State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an off topic question, my screen on websleuths suddenly went black on both sides and all around each individual message. Does anyone know what happened? Did I accidentally press a wrong key?

I don't really find the significance of Brad entering the HT parking lot from one way or the other. What am I missing? Is it just the state's timeline about the phone calls and when he entered HT and left, etc?

Shoot i might be wrong, but i took it as he could of dumped body on way to HT. :waitasec:

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I was multi-tasking on the computer while I listened yesterday, but wasn't the point of the long, drawn-out, testimony with all the tape of the camera angles and which way Brad's car approached to suggest which route he took? Now Detective Young says it doesn't suggest a particular route? I'm confused.:waitasec:

I agree, I thought that was the point. It seems to have just been neutralized.

Kurtz is desperate to try and pin this whole police investigation and subsequent charging of BC on JA.

D E S P E R A T E

He's practically squeaking, he's so desperate.

Questioning about his knowledge of JA having concerns that BC had something to do with NC's disappearance. Det. Young does not recall having that knowledge during the missing persons case.

Det. Young is saying he cannot determine the route BC took on the trips to Harris Teeter based upon the video footage.

But he sure did spend quite a bit of time on that yesterday. Bunch of red herrings in my opinion meant to make the jury think it should be suspicious.

And he's lying if he is saying he had no knowledge of their marital issues on the 12th or 13th.

I don't really find the significance of Brad entering the HT parking lot from one way or the other. What am I missing? Is it just the state's timeline about the phone calls and when he entered HT and left, etc?

The prosecution was inferring that Brad was lying about the route he took.

Kurtz is desperate to try and pin this whole police investigation and subsequent charging of BC on JA.

D E S P E R A T E

He's practically squeaking, he's so desperate.

No he's not. He's trying to show that the detectives treated him like a suspect from the beginning. That isn't desperation. It's the truth.

But he sure did spend quite a bit of time on that yesterday. Bunch of red herrings in my opinion meant to make the jury think it should be suspicious.

Snipped for point I'm addressing, JMO, but I think all this directional testimony *might* possibly be tied in to the cell tower pings that morning on prior to the first Harris Teeter trip. Again, this are just my thoughts as to possible relavance.

This sudden memory lapse by Det. Young is very interesting. How many pages is he going to flip through "looking for answers" when he recalled so many other details so clearly?

This sudden memory lapse by Det. Young is very interesting. How many pages is he going to flip through "looking for answers" when he recalled so many other details so clearly?

Yes. I wish he would just testify to what he knows and answer the questions and quit being evasive.

No he's not. He's trying to show that the detectives treated him like a suspect from the beginning. That isn't desperation. It's the truth.

The husband is always the first suspect. Wonder why JY doesn't just say that and be over it.

I think some of that negative image comes not just for JA, but that whole group of friends. The thought is that these people believed BC did this from the day she went missing without any evidence, just simply because they didn't like him. Some people view that as a witch hunt.

These are not my thoughts, just what I assume what the negative reaction comes from.

I believe you hit the nail on the head, cityslick. Most people I know (many whom know people involved...we're in the simliar demographics and professional circles) were completely turned off by the custody case and felt it was based on gossip. Then the prosecution starts out the criminal case by bringing the same group of neighbors.

A lot of people here do feel it's a witchhunt, and are turned off by the neighbors they see as catty gossips.

Just my observation, not stating an opinion!:crazy:

So he just admitted knowing about some of their issues despite saying 10 minutes ago that he didn't know about their issues.

Didn't he testify that he was present when Brad was discussing marital issues? He interviewed other witnesses to this, yes? Am I remembering incorrectly? How can he now say he had absolutely no suspicion of Brad? Brad had police surveillance from the get go... Are they kidding?

I swear detective McDreamy seemed so confident of himself during the prosecution case. I was actually very impressed and he seemed very truthful. However, he now sees very unsure and like he is trying his hardest not to damage the prosecution case with any of his answers. His job is to answer the questions, not protect the prosecution cae.

Det. Young was assigned to protective duty of BC and the children because somebody may have been targeting the Cooper family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14