State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW this little excuse by Kurtz that he can't cross examine properly has got to be the biggest line of BS I've seen in a while. He's trying to buy time.

She wasn't killed that way though. At least the evidence doesn't point to that.

Cause of death was asphyxiation. The broken hyoid suggests strangulation but the decomposition was too advanced to definitively say that. That is my understanding anyway from the autopsy and the ME testimony.

And if he was not, then it doesn't fit. Too bad we don't have any conclusive evidence either way.

We do have some evidence though...phone call from his cell at 23:32...so he must have been up then.

We do have some evidence though...phone call from his cell at 23:32...so he must have been up then.

This was mentioned (I only heard about the computer activity)? Did I miss something?

They said emails were accessed using the blackjack during that time.

Something was accessed on the computer at 1 am. 5 things accessed between 11:43 and 6:53 and Not sure if Brad did something or update pushed from elsewhere.

As much as I would like to stay objective my gut tells me that it would have taken a slew of remote events for him not to have committed this crime. But, there's also part of me that says inevitably a first time killer makes SOME kind of mistake and through a two-year investigation the authorities have not really been able to find anything definitive, merely suggestive.

So do I think he did it? I think it is likely. But I don't think they'll get a conviction.

Thanks for responding, RobT. Wasn't being argumentative or getting you into a "department" here on W/S, just interested to know. Appreciate your response and welcome more comment.

Personally, and I know you didn't ask, haha ... I believe the CE is quite compelling; the logic precedes loudspeaker-proportions and the lies BC told go to a cover-up alibi that's failed dismally. JMHO

Nevertheless - onward we march! Great to have you on board. Let's see how this unravels...

PSA

Cause of death was asphyxiation. The broken hyoid suggests strangulation but the decomposition was too advanced to definitively say that. That is my understanding anyway from the autopsy and the ME testimony.

I think the broken bone makes the 'bag over the head' theory unlikely. Plus didn't she have some faint lines on her throat?

So, the defense says they need to know how FBI got this info from computer? and FBI is not saying how? So, defense is saying what? FBI made it up?

This was mentioned (I only heard about the computer activity)? Did I miss something?

I had noted it a while ago...something originated from his cell at 23:32. I am sure we will hear about it.

You know, I do not see him that way. I see him as loving himself too much. So he decided to kill Nancy instead.

Me too, I see him more as a family annihilator. (sp?). Somebody who'd kill his wife & children, and then take off for Europe to disappear. What was that guys name that did that? Left his wife/children/mother's burning bodies somewhere remote along the N.C. coastline IIRC? And his car was located someplace in the mountains, western area of N.C. Brad, wasn't his name Brad too? Bradford??? Something along those lines?

FBI agent: Logs show Brad was on his computer 4 times between 10pm & midnight on July 11. (He told police he was sleeping.) #coopertria

BTW this little excuse by Kurtz that he can't cross examine properly has got to be the biggest line of BS I've seen in a while. He's trying to buy time.

Is Kurtz afraid of a guilty verdict and setting up situation for a new trial on the basis of 'ineffective council'?

So, the defense says they need to know how FBI got this info from computer? and FBI is not saying how? So, defense is saying what? FBI made it up?
Maybe one of those "It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to permanently wipe your hard drive." scenarios.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Yes. There will be one more FBI agent & he also can't be recorded. RT @nesthimer: @wral Is this still 1st FBI agent? #coopertrial

Is Kurtz afraid of a guilty verdict and setting up situation for a new trial on the basis of 'ineffective council'?

Well, from what I can tell they already got a situation where they are saying the ADA didn't turn over all evidence.

I think the broken bone makes the 'bag over the head' theory unlikely. Plus didn't she have some faint lines on her throat?

I was thinking faint lines might indicate even moreso that something was tied around her neck. I know there is not any evidence that a bag was ever put over her head. I think this is very likely why the judge did not allow this evidence to be entered. The inference that I take from knowing that he not only looked at put printed off this information is that he was planning a murder to look like a suicide. That's not evidence. That's completely my speculation and you can't have jurors doing that. IMO (although I know that juror speculation occurs all the time and is sometimes used to convict.)

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the defense requested the 'FBI methods' months ago and their request was denied.

It seems to me it would be easier to cross examine an expert witness if I knew how he obtained his information.

For example -- if I knew how he determined that BC accessed the computer I might be able to show that certain automated processes might have caused the appearance of access rather than BC actually using the computer.

Please don't shoot me... I'm new to this board and like RobT, my gut tells me he's guilty but thus far I don't think the evidence has resolved reasonable doubt.

One more thing, even tho the judge in the custody hearing found RZ unbelieveable I'd have to hear her testimony before I agree. Defense would be foolish not to get her testimony in front of the jury.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Jury out. Defense says he isn't prepared to cross-examine FBI agent. He hasn't been given adequate info about FBI methods.

:floorlaugh:

Just how much time does Kurtz need to prepare to cross examine this FBI Agent, or any state's witness for that matter, with damning evidence against their client?

Please....why do I feel like Kurtz and Baez are long lost brothers? :gasp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member