State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is where the Puter Expert will sort out..I am sure Brad's phone, his home computer and whatever else they took from his office will sort it out..Of course simple 'splanation would be updating..LOL..BUT the proof will be when the expert testifies..I just ant wait for this testimony :banghead:

This is starting to resemble my life as a State fan. We're big on wait until next year. But that next year where things actually change never seems to occur. In fact, I keep hoping next year goes ahead and gets here before I die so I can enjoy being a State fan. That's what this case feels like. We're 3 weeks into it with practically no damning evidence.

So either BC did not think everything through or someone did a hell of a job framing him.

Not really. Framing him would involve physical (not talking computer evidence here) evidence being planted. There wasn't any physical evidence connecting him to the murder...at least none that has been presented yet.

This is starting to resemble my life as a State fan. We're big on wait until next year. But that next year where things actually change never seems to occur. In fact, I keep hoping next year goes ahead and gets here before I die so I can enjoy being a State fan. That's what this case feels like. We're 3 weeks into it with practically no damning evidence.

This made me laugh as it is so true!

8000 painting for one. I believe there was some jewelry in there as well.

I'm not saying he didn't buy anything, but she wasn't living on bread and water the whole time she lived in that house.

The problem that I have with putting the blame on NC for these luxurious purchases is that BC had every right to return the items. Maybe not the painting, but certainly other items that led to their debt could have been controlled if BC simply returned them. So their financial hardships, in my mind, is a WE situation and not a HIM or HER.

Has anyone tried to map out the timing??? You're kidding, right?

You have a lot of back reading to do.

No, not kidding. Do you have any links to what you are referring to? I am referring to the timing of what Brad did that night if he killed her, assuming he has lied about everything. I know it would all be speculation in between what we know for fact. If I'm not mistaken, we only know NC left the party somewhere around midnight. We assume she went home...do we know that for fact if we don't trust a word Brad says? The next timestamp we absolutely know is BC showing up at HT around 6:15. That's a lot of time in between. Am I missing any known timestamp/location of Brad in between? Do we really think he would have been in a hurry to dump her? Panicked - yes. So perhaps he was really sloppy with the dump. It's just not making sense to me.

Ahhh, thanks MountE, so if the floor was wet and they were quite muddy, that would have left a footprint, which I couldn't see, even though there is indeed a glare...

I don't believe the floor was wet, it does look waxed.

Patience Grasshopper~~

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/2abeb6b7-d3a3-44ca-8111-a11c6072b62c.jpg

Hope this works..have an aweful time posting pics..LOL
The jury will decide on whatever comes into evidence,,We can yak all we want..but in the end,,Its up to 12 Juror to decide on the value of evidence..not us guys "-)

He's coming across as extremely biased. We know he is because he investigated the case, and I don't blame him for that. But he should be impartial on the stand. And don't offer an opinion on a video for the prosecution if you aren't willing to do that for the defense. The video quality didn't change.

ncsu95 you are quite incompetent as an electrical engineer and the reason your company is not succeeding is because of your lack of comprehensive work.

Now, I imagine that human nature would dictate that if I were to question you as a witness that you would not be very open with me. I give the detective credit for being very professional as I might be inclined to knock Kurtz out when he approached the stand.

To all you who are leaning towards not guilty........(and not just because you're not seeing the evidence, because you truly think he didn't do it).

This is the area I struggle with - her car being home. Doesn't make sense to me why she would have left w/out it in the a.m. Any comments/scenarios?

Very good point -- and so simple, too (not you! -- the problem!) It's just one of those little things that just hangs in your mind. She may have occasionally gone running straight out the door (although I can't remember testimony that she did), but she usually met someone at J. Jive or over at someone's house. And she also left her best running shoes behind, and her hair tie, and her BoSox cap and her keys. But she left her jewelry on -- to run??? Little, sniggling details.:ohdear:

O/T but since the Jim Valvano mess--of which he was totally innocent--nothing has been the same for State. I loved that man, everything about him. It's a terrific school and I pray, like you all, that next year things will turn round with the sports programs.
And as an aside, my dad got his engineering degree from State many years ago...so it holds a special place for me in that respect. My son went to UNC--Chapel Hill but my blood is not entirely blue.

Ok Here's a question...

If Brad came home with the milk and then left again to buy detergent, why did he then take Katie upstairs to give her a bottle when he returned home from HT the 2nd time?

Wouldn't Nancy have given her the bottle while he was out buying detergent?

Did anyone else get their hopes up today when the ADA started talking about the TWC call detail records? Then he abruptly stopped and never came back to it. I was floored when he ended direct without going back to it. It's the testimony I have been waiting for.

At the same time I wonder if it is telling that the defense did not probe the TWC records. They could have simply had the detective read the entries as they relate to that Saturday morning. The defense could have then and there provided reasonable doubt to the calls that are alleged to have originated from the home phone.

At the same time I wonder if it is telling that the defense did not probe the TWC records. They could have simply had the detective read the entries as they relate to that Saturday morning. The defense could have then and there provided reasonable doubt to the calls that are alleged to have originated from the home phone.

I don't think the defense has finished their cross or have they?

No, not kidding. Do you have any links to what you are referring to? I am referring to the timing of what Brad did that night if he killed her, assuming he has lied about everything. I know it would all be speculation in between what we know for fact. If I'm not mistaken, we only know NC left the party somewhere around midnight. We assume she went home...do we know that for fact if we don't trust a word Brad says? The next timestamp we absolutely know is BC showing up at HT around 6:15. That's a lot of time in between. Am I missing any known timestamp/location of Brad in between? Do we really think he would have been in a hurry to dump her? Panicked - yes. So perhaps he was really sloppy with the dump. It's just not making sense to me.

Very few murders make sense.....and sometimes how and why they are carried out make even less sense.
I understand your questions and most of us on here have probably asked ourselves, or posted, much of the same. So far, there are not any analytical answers, nor testimony as of yet, to account for every single issue. Much that has been testified to seems either moot or just simple stuff.....however, the prosecution is still laying out the foundation and we are all hoping when the true experts testify a lot of ours/your questions will be answered.

The ADA not walking through it is more telling because it prevents the defense from probing what the witness was not examined on. (Limits the scope)

Very good point -- and so simple, too (not you! -- the problem!) It's just one of those little things that just hangs in your mind. She may have occasionally gone running straight out the door (although I can't remember testimony that she did), but she usually met someone at J. Jive or over at someone's house. And she also left her best running shoes behind, and her hair tie, and her BoSox cap and her keys. But she left her jewelry on -- to run??? Little, sniggling details.:ohdear:

Right, so why would BC tell LE that she went jogging that morning? If he killed her, IMO he would have been more careful with the explanation about where she was. He would have either given a different excuse for where she went, or he would have made it look like she went jogging (by doing all those things you mentioned). The other possibility is that he told the truth = that NC told him he was going jogging, and he believed her.

Ok Here's a question...

If Brad came home with the milk and then left again to buy detergent, why did he then take Katie upstairs to give her a bottle when he returned home from HT the 2nd time?

Hmmmm, good thought on that. I had not made that connection.

Ok Here's a question...

Ooooh... It's little insights like these that I'm living for on this board...thank you!!!!

I have to say it's exhausting going over and over the same information...I also want to thank you lurkers who pop in from time to time after having read the posts and watched the tapes and testimony to add or ask something non-redundant...newbies are verrrrry much appreciated when they read the existing threads and then comment ... thank you to all of the longtimers that have the patience to answer the same questions over and over again...I think I have hit my head against the wall too many times...

Hmmmm, good thought on that. I had not made that connection.

I would have been on board (probably yesterday) except for the Detective pointing out that there was very little time involved between the trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyH