State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Vegetation" is just "a blade of grass"? They found one blade of grass in the wheel well? :waitasec: For a brief moment there I thought he'd been trail riding.

Interesting. I think that Kurtz is looking somewhat inept at this point. I agree with an earlier characterization that he seems a bit desperate. He seems to be focusing on minor points that really don't have anything to do with JY's role in this case. MOO

Kurtz stated very clearly what his line of questioning was going toward. He is seeking to show that there was testimony given by Det. Young that was inconsistent and leads to questioning of the credibility of Det. Young as a witness.

He is now asking those questions.

HE said she told him it wasn't necessary. There is NO evidence she actually told him it wasn't necessary beyond his word. I believe the sworn testimony of witnesses who stated she was very upset and agitated that he had not given her the allowance outweigh the word of a man whose wife is dead and he is the prime suspect.

Why can't they all be telling the truth? I do believe she told her friends she was angry about the money, and that they are all telling the truth. But I also have no reason to doubt his version of the events. Why would he lie about this particular issue? If he is lying, that would mean pre-meditation. If it's pre-meditation, why not just give her the money so it doesn't become an issue like it has? If he knew he was going to kill her, he'd certainly be able to get the money back! :winko:

Interesting. I think that Kurtz is looking somewhat inept at this point. I agree with an earlier characterization that he seems a bit desperate. He seems to be focusing on minor points that really don't have anything to do with JY's role in this case. MOO

I think defense scored early when they got him to say he didn't know what routes he took to HT and the line about not knowing the martial status while she was missing. After that it's been a lot of objections, statements in the form of questions by kurtz, one word answers by the witness and lunch break.

It wasn't like it was a 'foreign' country, it was their country of origin. They are both Canadian citizens. That said, the fact that Nancy was trapped here, unable to work, is what bothers me the most. She had no way of making any money to leave him with the girls, like most of us U.S. citizens/mothers could. From everything I've read and heard, it was said the hold-up was on Brad's end, not filing the proper paperwork at Cisco Systems, to move her green card along. Had Nancy been allowed to find a job, work, earn money, she would have been able to find an apartment, move out with the girls, and continue on with her life as a separated/eventually divorced woman. JMO I'd feel horribly trapped if I couldn't find a way to earn money to support myself and my children. As it stands, we don't have any proof/evidence, that it was Nancy alone who was doing all the over-spending. We only have Brad's word, such as 'nancy wanting a diamond necklace'. Maybe Brad told her 'because I'm sorry I cheated with your best friend and I want to get this for you to show how sorry I am......' That would be far more believable IMO then any other. MOO's

There are currently about 20 million illegal aliens working in this country right now.

Kurtz stated very clearly what his line of questioning was going toward. He is seeking to show that there was testimony given by Det. Young that was inconsistent and leads to questioning of the credibility of Det. Young as a witness.

He is now asking those questions.

Did he? I thought he skipped over the "cell phone on her person" question.

RTPEngineer , it might help if you would view the opening statements and BC's interviews that are recorded. It would help to get a feel for the participants. Also, the part about suicide in your post? I don't think one could strangle themselves very easily. jmo
If a defense attorney asserts things in their opening statements that are misleading, not true, or said to make the victim look bad, in my mind, they had better back it up. It is not ok, imo, to just pull possibilities out of thin air. There is no reason for those things if your client is innocent, imo.
Too soon for me to be sure yet.

There are currently about 20 million illegal aliens working in this country right now.

Yeah, but they're (most likely) not working at Cisco or other legitimate companies NC would pursue for computer related employment. Most of the illegal aliens are either working under the table or with forged documents since employers have to send their paperwork to the govt for confirmation of SSN status and authorization to work.

I think defense scored early when they got him to say he didn't know what routes he took to HT and the line about not knowing the martial status while she was missing. After that it's been a lot of objections, statements in the form of questions by kurtz, one word answers by the witness and lunch break.

The only one that I noticed is that he changed his testimony regarding the "black dress". He did say that Brad asked if DD could help find the black dress and that's not what he said under direct.

Wow, his memory is really bad now. How do you not remember if you are the one that got the records from BJs or not?

What's your point? That if she really wanted to work she could do so illegally? I hardly think that would be her answer.

Wow, his memory is really bad now. How do you not remember if you are the one that got the records from BJs or not?

But like you said earlier, he was prepped in his testimony from the state prior. There are how many pieces of evidence? Like 300-400 so far. I mean, he can't remember everything. I do think it's not looking that good right now for JY. Came across as very confident on direct, but cross is another story.

Defense pointing out testimony regarding "love letter" being initially stated as being found on the kitchen table and then being pointed out that it was instead found in the closet of the home office

LOL, that was before the objection from the defense and the jury was sent out of the courtroom. When the jury came back the Zellinger did follow up and ask Det. Young where the letter was originally located.

Kurtz is really not pointing out anything that has not been said already. Plus he is not doing a very good job of it either.

He is not a very good cross examiner!
MOO of course (as someone that has watched a few trials in my life) :innocent:

Arrrrggggghhh - Soap Opera time Get On with it, Counselor!! I'm getting older and older. I can feel my hair & nails growing growing faster than this... :banghead:

Telling BC not to worry about bringing the money, and then complaining to all her friends, sounds like something a scorn spouse might do. Maybe she was testing him to see if he was really trying to improve in the marriage. I can hear him now rebutting her anger..."But honey, you told me not to worry about it!" :winko: Joking aside, I honestly don't think he pre-meditated the murder, so thought there was no sense in getting her the money.

Two answers here, one IIRC, I think her body was found around 3 miles from their residence.

As for the money, many of us are referring to the time frame of 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Why didn't Brad swing by the ATM on one of his trips to/from Harris Teeter? He was busy surfing the web, supposedly, yet he didn't get Nancy's allowance she wanted? He did all this cleaning to make her happy, laundry, but the one thing even Brad said 'nancy was pissed about was him not giving her, her allowance on Friday.' So why then, once the girls were up and fed, didn't Brad load 'em into the car and swing by the ATM? Why, on Brad's way to look for Nancy, didn't he get the allowance money? He never thought about getting her that allowance money because by that time he KNEW she was dead and wouldn't be needing it anymore. MOO. If I knew my husband was mad because I forgot to pick up his dry cleaning, I wouldn't be cleaning out his garage for him, I'd be high-tailing it to the cleaners to pick up his suits. Just a hypothetical to demonstrate the futility of trying to appease your angry spouse, but not attempting to do the thing they are most angry about.

It wasn't like it was a 'foreign' country, it was their country of origin. They are both Canadian citizens. That said, the fact that Nancy was trapped here, unable to work, is what bothers me the most. She had no way of making any money to leave him with the girls, like most of us U.S. citizens/mothers could. From everything I've read and heard, it was said the hold-up was on Brad's end, not filing the proper paperwork at Cisco Systems, to move her green card along. Had Nancy been allowed to find a job, work, earn money, she would have been able to find an apartment, move out with the girls, and continue on with her life as a separated/eventually divorced woman. JMO I'd feel horribly trapped if I couldn't find a way to earn money to support myself and my children. As it stands, we don't have any proof/evidence, that it was Nancy alone who was doing all the over-spending. We only have Brad's word, such as 'nancy wanting a diamond necklace'. Maybe Brad told her 'because I'm sorry I cheated with your best friend and I want to get this for you to show how sorry I am......' That would be far more believable IMO then any other. MOO's

That's a great point, and something I hadn't realized. Now I know what people mean by "trapped". So maybe he was doing everything he could for her at Cisco, maybe he wasn't. I understand why people would consider this a 'controlling' behavior. I do know a lot of people that try to get citizenship, and it is one long, laborious, frustrating process...would be interesting to know how proactive BC was with that. Especially, given that BC taking steps to make this happen for NC, moves him closer to his kids moving out of the house. Had to be a tough situation, and one that I might drag my feet on as well.

I find it absolutely dumbfounding that anyone could not see that Brad was a controlling person. That he made disparaging remarks about his murdered wife. That he lied about things. That some things can't be explained away. Absolutely dumbfounding that anyone would see JA as meddling because she had the intuition to report Nancy missing. That people think CPD had no right to suspect Brad before it was proven he was guilty in a court of law. That they would care less about apprehending a real murderer than they did about their own reputation. Absolutely dumbfounding that people think that CPD has nothing and that we have more lack of evidence than they have evidence. Someone murdered that young woman and just about everything points to Brad, but people think we're dealing with Keystone cops here who would have not thought of every theory people could come up with. We're the amateurs here, folks. I guess I'm just all - around dumbfounded that anyone would not see ANYthing to incriminate Brad.

Or maybe, I'm just dumb!!!

What's your point? That if she really wanted to work she could do so illegally? I hardly think that would be her answer.

My point is that it's hard to make the argument that anyone in this country should feel they are unable to get a job over a green card issue when we have 20 million people doing it right now. Many places don't even request proof of citizenship anymore or there would be way less illegal immigrants working here. The banks even give them accounts, mortgages and car loans w/o citizenship doc. Just saying.

I find it absolutely dumbfounding that anyone could not see that Brad was a controlling person. That he made disparaging remarks about his murdered wife. That he lied about things. That some things can't be explained away. Absolutely dumbfounding that anyone would see JA as meddling because she had the intuition to report Nancy missing. That people think CPD had no right to suspect Brad before it was proven he was guilty in a court of law. That they would care less about apprehending a real murderer than they did about their own reputation. Absolutely dumbfounding that people think that CPD has nothing and that we have more lack of evidence than they have evidence. Someone murdered that young woman and just about everything points to Brad, but people think we're dealing with Keystone cops here who would have not thought of every theory people could come up with. We're the amateurs here, folks. I guess I'm just all - around dumbfounded that anyone would not see ANYthing to incriminate Brad.

Or maybe, I'm just dumb!!!

Just a general question, but do you believe everyone the state (any state) prosecutes is guilty? Do you believe their are innocent people in jail right now?

I ask because sometimes the pros get it wrong too (not saying that's the case here, just saying in general).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14