State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall arguments about him cleaning the car interior. I think there was reference to cleaning out Nancy's vehicle interior and whether that was believable or not but I don't recall concerning the interior of Brad's vehicle.

Did I miss it?

One poster on here kept insisting that he cleaned the inside of his car because they didn't find any trace evidence in it...and that made him look even more guilty (the fact that they didn't find trace evidence inside the car).

I don't recall arguments about him cleaning the car interior. I think there was reference to cleaning out Nancy's vehicle interior and whether that was believable or not but I don't recall concerning the interior of Brad's vehicle.

Did I miss it?

With your comment about Brad cleaning out Nancy's car before she went for her VACA with her folks (Brad's story??) etc....Something just struck me!!..IF Nancy indeed keep confidential files and papers in her car..locked up and took precautions to secure them (as per friends statement)..WHY oh why would Nancy ever demand that BRAD clean her car includig removing seats??? etc...Sorry..A Contentious divorce..inability to agree to children custody..inability to support herelf..geesh I could go on..and her feelings of distrust about Brad..I doubt very much she would demand Brad clean out her car????? Huge query...Brad should be glad Im not on his jury..just too many inconsistency...and I have personally been thru just such a contentious divorce with my bestest galfriend..and worried constantly about her safety as well..No way no how would Nancy allow Brad access to her car interior..Nope NO WAY!! IMO of course:twocents:

If he was so smart, he wouldn't have killed her.

So your answer to my questions is that he isn't smart? Smart enough to spoof the phone, and execute an alibi...cover up his murder half way, but not cover up the dump scene. Ok........I'm not buying that. The dump scene should have been the most important aspect of his cover up.

Or are you being snarky?

For those that think he is guilty, and assume that he is lying about everything, can you honestly paint a reasonably logical, and technically possible chain of events of what BC did that evening? Ok, a killer is not really logical...but at least his thought process should be consistent throughout the night. Why cover up some parts of the murder, but not others?

Is the sheet that they keep talking about in the testimony by the forensic folks an ME sheet or a sheet found at the dump site?

That is just a silly question (by Kurtz) ... the shoes would need to be analyzed to determine whether mud was present on the shoes or not.

What happened to the shoes BC had on for the first HT trip? HT dumpster perhaps?

And @ 2:32am he was doing something involving data. I still think shoes were dumped in the HT dumpster.

At 2:32 a.m. his phone was doing something with data. That doesn't mean that he was doing it. My phone does updates and backups while I'm sleeping. (The darn thing is so smart!) I never turn it off but I do turn off the ringer at night.

And @ 2:32am he was doing something involving data. I still think shoes were dumped in the HT dumpster.

I had in my timeline a chunk of time for googling for dump site. Is that what you think this is? I would think googling for a dump site would take longer than one minute @2:32. Would we know if the "data" transfer was happening over a period of several minutes? Or do we know that that is not the case? Do we know how much data? That does seem odd from an 'innocent' perspective...did he receive a push email at that time (or any other automated data transfer)? But even from a 'guilty' perspective, what could he have accomplished in that amount of time/data?

Is the sheet that they keep talking about in the testimony by the forensic folks an ME sheet or a sheet found at the dump site?

I think there are multiple sheets. 1 Sheet from the transport to the ME and another sheet from a bed in the Cooper home.

I think there are multiple sheets. 1 Sheet from the transport to the ME and another sheet from a bed in the Cooper home.

I just realized that Jonathan Macy from the SBI specifically says the sheet found with the body.

I just realized that Jonathan Macy from the SBI specifically says the sheet found with the body.

I don't think so. I understood that they threw a sheet over the body. There was another sheet that was used to transport the body. I'm not positive but I don't believe there was any sheet found with the body.

At 2:32 a.m. his phone was doing something with data. That doesn't mean that he was doing it. My phone does updates and backups while I'm sleeping. (The darn thing is so smart!) I never turn it off but I do turn off the ringer at night.

I think this is where the Puter Expert will sort out..I am sure Brad's phone, his home computer and whatever else they took from his office will sort it out..Of course simple 'splanation would be updating..LOL..BUT the proof will be when the expert testifies..I just ant wait for this testimony :banghead:

I don't think so. I understood that they threw a sheet over the body. There was another sheet that was used to transport the body. I'm not positive but I don't believe there was any sheet found with the body.

That is what I remember as well.

I think this is where the Puter Expert will sort out..I am sure Brad's phone, his home computer and whatever else they took from his office will sort it out..Of course simple 'splanation would be updating..LOL..BUT the proof will be when the expert testifies..I just ant wait for this testimony :banghead:

I don't have any notes or reference but I thought there was a brief mention of the early morning data activity on the phone happening on a regular basis and not just that morning.

So what was BC trying to do with her to avoid being suspected of the murder? If he planned/covered up/cleaned everything else so perfectly, with the phone calls, the alibi, the clean garage/car/dress/etc. Why be so sloppy with the body? Wouldn't he be trying to setup the scene so it looked like someone else? He would know without semen it wouldn't look like a sexual assault. He would know with earrings that it wouldn't look like a robbery. What could he have been thinking? I'm not asking rhetorically, honestly looking for plausible answers.

So either BC did not think everything through or someone did a hell of a job framing him.

So your answer to my questions is that he isn't smart? Smart enough to spoof the phone, and execute an alibi...cover up his murder half way, but not cover up the dump scene. Ok........I'm not buying that. The dump scene should have been the most important aspect of his cover up.

Or are you being snarky?

For those that think he is guilty, and assume that he is lying about everything, can you honestly paint a reasonably logical, and technically possible chain of events of what BC did that evening? Ok, a killer is not really logical...but at least his thought process should be consistent throughout the night. Why cover up some parts of the murder, but not others?

I think he thought he *had* cleaned up everything that would lead LE back to him. The house, whatever techie things he did to spoof the calls, etc. He even had the forethought to invent the two phone calls from Nancy that led him to the HT. The dump site was just that--and perhaps all he had time for. From the pictures offered, it was somewhat isolated and I am thinking a Google search on one of his computers will show evidence of his knowledge of that particular place. I have to believe that he wanted it to appear a dump site that anybody could have used. The fact that she was still wearing her diamond earrings when her body was discovered, and nothing else except the running bra, just hits me hard. I feel a stranger would have taken an extra moment to steal her earrings. Brad didn't care about the earrings at that moment in time--he just wanted to be rid of her body and get back into his house to make everything appear 'normal'.

I'm not remembering a sheet that was found with the body either but I may be wrong. I do remember the testimony about the sheet LE/ME used to cover her after she was discovered and transported.

No. The sheet was used to cover her body after it was discovered. It was transported with the body to the ME in case there was trace evidence on it from touching her body.

Or are you being snarky?

I agree, a murderer would not be thinking logically.

I've never murdered anyone but I would suggest that he wouldn't be thinking clearly right after the murder with respect to the dump. There'd be a bit of an adrenline rush going on there I would think.

:lol: I was hoping for a more thoughtful discussion, but the Guilty contingent must be just as confused on this point as we are. I would appreciate some speculation on how people thought BC so erratically dumped the body...something besides 'he was in a hurry'.

Has anyone tried to map out the timing for that evening if BC did it? Would he have been in a hurry? I'm thinking he would have had plenty of time...making this up off the top of my head: She comes home at 12:30. 30 minutes for a serious argument. 10 minutes to kill her and collect his thoughts. Straighten up the crime scene in 10 minutes. Google for a reasonable dump site 10 minutes. Drive there 5 minutes. Undress, dump, and position body 15 minutes. Drive home 5 minutes. Dispose of supplies/incriminating evidence 15 minutes. Research phone spoofing 15 minutes. It's not even 2:30 am yet. Plenty of time to figure out his alibi, and get ready for driving to HT at 6:15. Maybe if he would have scheduled out his plan, he would have realized he had much more time available to rethink how to properly dump the body to make it look like someone else did it, how to dispose of the shoes (and not wear them into HT), that he should get that allowance from the ATM.

I'm sorry, as I am trying to look at this from both sides, but I'm just not seeing how he was so good in some areas, and so bad in others.

Has anyone tried to map out the timing??? You're kidding, right?

You have a lot of back reading to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member