State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before I scoot for a bit..I think Defense rethought their asking Det. JY about that search warrant there was such a cuffle over...etc..they seemed to have moved past it..after the judge advised them they would be opeing the door for full disclosure of it :waitasec: Wonder what JY used as probable cause to get that particular search warrent??..NOW..I want to know :floorlaugh:

It was the witness statements from Krista and others. It would have allowed their statements into evidence without being cross examined. That's why the defense moved on. Not because they were afraid of what was being said since the prosecution could bring that out anyways. But they wouldn't be able to cross examine those witnesses on what was said.

Just before I scoot for a bit..I think Defense rethought their asking Det. JY about that search warrant there was such a cuffle over...etc..they seemed to have moved past it..after the judge advised them they would be opeing the door for full disclosure of it :waitasec: Wonder what JY used as probable cause to get that particular search warrent??..NOW..I want to know :floorlaugh:

I noticed they moved on after that too, and wondered if it's because they decided not to go there or if they decided to end the day with something else to give them time to look over everything that was contained in that document tonight before deciding what to do.

Here is the link to the document

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...8,_search_warrant_for_104_Wallsburg_Court.pdf

Scroll down to about page 9 of 14. (It is a pdf document.)

Okay, having listened to the post 3:00 (part 5) testimony, I too have become aggravated at Kurtz's failure to actually ask questions instead of making statements that end on the "up note". Simply reverse the subject verb order to make an inquiry instead of a statement.

Because he was super smart in the stuff he did to hide the crime and super dumb in the stuff he didn't do (or did do) that appears to be sloppy. So he switched back and forth between super smart and super dumb.

:lol: I was hoping for a more thoughtful discussion, but the Guilty contingent must be just as confused on this point as we are. I would appreciate some speculation on how people thought BC so erratically dumped the body...something besides 'he was in a hurry'.

Has anyone tried to map out the timing for that evening if BC did it? Would he have been in a hurry? I'm thinking he would have had plenty of time...making this up off the top of my head: She comes home at 12:30. 30 minutes for a serious argument. 10 minutes to kill her and collect his thoughts. Straighten up the crime scene in 10 minutes. Google for a reasonable dump site 10 minutes. Drive there 5 minutes. Undress, dump, and position body 15 minutes. Drive home 5 minutes. Dispose of supplies/incriminating evidence 15 minutes. Research phone spoofing 15 minutes. It's not even 2:30 am yet. Plenty of time to figure out his alibi, and get ready for driving to HT at 6:15. Maybe if he would have scheduled out his plan, he would have realized he had much more time available to rethink how to properly dump the body to make it look like someone else did it, how to dispose of the shoes (and not wear them into HT), that he should get that allowance from the ATM.

I'm sorry, as I am trying to look at this from both sides, but I'm just not seeing how he was so good in some areas, and so bad in others.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/loca...8,_search_warrant_for_104_Wallsburg_Court.pdf

Yikes..OMG..Thankyou Cheyenne..it is not a wonder Defense didnt want this S/W opened up to the jury...I could not believe what info these investigators were working on at the time..and yes..I do not blame them for being suspicious.....Much of what her firends spoke to is what they understood from Nancy...and other things that Brad said..It must have been very overwhelming to try and sort out fact from fiction from either side of the coin:fence:

Bottomline was..missing women, report to police by friend not husband..activities as told by hubby didnt add up...and accusations by family and friends can not be overlooked either....

All I can say is wow!! and Thanks again:seeya: You are the best!!

Ahhh, thanks MountE, so if the floor was wet and they were quite muddy, that would have left a footprint, which I couldn't see, even though there is indeed a glare...

There is no way to prove it, but I'll bet the night crew mops that floor when they go in "night mode" and those cones stay there all night. Just because there is a cone does NOT mean the floor is wet. In fact, I would bet those cones are a permanent fixture.

It looks like Detective Young lied in his search warrant affidavit. It says in the document "A spare key to the 2004 BMW X5 motor vehicle was secured within the motor vehicle along with 'important personal documents' of Nancy Cooper, which included the passport of Nancy Lynn Cooper and documents pertaining to the divorce of Nancy and Brad Cooper."

The detective said under cross examination today that Nancy's passport was found in a box in the master bedroom, not her vehicle. And he verified it was her "current passport".

:lol: I was hoping for a more thoughtful discussion, but the Guilty contingent must be just as confused on this point as we are. I would appreciate some speculation on how people thought BC so erratically dumped the body...something besides 'he was in a hurry'.

Has anyone tried to map out the timing for that evening if BC did it? Would he have been in a hurry? I'm thinking he would have had plenty of time...making this up off the top of my head: She comes home at 12:30. 30 minutes for a serious argument. 10 minutes to kill her and collect his thoughts. Straighten up the crime scene in 10 minutes. Google for a reasonable dump site 10 minutes. Drive there 5 minutes. Undress, dump, and position body 15 minutes. Drive home 5 minutes. Dispose of supplies/incriminating evidence 15 minutes. Research phone spoofing 15 minutes. It's not even 2:30 am yet. Plenty of time to figure out his alibi, and get ready for driving to HT at 6:15. Maybe if he would have scheduled out his plan, he would have realized he had much more time available to rethink how to properly dump the body to make it look like someone else did it, how to dispose of the shoes (and not wear them into HT), that he should get that allowance from the ATM.

I'm sorry, as I am trying to look at this from both sides, but I'm just not seeing how he was so good in some areas, and so bad in others.

I am one of those that only see guilt here..and agree forensic still needs to come in and Im not speaking about DNA as these two did live together..Its the computer stuff that the defense has worked so hard from being admitted leads me to believe there is something very incriminating??!!

But as in my personal opinion..Brad strangled Nancy at the home while she slept..and transported the body during the night..and my best observation of his trips to HT was his sense of urgency..and I say why?? Because the kids were sleeping and he needed to get back before they awoke..JMO

The stuff about kids waking up during night is all Brad's story..4AM etc..but he was using phone for whatevers at 230ish..hummm??..Not fitting into his story...

Its just my view given what I have heard and read..and do agree as a circumstantial case we all have to wait for all the pieces of the puzzle to be put into place..No AHAA HAA moments yet...We have to be patient..

Some like to work from defense end..believing whatever they say..then some like to take the pros. view point and look for validations of it...Bottomline..It will be the jury who will decide..:seeya:

So what was BC trying to do with her to avoid being suspected of the murder? If he planned/covered up/cleaned everything else so perfectly, with the phone calls, the alibi, the clean garage/car/dress/etc. Why be so sloppy with the body? Wouldn't he be trying to setup the scene so it looked like someone else? He would know without semen it wouldn't look like a sexual assault. He would know with earrings that it wouldn't look like a robbery. What could he have been thinking? I'm not asking rhetorically, honestly looking for plausible answers.

If he was so smart, he wouldn't have killed her.

It looks like Detective Young lied in his search warrant affidavit. It says in the document "A spare key to the 2004 BMW X5 motor vehicle was secured within the motor vehicle along with 'important personal documents' of Nancy Cooper, which included the passport of Nancy Lynn Cooper and documents pertaining to the divorce of Nancy and Brad Cooper."

The detective said under cross examination today that Nancy's passport was found in a box in the master bedroom, not her vehicle. And he verified it was her "current passport".

That search warant also inducates that the interior of the vehicle was not vacuumed, only the trunk. Lots of arguments on here about him cleaning the interior of the vehicle.

How was this a lie?? He testified where it was found..the affidavit only outlined Nancy's usual practice (per statement obtained by interviews with her closest friends)

Why couldnt Brad have retrieved those items from the car once Nancy was out of the picture and brought them into the house?..How would he know others knew she kept these items there?? He wouldnt...So no lies there on Det.McDreamy's part..

Big difference on what he was told and what or where things were found...
Course that JMOO

We've worked around the time frames for every way the murder could have happened. Just after NC returned from the party around midnight, at 4:30 when the baby supposedly awoke, around 6am to include the trips to HT. I am not sure which I most firmly believe because there are pros and cons to the time lines of nearly everything that's been tossed about. I think I lean more toward their having a huge argument just after Nancy returned from the party which got totally out of control and he killed her then.....which still may not have occurred until 2am or even 4:30am, depending on how long they argued. They had been in 'hate mode' on the Friday before, she had not been given her allowance, she had consumed several alcoholic beverages at the party, etc. There is testimony about the times involved in traveling from their home to the dump site, to Harris Teeter, etc. It's a lot to absorb, with very little actual evidence of anything, and even less pointing to Brad at this point in time. But the irregular issues that have been brought out and testified to points to him in the most guilty way.

How was this a lie?? He testified where it was found..the affidavit only outlined Nancy's usual practice (per statement obtained by interviews with her closest friends)

Why couldnt Brad have retrieved those items from the car once Nancy was out of the picture and brought them into the house?..How would he know others knew she kept these items there?? He wouldnt...So no lies there on Det.McDreamy's part..

Course that JMOO

I do believe those documents were the ones found in her bedroom closet by the detectives which I speculated that I thought Brad removed from her car before LE got involved in their search. However, with so many law enforcement officers involved in looking for evidence I can see how easy it could have been to state something came from a place that it actually didn't come from. Like all of the smaller pieces of paper, including the 'love notes' that they collected from Brad's closet and computer area....they were all brought down and placed on the kitchen table to be entered into evidence. I can see that it would be easy to mistake where something came from. I would be very hesitant to say he lied--although the facts prove him wrong--but that he simply made a mistake. I Just my most humble opinion, and I am extremely tired, so my thinking may be skewed.

That search warant also inducates that the interior of the vehicle was not vacuumed, only the trunk. Lots of arguments on here about him cleaning the interior of the vehicle.

I don't recall arguments about him cleaning the car interior. I think there was reference to cleaning out Nancy's vehicle interior and whether that was believable or not but I don't recall concerning the interior of Brad's vehicle.

Did I miss it?

I noticed that too and it sent up a big red flag for me.

I thought he stated what he had been told by others. The issue that Kurtz was trying to bring up is that he stated that she always carried her cell phone. Her running partner CC testified during this trial that she did not carry her cell phone when she ran.

I don't recall arguments about him cleaning the car interior. I think there was reference to cleaning out Nancy's vehicle interior and whether that was believable or not but I don't recall concerning the interior of Brad's vehicle.

Did I miss it?

No, you are right. But the issue was the totally thorough cleaning of his trunk (with nobody able to smell the so-called spilled gas) and then his not cleaning the interior too. It doesn't make much sense that he would so meticulously clean the trunk, for no obvious reason, and not to clean the interior at the same time.

Course that JMOO

I read that to be him saying they already retrieved the passport, key, and other documents from the car. This search warrant wasn't for the contents of the car.

And @ 2:32am he was doing something involving data. I still think shoes were dumped in the HT dumpster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member