Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not even his fiancée statement

So there is nothing wrong with him entering her apartment while she is away after they are broken up? And BC is so unlucky bc two women in a row now have completely blown him out of proportion? And now he is accused of murder....a very, very unlucky man.

I've never seen such complete belief in innocence with no connection to the defendant. It's unfailing, unwavering, and unending. I just can't get it!

Can Detective Daniels salvage the state's case?

On February 21, 2009, Detective George Daniels was named the recipient of the 2008 George Almond Officer of the Year award

Detective Daniels was nominated by Sgt. Randy Byrd. In his nomination, Sgt. Byrd mentioned the many years of experience and the solid reputation that Detective Daniels has throughout the department, the law enforcement community as a whole, and the district attorney’s office. The nomination also highlighted his informal leadership, mentoring, and community service. In 2008, Detective Daniels served as the lead detective on three homicide investigations. These homicides occurred over an eight month period and required numerous man hours and investigative work. Although many detectives and officers worked on these cases, two detectives (Jim Young and Adam Dismukes) worked with Detective Daniels extensively. According to Sgt. Byrd, “Detective Daniels not only provided tremendous leadership and direction with these cases, but served these detectives as a mentor and an informal leader. Both of these detectives have grown professionally because of working with Detective Daniels and have developed a deep and profound respect for him that words alone can’t measure. This is due in part to his unassuming approach to individuals. His approach works because he doesn’t seek credit or recognition for himself but because he is always focused on the greater good. He has always been willing to sacrifice for this greater good and lead by quiet example. This is the true test of leadership and one that George has mastered.” In continuing his nomination Sgt. Byrd noted that Detective Daniel’s commitment to service doesn’t end with the Cary Police department.

Detective Daniels was raised in Newark, N.J. and graduated from Union High school in that same city. He served in the United States army for a number of years and was assigned to the criminal investigations division where he worked numerous cases and special assignments. This included assignment to the personal security detail for the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. His military service also included assignments in Central America, Korea, and Japan. Detective Daniels taught English as a second language while stationed in Korea and Panama. He joined the Cary Police department in 1991 and his investigative skills were soon put to use when he transferred to investigations. Throughout his career with the Cary Police Department, Detective Daniels has served as the lead detective on some of the most difficult cases the town has known. He is a past recipient of the Knights of Columbus and the American Legion officer of the year awards and holds a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from St. Leo College. He is married to Marsha and they have three children and grandchildren.

http://www.ncpba.org/cary/Officer_o..._Annual_Officer_of_the_Year_Banquet/story.htm

Actually he and Mike spoke in person. He spoke to Brad on Nancy's phone so he wouldn't have had his number in his phone. I was surprised too that he had to look up his number in the white pages. I would have thought he would have had it in his contacts.

Amazing, aye? He didn't have his friends phone number on his phone...Maybe that contact list started to wipe sooner than we thought...

Thank you. Googling the hotels for that marathon is very strange under the circumstances.

Why would it be that strange? Even though he and Nancy did not have the ideal marriage, running in your first half marathon is a big deal. Maybe he was searching for hotels so he and his kids could go support Nancy. If Nancy did indeed go running that morning, I don't see him searching for hotels to be that far fetched.

Do you believe that the only abuse is physical abuse?

Thank you for that! And I guess the earlier comment proves my point exactly. Society has no idea what an abusive relationship looks like.

Physical abuse is many things, not just slapping and punching someone.

Lundy Bancroft, a national abuse expert, says that any abuse is not about anger management issues, it is about attitude. He lists ten mindsets that create an abusvie environment, whether it is emotional, physical, financial, etc.
1. The satisfaction of power and control
2. Getting his way, especially when it matters most to him.
3. Someone to take his problems out on.
4.Free labor from her, leisure and freedom from him.
5. Being the center of attention, with priority given to his needs.
6.Financial control.
7. Ensuring that his career, education , or other goals are prioritized.
8. Public status of being husband/good father, without anyone knowing what happens at home.
etc......

And I must respectfully say to those who think BC was not abusive, what is your personal experience? Before you judge, don't you feel it is fair and prudent to let people who have lived these scenarios compare their experiences with what they are hearing?

It's very easy to torch someone's reputation when they are not on your 'side'.

Who's "torching" a reputation? I'm wondering why they don't consider her credible because it seems they don't. Guess if the defense decides to put her on the stand we'll see, won't we? :seeya:

Wasn't Brad really dumb to say NC went running by 7 a.m. and then do searches at 8:42 a.m. that would attempt to make it look like NC was searching on the internet? I can't get over how dumb he was at some points.

Good evening.. (too busy with my regular life the last few days to post too much)

I agree dumb, but now I am starting to believe he wanted to place her alive for a few more hours that morning and was definitely caught off guard by JA and others trying to track her down. I think he planned on doing what a previous person said.. go to a museum or something with the kids and then say she must have jogged and came home and surfed the net and then went out and now we don't know where she is" to give himself MORE of an alibi.

The spoofed calls, the internet surfing under her name and the museum he may have taken the girls to.. all thought out for him and bide him more time.. IMO.

but his number would have been on his phone they just spoke the night before

No it won't have. MH came up to NC at the party and asked her if BC could play tennis the next morning. She dialed the number on HER phone and handed the phone to MH so he could speak to BC.

The number BC would have from that conversation is NC's cell.

There were 3 gals going. They probably planned to share one room. I would not assume that Brad was going to be paying for that room. Further, the VA Beach marathon is a very popular and crowded race. Room reservations might be hard to come by 4 weeks out from the race. I know people who sign up for that race 4 to 6 months in advance and book a hotel room immediately because the closer to the race it gets, the more difficult it is to find a room. I do not buy that Brad was looking to find a room for his wife on July 12th for a race she was running in Aug.

Maybe he was going to surprise NC and go with the girls to watch her race?

Thank you for that! And I guess the earlier comment proves my point exactly. Society has no idea what an abusive relationship looks like.

Lundy Bancroft, a national abuse expert, says that any abuse is not about anger management issues, it is about attitude. He lists ten mindsets that create an abusvie environment, whether it is emotional, physical, financial, etc.
6.Financial control.
8. Public status of being husband/good father, without anyone knowing what happens at home.
etc......

And I must respectfully say to those who think BC was not abusive, what is your personal experience? Before you judge, don't you feel it is fair and prudent to let people who have lived these scenarios compare their experiences with what they are hearing?

Bless you!

where did you get the information she was out drinking every night?

Her "night friend", Jennifer stated that Nancy would go over to her house and they'd drink a BOTTLE or 2 of wine and she'd leave late in the evening. So, Brad works all day, comes home and his wife immediately leaves to go drinking with the girls.

Why is he such a bad dad? He was the sole income earner. They lived in a nice neighborhood, 5 star preschools, gym membership to a very nice healthclub, getting his MBA to provide more for his family. I, personally, saw him doting on his children at the pool A LOT more than Nancy did. She was always lounging a chair chatting with her girlfriends while he spent the entire time with his kids in the pool.

They were both terrible in the marriage department. Both equally at fault. But, I do not think it is fair to say he was not a good father. There is absolutely NO evidence of that

6.Financial control.
etc......

I was actually thinking that someone who is living with it might not even recognize it as abnormal when they see it elsewhere.

we have to let it go..some think if you don't have a black eye everything is okay

Why would this need to be let go? In order to convict BC, there must be proof that he had motivation to commit murder. And so where do you draw the line with the excuses for his behavior, or the rationalizations, or the minimizing? Pretty soon, you have dummied this down to NG, because in the end, he will have fooled enough people into thinking that perhaps he is the victim in this situation.

And because the truth is his behavior cannot be understood, as is evident on this forum, because many of the debates center around this very question: but why would he do that?

At least Det. Daniels won't be 'undercover'.
4 witnesses blacked out made this even harder to follow.

No it won't have. MH came up to NC at the party and asked her if BC could play tennis the next morning. She dialed the number on HER phone and handed the phone to MH so he could speak to BC.

The number BC would have from that conversation is NC's cell.

Question... Why would Nancy have Mike Hiller's phone number?

I, personally, saw him doting on his children at the pool A LOT more than Nancy did. She was always lounging a chair chatting with her girlfriends while he spent the entire time with his kids in the pool.

Did you live in the same subdivision? I've seen your posts but didn't realize you were an "insider."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member