State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different note, I was not watching the trial in initial days, so I missed Jessica Adams testimony.

I've heard comments that Nancy had an affair with JA's husband, and that JA should have been investigated for the murder.

Can anyone who saw her testimony state their thoughts on JA? I read accounts of her testimony on the local news sites, and it sounds like she was a neighborhood busybody. But other than that, why is there such a strong negative reaction to JA?

-- have never heard anything about NC having an affair with JA's husband, I am pretty sure Kurtz would have mentioned that in his opening statement, he thought of everything else to "throw out there" for reasonable doubt that made no sense.

-- She did not live in the neighborhood, she was just a very close friend of NC's from what her testimony states

Where did you get your info from, would love to follow up with that and read it.

I know what the prosecution is trying to do here: They are showing that the police work was meticulous, that is why they are seemingly having the poor detective (and all who watch) go through ever single piece of evidence collected, the majority of which appear to have nothing to do with the actual case. Questions like "where in the house did you find the phone." Answer: "On the table." These are not important for the case of guilt or innocence, but they want to show that the police did a thorough job.

The problem is that it is very boring, and the jury is liable to get sick and tired of it, and overwhelm them.

Can someone tell me what it was the defense wanted to keep out?? What it was the judge ruled in their favor a couple minutes ago? I believe he said the ADA could *look* at it though, but not question about it??

Finally, TWC phone records entered into evidence. Hopefully we will get details soon.

Well almost. How frustrating. I stopped what I was doing to pay attention and then he moved on to something else. :banghead:

I know what the prosecution is trying to do here: They are showing that the police work was meticulous, that is why they are seemingly having the poor detective (and all who watch) go through ever single piece of evidence collected, the majority of which appear to have nothing to do with the actual case. Questions like "where in the house did you find the phone." Answer: "On the table." These are not important for the case of guilt or innocence, but they want to show that the police did a thorough job.

The problem is that it is very boring, and the jury is liable to get sick and tired of it, and overwhelm them.

If items are going to be entered into evidence, a proper foundation has to be laid for it to be entered correctly and legally, no?

-- have never heard anything about NC having an affair with JA's husband, I am pretty sure Kurtz would have mentioned that in his opening statement, he thought of everything else to "throw out there" for reasonable doubt that made no sense.

-- She did not live in the neighborhood, she was just a very close friend of NC's from what her testimony states

Where did you get your info from, would love to follow up with that and read it.

Just from people around here following the trial - there were also some comments from posters on GOLO (which is unreliable and lots of mudslinging).

Basically I had the same question as you - I have no idea where the supposed affair with JA's husband and that JA could be a murderer came from - seems way out of left field to me.

I know she's not a popular character, but people seem to really hate JA. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why she's despised.

But again, the defense never claimed that they didn't thoroughly investigate Brad Cooper. What they need to show is that they exhausted any other potential leads, theories, and/or suspects.

Can someone tell me what it was the defense wanted to keep out?? What it was the judge ruled in their favor a couple minutes ago? I believe he said the ADA could *look* at it though, but not question about it??

As to the last item, I believe it was a notebook that largely contained information pertaining to the custody hearing that was client/attorney privledge. That why he ruled for the defense.

But again, the defense never claimed that they didn't thoroughly investigate Brad Cooper. What they need to show is that they exhausted any other potential leads, theories, and/or suspects.

Be careful, or they just might start intruducing all the irrelivant dirt they collected too! :great:

We have a long way to go still.

The motorola cell phone or earlier with the thumb drive and notebook?

NC wore a Boston Red Sox cap because she was AWESOME! Bias here...I'm from Mass :)

Just from people around here following the trial - there were also some comments from posters on GOLO (which is unreliable and lots of mudslinging).

Basically I had the same question as you - I have no idea where the supposed affair with JA's husband and that JA could be a murderer came from - seems way out of left field to me.

I know she's not a popular character, but people seem to really hate JA. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why she's despised.

I know I read somewhere, maybe in an affidavit, that JA had been with Nancy when she got a text from "Brett." JA got upset, thinking it was from her husband Brett Adam; turned out it is was from Nancy's friend Brett Wilson(?) in Canada. That was the end of it. That's all I remember.

I don't really have any strong feelings about JA one way or another. I do know if I went missing I'd rather have her looking for me than Brad Cooper.

I hate it when the families *keep* stuff the biological relatives, mother, siblings, would like to have as remembrance items. :( Things that really don't have any *value* other than to the family. I remember Laci Peterson's mom wanting Laci's high school momentos, cheer leading stuff, etc. That is so sad and just plain mean IMO.

I know I read somewhere, maybe in an affidavit, that JA had been with Nancy when she got a text from "Brett." JA got upset, thinking it was from her husband Brett Adam; turned out it is was from Nancy's friend Brett Wilson(?) in Canada. That was the end of it. That's all I remember.

I don't really have any strong feelings about JA one way or another. I do know if I went missing I'd rather have her looking for me than Brad Cooper.

This is more correct. I know they weren't just rumors. They were incorrect (but real) allegations made and referenced early on.

The only other reference I can think of is the last call listed on NC cell phone the night of the 11th was either to or from a cell phone registered to BA.

Thanks for the info. Maybe that's the source of the wild speculation. It seems most people I know around here were 1 or 2 degrees away from the Cooper case, so I'm sure speculation is running wild.

I'd do the same thing for my best friend, and I know she'd do the same for me. We look out for eachothers welfare. If she thought something happened to me, she would persue it, as would I for her.

Yes, I noticed that too!

I thought they were stretch marks in the fabric.
I remember testimony somewhere by somebody about how the wicking fabric would show or leave stretch marks if pulled. When I saw the dark shirt, with the marks, I immediately thought that perhaps that was what she was wearing at the time of the struggle/death.

Now comes Nancy's BoSox cap. Her poor Mama. :tears:

I think that surviving its owner is yet one more coinky-dink.

Good grief - I'm saying all police, fire, EMS, military - are grossly underpaid for the work they do. Yes, I work for a municipality. My husband served his country in the military (on income alone, we qualified for food stamps - was rejected tho because we were in the military), and he worked the streets as a patrol officer and narcotics officer. Those people put their life on the lines every single day, every moment of the day - on duty or off - and YES, they are grossly underpaid for the job they have to do.

:yes:

If I may, add teachers to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads