Expert testimony has supplied advanced high-tech investigations, to solidly prove BC rigged his own cell-phone with fake calls, via his place of work, from NC thus creating a fake alibi - at the times he claimed she called him."

One Q: I'm trusting that during jury selection, prospective jurors may have been quizzed on such technology? Phew.

Back to reading. You guys are truly awesome!

Since all signs right now are that there is a lack of hard physical evidence, I think the trial will largely come down to 1) establishing that Brad's a jerk, and 2) proving he lied about his alibi. So far, we know he lied about cleaning the garage because he said he cleaned it on June 28, but the exterminator said it was still messy on July 8. If they can cast enough doubt on the phone calls, he's toast. I just wish they had figured out some way to talk to the oldest daughter. If she woke up in the morning and nobody was home, or she saw NC that morning - that would be the end.

They could have talked to her and she could have said that she saw her mom that morning wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts. Unfortunately with a 4 year old, you can't be sure of the accuracy of that statement. She might have seen her some morning while they were in Hilton Head in that outfit and imagined that it was that morning. Her father could have told her in all the time he was alone with her, "Remember when mommy came in your room this morning?" Bella may have offered up the imaginary outfit or Brad could have suggested it. It's impossible to tell but based on Brad's description of the morning events, Bella slept until 8:30.

I went there earlier today, but couldn't figure out how to access the videos from that site? So I've been listening from WRAL. Can anyone tell me how to find the depostions of Nancy's mother & father so I can listen to them when I'm done with Brad?

I watch the videos at WRAL but have the window here open with the deposition index so that I can jump to the specific place that I want to hear.

At 12:08:05 PM on the depo video (42:08 elapsed time on the slider) Brad stumbles and says "we try to PROVE that it can't happen" ... then catches himself and says, "we try to avoid it happening. It's not something a typical customer would ever try to do."

This is his answer to Stubbs asking, "Have you ever had an occasion to INITIATE a call from a remote location?"

They arrested Brad because they have enough evidence to prove he did it. Soon we will know what that evidence is.

That's been the point of contention in this case. She told them she saw her while she was still missing and they never followed up on that (as far as we know) at that time. We know for a fact they had nothing conclusive when she initially told them she saw her. I'll be very interested to hear JY's testimony when the defense asks why they didn't follow up with the eyewitness in the days that NC was still missing.

The most interesting piece of testimony we've heard as it pertains to how CPD went about their investigation is when Greer testified that he told the ME that she was last seen alive at 12AM, even though he knew the story BC had told LE.

VERY shaky.....almost like he was going to cry!!

I didn't get that impression at all. I felt like he was concerned more with how to explain the system without being too complex. He didn't seem upset at all.

They could have talked to her and she could have said that she saw her mom that morning wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts. Unfortunately with a 4 year old, you can't be sure of the accuracy of that statement. She might have seen her some morning while they were in Hilton Head in that outfit and imagined that it was that morning. Her father could have told her in all the time he was alone with her, "Remember when mommy came in your room this morning?" Bella may have offered up the imaginary outfit or Brad could have suggested it. It's impossible to tell but based on Brad's description of the morning events, Bella slept until 8:30.

I agree with what you said, but I am surprised that CPD at least didn't get a child counselor to at least follow up with the child. I would think of it more as due diligence than anything else.

So after watching the deposition there is one huge question that I would like to have answered.

He mentioned that he had replaced his home phone with the Cisco wireless IP Phones. Unless he was using a test network (which would have had a different phone extension) he had to have had a call manager (Cisco VoIP Server) installation at his house as well as some sort of gateway to the PSTN.

The big question is: You replaced your home phone with Cisco wireless IP Phones, what kind of equipment and software did you need to have in place to make that happen?

I didn't see that equipment in the evidence photos other than the wireless phone so where did that equipment go and when?

There was a Dell PowerEdge server in his home office. Would this be able to run the Cisco VOIP call manager software?

No doubt there will be some jurors swayed by Kurtz's controlled chaos on the technical evidence....VOIP and computers. Unless all of the jurors are tech savvy (doubtful), the deliberations may be continuous.

I don't see this as controlled chaos to sway jurors. He has already shown the incompetence of CPD in this case.

Kurtz said in his opening, the cigarette butt was found near the body and wasn't tested for DNA until one year later. - true

Nancy's cell phone - the CPD forensic expert (Todd Thomas) did nothing to try to retrieve the data from the phone, even though there were options available. He said it wasn't his responsibility. Nothing was done. This is a fact. He also failed to record or document anything he attempted to do with that phone, not one record.

Kurtz said there was no immediate follow up with the witnesses who claimed they saw her that morning jogging - CPD didn't follow up until 2-3 months later. That is a fact.

Kurtz claims he has proof CPD did something to the computer. He is going to put Jay Ward (computer security expert) on the stand to show how this was done. I think that will also be shown to be a fact.

Kurtz asked CC when she found out that NC was planning to paint at JA's house on the morning of the 12th, she said she found out the morning of the 11th. Yet JA said the plans weren't made until 5PM the evening of the 11th. Someone is not being truthful about the painting story. It was not even in JA's appointment book, yet she had swim lessons and a party for her kids beginning at 10:30AM that morning. It doesn't add up. NC told no one at the party that night she was planning to paint the next morning. Not one person.

Since the video depositions, and I have not gone back and watched them all, but when they were first done I had recently completed reading a book on Kinistetics. This is a study of the psychology of body language. There are people who are trained in this topic, and they can often serve as human lie detectors by reading the body language of the person being questioned.

You might have heard of some of the more common things. If you ask someone a question and they shift their eyes up and left it means they are trying to recall something. If they shift them another way, it means they are creating the image, so it likely never happened. There are other things as well.

One thing can rang out loud and clear to me was the way he was holding the pen during the depositions. He was fumbling and fidgeting with it a lot, and frequently holding it horizontally in front of him, which is a guarding/blocking signal. It indicated deception to me, and he almost never put it down.

I don't claim to be an expert in this area, but have read a bit about the subject, and find it interesting. :twocents:

There was a Dell PowerEdge server in his home office. Would this be able to run the Cisco VOIP call manager software?

The software could have run on any of the computers they found in the house as far as I can tell.

I thought there was an HP workstation found in the house. Was there a Dell found as well? Do you know where in the house it was?

Speaking of the phones, did anyone catch in Kurtz's opening that he said Cisco was not able to find one record of a call between 6-7AM in a worldwide data search that could have been the call in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14