State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy probably could have gotten a job illegally, but would it be a job that paid enough to cover the daycare costs that they would incur if she did? She probably wanted to work at a job that challenged her, that she was educated for, and that paid enough to make it worth while.

I think she was supposed to get alimony and child support, right?

What is the status of the cooper home. He has been in jail all this time. Is the house under police hold ?

He's been in jail awaiting this trail since he was arrested in 08.
The house was subsequently sold.

My point is that it's hard to make the argument that anyone in this country should feel they are unable to get a job over a green card issue when we have 20 million people doing it right now. Many places don't even request proof of citizenship anymore or there would be way less illegal immigrants working here. The banks even give them accounts, mortgages and car loans w/o citizenship doc. Just saying.

Nancy was a professional, not a house painter or migrant worker or dishwasher. When you fill out an application you are required to show proof of ability to work in this country. No green card, no work.

It is totally irrelevant what 20 million other people decided to do with their lives, relating to Nancy Cooper not being able to work in the United States before she was murdered.

I think it is relevant if we are talking about her feeling trapped over inability to work. Plus she was already working on child support and alimony but she could have found temporary work until the official separation occurred.

But like you said earlier, he was prepped in his testimony from the state prior. There are how many pieces of evidence? Like 300-400 so far. I mean, he can't remember everything. I do think it's not looking that good right now for JY. Came across as very confident on direct, but cross is another story.

Kurtz seems to give statements and expect JY to respond with yes/no. It's odd.

I will try to find time for viewing the recordings. Regarding my mention of suicide, I was simply itemizing a few ways people die unnaturally, specifically I said "no possibility of a suicide". I didn't intend to imply that I'm thinking NC may have strangled herself.

If you really want a thorough background, WRAL has all of this trial video, the depositions, and various other items on their website. I have googled others. Since this trial began, I have spent probably 12 hours or more watching and reading affidavits and depositions, etc. just so I would have a handle on the things that went on (like the depositions) before this trial started. The child custody depositions are very interesting.

I'm one of those people who think the prosecution has not proven their case...yet. So far I've seen evidence of two people in a bad marriage, including financial issues and infidelity.

I do think it is possible BC is guilty, but am disappointed they are trying him on such weak evidence. I think our Our DA is known for only arresting when a case can be proven, so this does seem like a rush to arrest. Thus far, based on the evidence, I think it's just as likely a stranger killed NC.

Of course, the prosecution isn't done with their case yet.

I agreee that the evidence (so far) is not enough for a conviction. I haven't seen anything to indicate a stranger killed her. There is more evidence against BC than any unknown. MOO

Anyone get the impression that although Kurtz is the lead attorney, Trenkle is pulling the strings?

I know! He is so often not presenting his stuff in the form of a question. It's making it difficult for Det. Young to respond accurately--or even at all-- and it's confusing me.
I think I'm going to see if I can find background info on Kurtz.....something like a win/loss stat such as ball teams use.

I'm one of those people who think the prosecution has not proven their case...yet. So far I've seen evidence of two people in a bad marriage, including financial issues and infidelity.

I do think it is possible BC is guilty, but am disappointed they are trying him on such weak evidence. I think our Our DA is known for only arresting when a case can be proven, so this does seem like a rush to arrest. Thus far, based on the evidence, I think it's just as likely a stranger killed NC.

Of course, the prosecution isn't done with their case yet.

All I can say at this point is "Be Patient Grasshopper"..all in due time..I agree however, Trial processes can be tedious..as ALL evidence has to be introduced, timelines, costodial records, etc..before the Meat can ever be tetified to..Ala Expert's annalysis of said items..So It's a hurry up and wait situation..Boring for us watchers :banghead:..but necessary in the Court of Law :seeya:

That's a great point, and something I hadn't realized. Now I know what people mean by "trapped". So maybe he was doing everything he could for her at Cisco, maybe he wasn't. I understand why people would consider this a 'controlling' behavior. I do know a lot of people that try to get citizenship, and it is one long, laborious, frustrating process...would be interesting to know how proactive BC was with that. Especially, given that BC taking steps to make this happen for NC, moves him closer to his kids moving out of the house. Had to be a tough situation, and one that I might drag my feet on as well.

From what I understand, Nancy had been asking him to help her get work papers for years, since shortly after they moved here. Not knowing anything about international matters, but I do think companies such as Cisco Systems, have ways of moving processes along. I know if there was something of an important nature, the company my husband worked for had 'connections' they could use to assist.

I think it is relevant if we are talking about her feeling trapped over inability to work. Plus she was already working on child support and alimony but she could have found temporary work until the official separation occurred.

Temporary work where? As a maid in a local low rent hotel? She'd still incur daycare costs. Why would she want to do that? She was already doing painting for friends where she could take along the children. Until the separation/divorce was final, he's still giving her that three hundred dollars a week.

It's not odd, it's smart. It reduces the chance the witness will go off on a tangent that you aren't prepared for.

Anyone get the impression that although Kurtz is the lead attorney, Trenkle is pulling the strings?

This is twice or three times today Trenkle has had to argue to the judge on Kurtz's behalf.

I agreee that the evidence (so far) is not enough for a conviction. I haven't seen anything to indicate a stranger killed her. There is more evidence against BC than any unknown. MOO

The prosecution certainly wouldn't put forth evidence that someone else did this. It is still the prosecutions case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry