State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her "night friend", Jennifer stated that Nancy would go over to her house and they'd drink a BOTTLE or 2 of wine and she'd leave late in the evening. So, Brad works all day, comes home and his wife immediately leaves to go drinking with the girls.

Why is he such a bad dad? He was the sole income earner. They lived in a nice neighborhood, 5 star preschools, gym membership to a very nice healthclub, getting his MBA to provide more for his family. I, personally, saw him doting on his children at the pool A LOT more than Nancy did. She was always lounging a chair chatting with her girlfriends while he spent the entire time with his kids in the pool.

They were both terrible in the marriage department. Both equally at fault. But, I do not think it is fair to say he was not a good father. There is absolutely NO evidence of that

I'd leave when he came home and go drinking, myself. What a dreadful situation she was in.

Why would this need to be let go? In order to convict BC, there must be proof that he had motivation to commit murder. And so where do you draw the line with the excuses for his behavior, or the rationalizations, or the minimizing? Pretty soon, you have dummied this down to NG, because in the end, he will have fooled enough people into thinking that perhaps he is the victim in this situation.

And because the truth is his behavior cannot be understood, as is evident on this forum, because many of the debates center around this very question: but why would he do that?

(She was saying to let it go because we go round and round with one poster and get nowhere.)

Good evening.. (too busy with my regular life the last few days to post too much)

I agree dumb, but now I am starting to believe he wanted to place her alive for a few more hours that morning and was definitely caught off guard by JA and others trying to track her down. I think he planned on doing what a previous person said.. go to a museum or something with the kids and then say she must have jogged and came home and surfed the net and then went out and now we don't know where she is" to give himself MORE of an alibi.

The spoofed calls, the internet surfing under her name and the museum he may have taken the girls to.. all thought out for him and bide him more time.. IMO.

If he needed more time, why did he answer the phone? I'm sure they likely had caller ID.

I've never seen such complete belief in innocence with no connection to the defendant. It's unfailing, unwavering, and unending. I just can't get it!

Me either. I'm so so so glad that there are people in Nancy's corner. I hope her family feels the love from those very, very good friends of Nancy's and I hope they are feeling that the police and staff, FBI, and DA's office have and are doing everything they possibly can to bring justice for Nancy. All those officers, investigators, detectives, experts, and grand jury panel weren't wrong. I hope Nancy's family knows that even complete strangers feel Nancy's life mattered, was important, was valuable and that she didn't deserve to be thrown away like trash and be trashed from other insensitive strangers as if she asked for her fate. Nancy's first mistake was falling in love with a damaged person. Her second mistake was not following through with her instinct in the first year of her marriage that it was a mistake and took that chance to remove herself from the monster. Her third mistake was underestimating the evilness she lived with.

No it won't have. MH came up to NC at the party and asked her if BC could play tennis the next morning. She dialed the number on HER phone and handed the phone to MH so he could speak to BC.

The number BC would have from that conversation is NC's cell.

But he had her cell in the drawer, he definitely had the number there..he knew right where it was when the detective asked him for it.

Did you live in the same subdivision? I've seen your posts but didn't realize you were an "insider."

Yes, I live in Lochmere. However, I was never friends with NC, BC or any of their close friends. However I am acquaintances with a few people in that inner circle. I run the same routes that NC ran. I belong to the same fitness club. I saw BC and NC quite often at Lifetime and Lochmere.

A lot of people think I am way off on this thing, but I truly don't think he did it. I think they had a terrible marriage. I think they BOTH treated each other poorly. I never saw them interacting at the pool. If it were not for their beautiful children you would have never known they were even married. But, in all honesty, BC seemed to be a loving, caring, doting father to those 2 precious little girls. Say what you want about how he treated NC, but he gave his children undivided attention when I saw him with them.

While Cary is deemed a very safe place to live and raise a family, trust me, I have seen my fair share of creepy people on my runs. So much so that I never run without my dog with me. It is not as "perfect" as everyone assumes it is. We have dealt with a lot of criminal activity in this area in the past couple years.

Question... Why would Nancy have Mike Hiller's phone number?

I haven't seen any evidence as to whether she did or not.

MH walked up to her at the party to ask about tennis. She wouldn't have needed to know his phone number for that.

The tweet from the trial today was that BC was looking up MH phone number on whitepages.com. Not on a contact list of NC's.

If he needed more time, why did he answer the phone? I'm sure they likely had caller ID.

Because he felt like it and already had it in his head if he saw or talked to anyone he would would say she went jogging.. what about maybe he didn't want to not answer and then have the neighbors see that he was home..

But he had her cell in the drawer, he definitely had the number there..he knew right where it was when the detective asked him for it.

Wait... she called Brad then, not MH.

(Anyway, if Brad was able to get into Nancy's phone, the detective wouldn't have needed to guess at the password!)

I'd leave when he came home and go drinking, myself. What a dreadful situation she was in.

So, let me get this straight. He works all day. He comes home. She puts her hand out for her $300 allowance and then leaves to go drink with her friends. Hmmmmm....doesn't sound like she wanted to try to make it work either. She should have left a long time ago. Apparently she felt this way after his affair with HM. So - why did she have another child with him if he was "that bad" to her?

Yes, I live in Lochmere. However, I was never friends with NC, BC or any of their close friends. However I am acquaintances with a few people in that inner circle. I run the same routes that NC ran. I belong to the same fitness club. I saw BC and NC quite often at Lifetime and Lochmere.

A lot of people think I am way off on this thing, but I truly don't think he did it. I think they had a terrible marriage. I think they BOTH treated each other poorly. I never saw them interacting at the pool. If it were not for their beautiful children you would have never known they were even married. But, in all honesty, BC seemed to be a loving, caring, doting father to those 2 precious little girls. Say what you want about how he treated NC, but he gave his children undivided attention when I saw him with them.

While Cary is deemed a very safe place to live and raise a family, trust me, I have seen my fair share of creepy people on my runs. So much so that I never run without my dog with me. It is not as "perfect" as everyone assumes it is. We have dealt with a lot of criminal activity in this area in the past couple years.

Thanks for the insight!

I lived down the street from Lochmere for 10 years and actually moved to Garner in 2009. .Cary was no that safe.. definitely sketchy people walking around but it was just an average town.. maybe less crime then average according to statistics.. but I agree with you about feeling not that safe there..

So, let me get this straight. He works all day. He comes home. She puts her hand out for her $300 allowance and then leaves to go drink with her friends. Hmmmmm....doesn't sound like she wanted to try to make it work either. She should have left a long time ago. Apparently she felt this way after his affair with HM. So - why did she have another child with him if he was "that bad" to her?

Yes, I've have always had that question - why another kid? But also, why another larger more expensive house (when they were working with the realtor)?

But, I have seen so many friends do the same I don't question it anymore. Sane, NORMAL, people can be in a crappy marriage and think one more kid or a nicer house can fix what woes us. It doesn't make sense to those of us on the outside looking in, but when you're living it, it apparently does (as evidenced by the MANY couples who do this).

Wait... she called Brad then, not MH.

(Anyway, if Brad was able to get into Nancy's phone, the detective wouldn't have needed to guess at the password!)

LOL thanks, I Just got confused on that one!

You guys much be watching a fantasy trial somewhere. BOTH SIDES are bringing up a lot of evidence that isn't ACTUALLY involved in this case (as far as in front of a jury).

Today is the THIRD day in a row that Kurtz has LITERALLY had to walk over (in FRONT of the jury) and get evidence from Zellinger as it's being entered. Not documents mind you, but a binder, several DVDs and photos. He has made it clear in his sneaky way that he's just seeing it.

I don't think this jury is buying what the pros is selling, and the FBI didn't do anything but muddy up the waters.

Guilty or not, this is a really crappy trial all around. I'd bet we are about to wrap. I am thinking the brother, a random "I was jogging in Lochmere" witness and then Daniels and I don't think even his brilliant mind can salvage the damage that has been done so far.

This is a mess. Every time a pros witness opens their mouth to Kurtz or Trenkle, it gets worse.

Also, this is not a case to discuss domestic violence. Save that for the next one.

This case is about a mutually tragic monster-mess of a marriage that two people bounced around in. I remember the standard mantra of the early divorce attorneys saying: She will BAIT you. She will MONITOR you. She will try to TRAP you. It's what people do. (not women, people mind you).

Let's get back to a little more well-fostered debate in here before the mods lock us down.

And if you guys are wanting to rail on someone, feel free to flame me. Not the people that are just trying to get an opinion out there.

I think that Brad exhibited the emotional side of control and manipulation that constitutes Domestic Abuse and yes, there still could be a flaming gun (not smoking at this point) that does him in.

BUT, in the interest of actual justice, this case has been bad for everyone involved except Trenkle and Kurtz & Blum. Why? Because the State has trampled all over themselves and their witnesses in an effort to string six cans together and call it the internet. For every lie that's been told by the defense, we have the prosecution standing up and shouting: THERE! SEE! LIE! AND LIES = MURDER!

For those of you who have never been divorced, count yourselves lucky. For those of you who do not have abuse in their lives, count yourselves lucky.

For those of you who are jumping all over this and the people trying to have an intelligent and interesting conversation about a murder case...stop for a second. Realize that the lives are already lost and for any other reason we would not be here. Think about what you say before you bash their idea and post something a little more backed up and a little more based on what the trial evidence has been about and you will come to the same result, but sound less mean. Then....count yourself lucky that you live in a place that allows you to do that.

Also, if he killed this woman and covered it up....and walks....he should offer his services out to the FBI.

Why would this need to be let go? In order to convict BC, there must be proof that he had motivation to commit murder. And so where do you draw the line with the excuses for his behavior, or the rationalizations, or the minimizing? Pretty soon, you have dummied this down to NG, because in the end, he will have fooled enough people into thinking that perhaps he is the victim in this situation.

And because the truth is his behavior cannot be understood, as is evident on this forum, because many of the debates center around this very question: but why would he do that?

I'm sorry you had to experience abuse in your life, but this is getting O/T to discuss abuse in general terms here because it just doesn't relate to this case. IMO - BC was not abusive to NC. I'm not interested in discussing "what abuse means" in this forum. (sorry)

Yes, I've have always had that question - why another kid? But also, why another larger more expensive house (when they were working with the realtor)?

But, I have seen so many friends do the same I don't question it anymore. Sane, NORMAL, people can be in a crappy marriage and think one more kid or a nicer house can fix what woes us. It doesn't make sense to those of us on the outside looking in, but when you're living it, it apparently does (as evidenced by the MANY couples who do this).

She also had another child with him way before she knew about HM. She didnt know till New Years 2008 according to testimony. Everything may have been "okay" and "tolerable" with them in 2007.. when he graduated everything seemed okay... so they sat down with the builder for that new house in 2007 December.. and then never went through with it according to their realtor.. so having another kid with him was before it got BAD it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620