State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plans were already established for the kids and Nancy to go swimming around 1pm with their mother. Meeting up with HP at the pool. Those plans had not been canceled or altered as of the morning of July 12. Nancy never went running. She was dead and discarded before 7am.

Well since they apparently didn't communicate, maybe he didn't know about the pool plans.

Further thought: is it possible that Brad logged on Nancy's Mac computer, using Nancy's login account, to try and show it was HER looking for jobs in Edmonton, as if she were still alive? Looking at searches she would do. Half marathon was HER thing. Or even perhaps to make it look like she took off to Canada? flight info, etc.

No. He did it on the 13th.

Wasn't Brad really dumb to say NC went running by 7 a.m. and then do searches at 8:42 a.m. that would attempt to make it look like NC was searching on the internet? I can't get over how dumb he was at some points.
Well, a lot of this info is just inconsistent amongst itself. If you assume that he did it, I tend to think that the searches for flight booking, jobs in Canada, etc, would be to suggest that she did the searches and might have been considering "running away".

But then the searches looking for museums, etc, seem to be meant to show that he was the one doing the searching.

In either case, the implication is that he expected the computer to at some point be searched. So, that being the case, why did he do inconsistent things on it?

Could that be why the defense brought up the potential changing of timestamps? What if those searches were done at 6:42 am. That would give us a completely different case. I am interested to hear more testimony on this.

I don't believe that the searches relating to the job and airplane flights was done on the 12th. I would have to go back and look but I'm pretty sure is was the 13th.

Further thought: is it possible that Brad logged on Nancy's Mac computer, using Nancy's login account, to try and show it was HER looking for jobs in Edmonton, as if she were still alive? Looking at searches she would do. Half marathon was HER thing. Or even perhaps to make it look like she took off to Canada? flight info, etc.

That was my first thought when I read that today.

Too bad he didn't know she had plans to paint on Saturday. :crazy:

I don't believe that the searches relating to the job and airplane flights was done on the 12th. I would have to go back and look but I'm pretty sure is was the 13th.

Just going by the tweet:
Det. Chappell: At 8:42am July 12, Brad Googled "Virginia rock n roll half hotels." July 14: Searched "Book air canada.com"

This was the point I was trying to make about relationships where there is alot of distrust but everyone started comparing their own relationships as if that's remotely comparable to the disaster that was the Cooper marriage.

How many times have we heard stories of girls looking on their boyfriends cell phones because they suspect he's screwing around. How is that not the same thing? The point is, while it's wrong, it does happen.

And though murder is wrong, it does happen.

I think what people are rallying against is that stating something is commonplace is often a seguay into rationalizing it. It makes us feel better when we do something wrong when we know lots of other people do it. We know it's still wrong, and we can defend ourselves by continuing to say we never said it was the right thing to do, but spreading the blame diffuses the attention that might otherwise be pointed directly at us.

Just going by the tweet:
Det. Chappell: At 8:42am July 12, Brad Googled "Virginia rock n roll half hotels." July 14: Searched "Book air canada.com"

Thank you. Googling the hotels for that marathon is very strange under the circumstances.

That was my first thought when I read that today.

Too bad he didn't know she had plans to paint on Saturday. :crazy:

Thanks for bringing up the painting plans and Brad's lack of knowledge about them. He said in his deposition he did not know about any plans Nancy had that Sat morning and he said he did not know that Nancy was planning to be at JA's house on Sat. Yet on Fri morning he goes to Lowe's and purchases a plastic dropcloth and in opening statements Kurtz states Brad purchased it for Nancy's painting at JA's house.

Lie by Brad and Lie by Kurtz.

Wasn't Brad really dumb to say NC went running by 7 a.m. and then do searches at 8:42 a.m. that would attempt to make it look like NC was searching on the internet? I can't get over how dumb he was at some points.

I don't believe he was doing it to make it look like her. Think about it....he controlled the money. If anyone was going to book a hotel in Virginia Beach, it would have been him. How would she have paid for it? She didn't have credit/debit. So the search was from him. It was a shared computer and she probably didn't logout of her account from the last time she used it.

To clarify, did he do the searches on her PC at that time?

To clarify...he did searches on a shared computer. It was not her PC. They both had accounts on that PC. It was done under her account, but that wouldn't be uncommon. It's not in my house.

Nobody knows if he did the later searches to make it look like she was doing the searching. The suggestion that he tried to make it look like she was doing the searches is nothing more than a wild theory that was pulled out of thin air by people here.

I agree JTF. Where are the internet searches that relate to Fielding drive? Where are the visits to the Toll Brothers website? Where are the URL's that are more concrete than google searches for air-canada?

Did they even go into what was done on the computer during the 4 log ins? How do you bring that up to the jury and not go into detail? I thought for sure there would be more damming evidence, like perhaps computer activity in the middle of the night.

You would think in this entire case there would be at least one friggin' piece of damning evidence - even it were still circumstantial. And I'm not talking about the weak sauce I've seen thus far: phone calls at odd times of the day, 2 left shoes, requests to IT staff for data cleansing software, knowledge to support automated calling, cleaning supplies around the house, gas spilled in the car trunk, (alleged) straw in the foyer, 3rd stage instar fly larvae, odd Internet searches, and a long line of people who say that "BC was a horrible husband and father".

Sure - taken together as a whole - it doesn't paint a very good picture for the defendant. But like it or not - the defense done a very good job in cross examination and has introduced plausible doubt with almost everything I've seen. If this case closed tomorrow and I were on that jury I would vote "not guilty".

Trust me folks - I really, *really* look forward to tomorrow (and the next day, and the next day) hoping that one compelling piece of evidence is brought to the light of day that will tip the scales, because I want someone to rot for what happened to NC.

Thanks for bringing up the painting plans and Brad's lack of knowledge about them. He said in his deposition he did not know about any plans Nancy had that Sat morning and he said he did not know that Nancy was planning to be at JA's house on Sat. Yet on Fri morning he goes to Lowe's and purchases a plastic dropcloth and in opening statements Kurtz states Brad purchased it for Nancy's painting at JA's house.

Lie by Brad and Lie by Kurtz.

Exactly!

I don't believe he was doing it to make it look like her. Think about it....he controlled the money. If anyone was going to book a hotel in Virginia Beach, it would have been him. How would she have paid for it? She didn't have credit/debit. So the search was from him. It was a shared computer and she probably didn't logout of her account from the last time she used it.

I can buy that.

Plans were already established for the kids and Nancy to go swimming around 1pm with their mother. Meeting up with HP at the pool. Those plans had not been canceled or altered as of the morning of July 12. Nancy never went running. She was dead and discarded before 7am.

Maybe he was going to take them later in the day.

Nobody knows if he did the later searches to make it look like she was doing the searching. The suggestion that he tried to make it look like she was doing the searches is nothing more than a wild theory that was pulled out of thin air by people here.

Why is it a wild theory? You think it's preposterous he would have been searching as Nancy because you know that would directly link to his guilt? Isn't it just as wild to think he was doing online searches for jobs in Canada instead of real-time searches for his missing wife??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member