State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe anyone who did not suspect BC before could overlook the fact that he was looking for flights to, and jobs in, Canada... while Nancy was missing. Whether he was looking for himself, or especially if he was trying to make it look as though Nancy was doing the searches herself...wow.

I'm there with you, jmflu

Is it possible he returned a report of his findings to the lead Detective and he will testify to these things? Just trying to think out loud.

He had his official report all typed up, but he being the expert, he would need to answer Kurtz on cross.

bring it Brad...Chris Gribble thought he did really good on cross...but he didn't
Kurtz cannot prevent Brad from taking the stand if thats what Brad wants

I cannot imagine that would be what he would want!!!

bring it Brad...Chris Gribble thought he did really good on cross...but he didn't
Kurtz cannot prevent Brad from taking the stand if thats what Brad wants

I am sure Kurtz would produce a truck load of kittens if Brad insisted on testifying. I hope he does--would love for him to actually.

Did all of the undercover people finish their testimony today so that tomorrow morning starts live again?

Did all of the undercover people finish their testimony today so that tomorrow morning starts live again?

Not sure if they finished the undercovers but they start at 1 pm tomorrow don't they?

Not sure if they finished the undercovers but they start at 1 pm tomorrow don't they?

You are right. I had forgotten about the late start.
I'm so happy you guys keep me straight on so many things.
Thank you!!

This computer evidence is driving me nuts. Why would Kurtz throw such a major fit over the FBI inspection and go so far as to openly accuse CPD of tampering with the computer files? All that does is draw the jurors into believing the defense is covering for something really sinister their client did on the computer. If he remains calm and lets it go, those 4 log-in's would probably fly under the radar with the jury (at least partially). There has to be more to the computer story...there just has to be.

My husband and I have completely different email addys. And I often times use him laptop during the daytime because it's faster than mine, newer. But I wouldn't think of reading his emails. And I know he would never think of reading mine.

My husband and I can read one another's emails or snail mail any time. It isn't an issue. We don't want to be bored, so we usually don't do it, though. If either of us suddenly wanted our privacy, one of us would be worried. The thing is, we have no secrets from one another.

Different strokes for different folks.

I am sure Kurtz would produce a truck load of kittens if Brad insisted on testifying. I hope he does--would love for him to actually.

I'm thinking more along the lines of saber tooth tigers. Regular kittens are always nice though.

Regardless if we were going through a bitter divorce, etc., my husband would NOT be scheming around to listen to phone calls, read my private mail, etc. If anything, he's honest to a fault. When we were first married, many moons ago, I was so young, just barely 19. And we had to buy a car, used car in those days. We had a trade-in, 'even more USED car.' :) We find a car, sales guy ask's, 'what have you got to trade in?' and poor hubby says "oh nothing, it's a piece of junk, burns oil, yadda yadda yadda." Now even very young me is thinking 'this isn't the way it's supposed to work here'. Guy offers us 50 bucks for piece of junk trade in. So we go to another used car lot, and on the way there I say to hubby "You aren't supposed to diss our trade in to the guy'. 'That's what they do, they diss our trade in, not us.' I tell him, at the next place, you just give him the year, make and model of our trade in, nothing more, nothing about 'piece of junk, burns oil, etc.' So at the next place, when we say "we have a '65 Impala, four speed, hard top.' Sales guy says "we'll give you $500 bucks for it.' All this to say, 'some people just have integrity, sometimes to a fault, while others don't.' My husband can't ever sell anything of ours. He would tell you every last detail on it. He couldn't lie if his life depended upon it.

I've been accused of being honest to a fault myself - but when I suspected my wife of an affair - the anxious part of my brain took over and I started to monitor her online activity (including her email). Human beings are emotional creatures by design and under extreme stress we do things that we otherwise would not. I'm not proud of that behavior and in hindsight I ask myself "what were you thinking, dude!" - but there was something about my brain that couldn't deal with "not knowing". Heck - my wife did the same with me when I got too cozy (virtually) with an ex-girlfriend I reconnected through Facebook. In stressful situations like that we're driven to do things we normally wouldn't - monitoring email, following our mates to their secret rendezvous points, and in some cases unfortunately...violence.

I've told this story many, many times with various divorced folk across the country, and a vast majority sympathize with this story with many adding - "been there, done that."

Wasn't Brad really dumb to say NC went running by 7 a.m. and then do searches at 8:42 a.m. that would attempt to make it look like NC was searching on the internet? I can't get over how dumb he was at some points.

This computer evidence is driving me nuts. Why would Kurtz throw such a major fit over the FBI inspection and go so far as to openly accuse CPD of tampering with the computer files? All that does is draw the jurors into believing the defense is covering for something really sinister their client did on the computer. If he remains calm and lets it go, those 4 log-in's would probably fly under the radar with the jury (at least partially). There has to be more to the computer story...there just has to be.

I agree JTF. Where are the internet searches that relate to Fielding drive? Where are the visits to the Toll Brothers website? Where are the URL's that are more concrete than google searches for air-canada?

Did they even go into what was done on the computer during the 4 log ins? How do you bring that up to the jury and not go into detail? I thought for sure there would be more damming evidence, like perhaps computer activity in the middle of the night.

Everyone made a big deal of him asking for DBAN software. Was there any evidence of this on the computer? Was it used?

Wasn't Brad really dumb to say NC went running by 7 a.m. and then do searches at 8:42 a.m. that would attempt to make it look like NC was searching on the internet? I can't get over how dumb he was at some points.

To clarify, did he do the searches on her PC at that time?

I've been accused of being honest to a fault myself - but when I suspected my wife of an affair - the anxious part of my brain took over and I started to monitor her online activity (including her email). Human beings are emotional creatures by design and under extreme stress we do things that we otherwise would not. I'm not proud of that behavior and in hindsight I ask myself "what were you thinking, dude!" - but there was something about my brain that couldn't deal with "not knowing". Heck - my wife did the same with me when I got too cozy (virtually) with an ex-girlfriend I reconnected through Facebook. In stressful situations like that we're driven to do things we normally wouldn't - monitoring email, following our mates to their secret rendezvous points, and in some cases unfortunately...violence.

I've told this story many, many times with various divorced folk across the country, and a vast majority sympathize with this story with many adding - "been there, done that."

This was the point I was trying to make about relationships where there is alot of distrust but everyone started comparing their own relationships as if that's remotely comparable to the disaster that was the Cooper marriage.

How many times have we heard stories of girls looking on their boyfriends cell phones because they suspect he's screwing around. How is that not the same thing? The point is, while it's wrong, it does happen.

I agree JTF. Where are the internet searches that relate to Fielding drive? Where are the visits to the Toll Brothers website? Where are the URL's that are more concrete than google searches for air-canada?

Did they even go into what was done on the computer during the 4 log ins? How do you bring that up to the jury and not go into detail? I thought for sure there would be more damming evidence, like perhaps computer activity in the middle of the night.

You would think so right. Didn't they say he was arrested and charged with murder based on info found on the computer?

Thats not a suprise - kitten Kurtz sure put a web page awfully quick to show Brad at HT 2 times after 6 am to fight off the rumor of a trip at 0420 to buy bleach. Problem was guess they thought no one would notice the difference in the shoes or the shirt from one trip to the next. Or that the cops would see the car coming from differing directions either.

ET - Le never did find those shoes did they ?

He didn't change shirts between trips. And no, but apparently the prosecution thinks he wasn't wearing either pair since they tested and presented evidence on his running shoes.

Could that be why the defense brought up the potential changing of timestamps? What if those searches were done at 6:42 am. That would give us a completely different case. I am interested to hear more testimony on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966