State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked a shirt and a bib that I washed on Sunday and neither of them smell like detergent. The detergent I use is labled "fresh and clean scent".

When someone has allergies, it is best to wash with scent-free stuff...

I think having friends who care about you, are concerned for your well-being, and don't just blow you off if you fail to show up when expected and haven't called, are awesome friends to have. JA and HP both exhibited those qualities on 7/12.

JA did nothing wrong: she expected to see her friend, prepared for a morning of painting by getting the room ready, moving furniture with her hubby, and then waited for her friend to show. She got worried, looked for her friend, called NC's cell phone, home phone, called HP and some other folks, then later called the NON-emergency police number asking for their advice on what, if anything, she should do at that point.

That behavior is neither alarmist nor intrusive. And guess what? Her feeling that something was not right was spot on!

Turns out Nancy was already dead and discarded off of Fielding drive, a good hour or more before she was due to be at JA's house.

I don't think I've ever had a good friend like that...who would actually care enough to follow through and see to a friend's well-being. I personally applaud that level of caring. We should all have at least one close friend in our lives who love and care about us as much as Nancy's friends loved and cared about her. Nancy was blessed to have several wonderful friends looking out for her.

Just from people around here following the trial - there were also some comments from posters on GOLO (which is unreliable and lots of mudslinging).

Basically I had the same question as you - I have no idea where the supposed affair with JA's husband and that JA could be a murderer came from - seems way out of left field to me.

I know she's not a popular character, but people seem to really hate JA. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why she's despised.

I don't know - but I can tell you if I become a missing person, I sure want a friend like JA. I have a couple friends who I think would do what JA has done. I just hope and pray that someone - anyone - would go to bat for me even at the expense of their own character assassination. For the life of me, I can't figure out why she's being bashed for standing up for a dead woman who can no longer stand up for herself.

I don't know - but I can tell you if I become a missing person, I sure want a friend like JA. I have a couple friends who I think would do what JA has done. I just hope and pray that someone - anyone - would go to bat for me even at the expense of their own character assassination. For the life of me, I can't figure out why she's being bashed for standing up for a dead woman who can no longer stand up for herself.

JMO, but perhaps those bashing her the most are those who don't have and never will have a friend/s that good, that caring, that loving... I've had a couple in my life that would look for me, and numerous ones I'd fiercely look for if something happened to them. My best friend down here, when her husband first died, ate dinner with my husband and I almost every day of the week. Because I knew if she didn't eat with us, she probably wouldn't bother to eat at all. Dinners were one of the hardest things for her to bear alone. :-(

:yes:

If I may, add teachers to the list.

Yes, you certainly may!! Public servants - God bless them all. I feel sooooo incredibly humbled when I think of our public works employees - who come out in sub-freezing temperatures in all kinds of weather in the middle of the night for water main line breaks. They make between $21,000 and $25,000 a year and have families. How in the world do they do it? Grossly underpaid, I tell you.

Thanks for the info. Maybe that's the source of the wild speculation. It seems most people I know around here were 1 or 2 degrees away from the Cooper case, so I'm sure speculation is running wild.

I think part of the negative image of JA comes from the affidavit of MH for the custody hearing.

I think part of the negative image of JA comes from the affidavit of MH for the custody hearing.

I think some of that negative image comes not just for JA, but that whole group of friends. The thought is that these people believed BC did this from the day she went missing without any evidence, just simply because they didn't like him. Some people view that as a witch hunt.

These are not my thoughts, just what I assume what the negative reaction comes from.

Now comes Nancy's BoSox cap. Her poor Mama. :tears:

I think that surviving its owner is yet one more coinky-dink.

NC with BoSox cap.

Attachments

• NC with BRS Cap'.jpg
    NC with BRS Cap'.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 15
So, I'm new to this case. I'm asking you experts to riddle me this:

Do you think the drop cloth has evidence on it? Maybe not *the* dropcloth that was purchased, but the one under/next to it? Perhaps soil evidence? It seems like the evidence that keeps coming up (aside from BC's indifference etc.) is the drop cloth and the phone call evidence. Wonder what it all means. Please shed some light for an amateur :)

I'm following along on the board w/o the benefit of watching the live stream. So, it would be great if those of you watching could periodically post what new info is coming to light - just the high points, not a blow by blow.

Kurtz is questioning Det. Young about changes in his theory/testimony in regards to the direction BC's car took in front of the Harris teeter.

Det. Young is saying he cannot determine the route BC took on the trips to Harris Teeter based upon the video footage.

Please review the TOS and the RULES at this link: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There are always two (or more) sides to every case. Be respectful of each other. If you disagree with someone and cannot respond intelligently, then MOVE PAST the post. There is no requirement that every post be responded to. If another poster irks you, no matter what they say, put them on your ignore list. (If you need help with that, send me a pm.)

Always remember - if you respond to a post that upsets you in a way that violates the rules or TOS, you may find that you are the one that is in trouble. Instead - just alert the post and let the mods handle it.

Thanks,

Salem

PLEASE THANK THIS POST AS YOU SCROLL BY.

I don't really find the significance of Brad entering the HT parking lot from one way or the other. What am I missing? Is it just the state's timeline about the phone calls and when he entered HT and left, etc?

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I was multi-tasking on the computer while I listened yesterday, but wasn't the point of the long, drawn-out, testimony with all the tape of the camera angles and which way Brad's car approached to suggest which route he took? Now Detective Young says it doesn't suggest a particular route? I'm confused.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14