State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda like JA telling LE that NC left her car and cell phone at home before she went over and saw that they were there?

I thought she went over to the Cooper house before she called the police. Did she call from her home?

During the execution of the search warrant at the Cooper residence, Brad Cooper was staying with S.H. at his house. I wonder if Cooper had some way or method of accessing his own IBM laptop, that was still on the cisco network, remotely, during those hrs until the laptop was powered off and taken into CPD custody.

Not without an access trail.

I'm curious just how many serious character flaws have to be displayed before those who 'just don't think Brad could be a killer' or words to that effect, might have second thoughts on the matter? We aren't talking about little indescretions here, we are talking serious *character flaws* IMO.

Who here has said that they "just don't think Brad could be a killer"? I may have missed it but I don't remember hearing anyone saying anything like that.

During the execution of the search warrant at the Cooper residence, Brad Cooper was staying with S.H. at his house. I wonder if Cooper had some way or method of accessing his own IBM laptop, that was still on the cisco network, remotely, during those hrs until the laptop was powered off and taken into CPD custody.

Yes, it is called Remote Desktop.

Ok, we now know Brad lied when he clearly said he went to sleep at 8PM and woke only to hear Nancy come in at 12:30AM.

Now we now know he logged into his bracoop@ account 4 times from 10PM until 12AM. I left early....I think I recall there was only evidence of unlocking the computer 4 times, but not if there was specific web activity?
There seems to be something very sinister implied, as Kurtz had an entire litter of kittens this morning whining to the judge about this being the "strongest part of the state's case" and he was caught off guard with the FBI protocol for computer forensics.
Hmmm. Sure hope we hear a lot more on these 4 computer log-ins. If not, it is weak and so goes the state's case in chief.

Kinda like JA telling LE that NC left her car and cell phone at home before she went over and saw that they were there?

Kinda like that for sure :D Also kinda like Brad saying he needed the kids for a diversion, guess that big ole tv parked infront of their door worked really well as a diversion for the kids. I keep seeing that picture and thinking, he kept his kids just like he kept Nancy - trapped.

Now we now know he logged into his bracoop@ account 4 times from 10PM until 12AM. I left early....I think I recall there was only evidence of unlocking the computer 4 times, but not if there was specific web activity?

The prosec. didn't ask the witness any questions about what specifically was being done when the computer was accessed 4 times between 10pm and 12am. He just emphasized that Cooper's computer would time out if there was no activity for 10 min and he would have to log back on by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and entering his password.

I don't know why they didn't elicit testimony from this witness about what was being done on the computer at those times. I don't understand the logic in how the state is presenting their case and why certain witnesses aren't the ones to testify to certain evidence, when it appears that witness would be the logical one to do so.

Hi, long-time lurker here. I truly appreciate the thoughtful discussion in this forum and the wide-ranging points of view re: this case. It's given me lots of good food for thought. You all rock!

I find all of the Internet activity while the search for NC was going on simply bizarre. Having lived through the nightmare of a family member gone missing, it's hard for me to imagine being able to sit at a computer while that person's still out there, Lord knows what's happened to them, thoughts racing re: where they could possibly have gone, anxiety growing exponentially by the minute as you recount every little detail and wonder whether you've given the police all of the information you possibly can to help find them -- hopefully alive! It's a horrifying experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Also, my ex- and I have been divorced for a long time, and there's certainly no love lost between us, but if (God forbid) something were ever to happen to him, it would still upset me deeply because of the pain it would cause to our children, and I would do whatever I could to help.

Just my 2 cents ...

I cannot believe anyone who did not suspect BC before could overlook the fact that he was looking for flights to, and jobs in, Canada... while Nancy was missing. Whether he was looking for himself, or especially if he was trying to make it look as though Nancy was doing the searches herself...wow.

The prosec. didn't ask the witness any questions about what specifically was being done when the computer was accessed 4 times between 10pm and 12am. He just emphasized that Cooper's computer would time out if there was no activity for 10 min and he would have to log back on by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and entering his password.

I don't know why they didn't elicit testimony from this witness about what was being done on the computer at those times. I don't understand the logic in how the state is presenting their case and why certain witnesses aren't the ones to testify to certain evidence, when it appears that witness would be the logical one to do so.

Sounds like he was monitoring the upgrade that was supposed to happen that evening.

This same FBI agent who read scores of e-mails on the stand Monday and was prepared to testify about the suicide website he saved back in 2/08. It would have been expected he would have revealed further evidence of what his forensic exam revealed on the IBM laptop. He was the big computer gun and is apparently done with his testimony. Very disappointing, to say the least.

Plans were already established for the kids and Nancy to go swimming around 1pm with their mother. Meeting up with HP at the pool. Those plans had not been canceled or altered as of the morning of July 12. Nancy never went running. She was dead and discarded before 7am.

Yes, there has been testimony that NC and the kids were scheduled to go swimming with HP on 7/12/08. However, has there been testimony that BC was actually aware of those plans?

It was also testified to that NC told BC at the Friday evening party that it was his weekend with the kids. Given that, it is completely reasonable that he would be searching kid friendly venues on Sat morning.

Madeleine, were you in the courtroom today?
I'm sorry if this has already been answered.....my own memory just doesn't hold much any more.

Yes, there has been testimony that NC and the kids were scheduled to go swimming with HP on 7/12/08. However, has there been testimony that BC was actually aware of those plans?

It was also testified to that NC told BC at the Friday evening party that it was his weekend with the kids. Given that, it is completely reasonable that he would be searching kid friendly venues on Sat morning.

The testimony was that Nancy said to him at the party when he arrived, "you're on kid duty the rest of the night!" This was right after she told him off in the backyard of DD house.

This same FBI agent who read scores of e-mails on the stand Monday and was prepared to testify about the suicide website he saved back in 2/08. It would have been expected he would have revealed further evidence of what his forensic exam revealed on the IBM laptop. He was the big computer gun and is apparently done with his testimony. Very disappointing, to say the least.

Is it possible he returned a report of his findings to the lead Detective and he will testify to these things? Just trying to think out loud.

She said he was on "kid duty" Friday night. I don't know that I've heard any testimony that she told him he had the kids for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member