State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently about 20 million illegal aliens working in this country right now.

And this has *what* to do with this case? Perhaps she could have gotten a job as a migrant worker or live in housekeeper?

My point is that it's hard to make the argument that anyone in this country should feel they are unable to get a job over a green card issue when we have 20 million people doing it right now. Many places don't even request proof of citizenship anymore or there would be way less illegal immigrants working here. The banks even give them accounts, mortgages and car loans w/o citizenship doc. Just saying.

I - 9 isn't that what this is for????

Interesting. I think that Kurtz is looking somewhat inept at this point. I agree with an earlier characterization that he seems a bit desperate. He seems to be focusing on minor points that really don't have anything to do with JY's role in this case. MOO

Kurtz appears to be a nice and courteous man. I don't know his trial background.....I wonder if he feels he's in over his head with this case? At least he's not dragging things out like Cummings did, thank goodness.
Did I read that he's being provided to BC's defense by way of our tax dollars?

Are these guys, as trained police officers, instructed to substitute "myself" for the more common "I"? There's a lot of "Det. Fife and myself did something." And it's awkward sounding to my southern ears. It's rare that "myself" pours forth from my lips.

My point is that it's hard to make the argument that anyone in this country should feel they are unable to get a job over a green card issue when we have 20 million people doing it right now. Many places don't even request proof of citizenship anymore or there would be way less illegal immigrants working here. The banks even give them accounts, mortgages and car loans w/o citizenship doc. Just saying.

Nancy probably could have gotten a job illegally, but would it be a job that paid enough to cover the daycare costs that they would incur if she did? She probably wanted to work at a job that challenged her, that she was educated for, and that paid enough to make it worth while.

Two answers here, one IIRC, I think her body was found around 3 miles from their residence.

As for the money, many of us are referring to the time frame of 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Why didn't Brad swing by the ATM on one of his trips to/from Harris Teeter? He was busy surfing the web, supposedly, yet he didn't get Nancy's allowance she wanted? He did all this cleaning to make her happy, laundry, but the one thing even Brad said 'nancy was pissed about was him not giving her, her allowance on Friday.' So why then, once the girls were up and fed, didn't Brad load 'em into the car and swing by the ATM? Why, on Brad's way to look for Nancy, didn't he get the allowance money? He never thought about getting her that allowance money because by that time he KNEW she was dead and wouldn't be needing it anymore. MOO. If I knew my husband was mad because I forgot to pick up his dry cleaning, I wouldn't be cleaning out his garage for him, I'd be high-tailing it to the cleaners to pick up his suits. Just a hypothetical to demonstrate the futility of trying to appease your angry spouse, but not attempting to do the thing they are most angry about.

Very good. If she was angry when he got home, he knew he should have gotten her the money. Should have done it Saturday morning, and could have easily done it at HT. That makes sense. And is actually the first thing I've heard that I can't reconcile (in terms of thinking like an innocent Brad).

Det. Young testisfies that the child did ask for green juice when she saw it in stores and was given green juice to drink on those occasions

Have mercy, now the judge is having to clarify Kurtz's questions from the bench even before the ADA objects.

So Bella did drink Green Juice and would request it if she saw it in a store. I guess there goes the "Bella only drinks Juicy Juice" comments.

Kurtz appears to be a nice and courteous man. I don't know his trial background.....I wonder if he feels he's in over his head with this case? At least he's not dragging things out like Cummings did, thank goodness.

BBM

That's what I recall.

Yes he is being paid to defend as a public defender.

There are currently about 20 million illegal aliens working in this country right now.

It is totally irrelevant what 20 million other people decided to do with their lives, relating to Nancy Cooper not being able to work in the United States before she was murdered.

Is it just me or is Kurtz being very confusing regarding the detergent??..I think the initial interest was to compare it to what he bought??..No more no less..It does appear he is only trying to make Det. McDreamy evasive..but its falling like a leaky balloon...Yikes these guys had so much to do, leads to follow, ruling out suspicions being alleged, and I dont think sending 20 minutes+ on detergent is really helpful for Defense...Sorry I just dont get it other than Defense usual smoke and mirrors..

Kurtz seems to go from things he knew then..then what he knows now..then what he knew both times..however, all things he knew or later found out arent relevent to whatever facts JY testified to..Just the facts MAAAAMM
Whatever the group theories were was only that..they were trying to investigate and rule out the obvious...a hubby who was the last person to see her, and did NOT call in a missing person report..and as time rolled on Motives became apparant...history of discourse etc...(Divorce Proceedings ongoing)..So yes, Detectives ( all of them) would be negligent by NOT ruling Brad out!! especially after Nancy was found not far from home :twocents:

I say this in above statement as it has been shown that Domestic Violence is more common than not..Domestic partner is always the First suspect:maddening:

What is the status of the cooper home. He has been in jail all this time. Is the house under police hold ?

RTPEngineer , it might help if you would view the opening statements and BC's interviews that are recorded. It would help to get a feel for the participants. Also, the part about suicide in your post? I don't think one could strangle themselves very easily. jmo
If a defense attorney asserts things in their opening statements that are misleading, not true, or said to make the victim look bad, in my mind, they had better back it up. It is not ok, imo, to just pull possibilities out of thin air. There is no reason for those things if your client is innocent, imo.
Too soon for me to be sure yet.

I will try to find time for viewing the recordings. Regarding my mention of suicide, I was simply itemizing a few ways people die unnaturally, specifically I said "no possibility of a suicide". I didn't intend to imply that I'm thinking NC may have strangled herself.

I find it absolutely dumbfounding that anyone could not see that Brad was a controlling person. That he made disparaging remarks about his murdered wife. That he lied about things. That some things can't be explained away. Absolutely dumbfounding that anyone would see JA as meddling because she had the intuition to report Nancy missing. That people think CPD had no right to suspect Brad before it was proven he was guilty in a court of law. That they would care less about apprehending a real murderer than they did about their own reputation. Absolutely dumbfounding that people think that CPD has nothing and that we have more lack of evidence than they have evidence. Someone murdered that young woman and just about everything points to Brad, but people think we're dealing with Keystone cops here who would have not thought of every theory people could come up with. We're the amateurs here, folks. I guess I'm just all - around dumbfounded that anyone would not see ANYthing to incriminate Brad.

Or maybe, I'm just dumb!!!

I'm one of those people who think the prosecution has not proven their case...yet. So far I've seen evidence of two people in a bad marriage, including financial issues and infidelity.

I do think it is possible BC is guilty, but am disappointed they are trying him on such weak evidence. I think our Our DA is known for only arresting when a case can be proven, so this does seem like a rush to arrest. Thus far, based on the evidence, I think it's just as likely a stranger killed NC.

Of course, the prosecution isn't done with their case yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14