State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for bringing up the painting plans and Brad's lack of knowledge about them. He said in his deposition he did not know about any plans Nancy had that Sat morning and he said he did not know that Nancy was planning to be at JA's house on Sat. Yet on Fri morning he goes to Lowe's and purchases a plastic dropcloth and in opening statements Kurtz states Brad purchased it for Nancy's painting at JA's house.

Lie by Brad and Lie by Kurtz.

Why is that a lie? That doesn't have to be the only time she was going to paint. He knew she was painting earlier in the week. I will admit that Brad is a liar, but I don't see how this is a lie.

So, let me get this straight. He works all day. He comes home. She puts her hand out for her $300 allowance and then leaves to go drink with her friends. Hmmmmm....doesn't sound like she wanted to try to make it work either. She should have left a long time ago. Apparently she felt this way after his affair with HM. So - why did she have another child with him if he was "that bad" to her?

He works all day at a company, she worked all day with the children. He had all the money, so he had to give her money in order for her to have any. It's not that she was some spoiled party girl, it's that they don't get along, so she doesn't want to be around him. I do know that people have their ups and downs, though, and apparently during an "up" time they conceived K. Clearly, if they were "back" in hate mode, they were not in hate mode at some point.

Also, if he killed this woman and covered it up....and walks....he should offer his services out to the FBI.

So true. If he did this, he was remarkable (and genuis) with his ability to cover up every single step.

She also had another child with him way before she knew about HM. She didnt know till New Years 2008 according to testimony. Everything may have been "okay" and "tolerable" with them in 2007.. when he graduated everything seemed okay... so they sat down with the builder for that new house in 2007 December.. and then never went through with it according to their realtor.. so having another kid with him was before it got BAD it seems.

But she called her mother on New Years' Eve (2000 or 2001) saying she thought she made a mistake in her marriage. She brought another man to her sister's wedding.....Things were not ever peachy it seems with the Cuppers.

But he had her cell in the drawer, he definitely had the number there..he knew right where it was when the detective asked him for it.

How could her cell be in the drawer when JA saw it in her car? hmmm...

I lived down the street from Lochmere for 10 years and actually moved to Garner in 2009. .Cary was no that safe.. definitely sketchy people walking around but it was just an average town.. maybe less crime then average according to statistics.. but I agree with you about feeling not that safe there..

Cary had always had this image of being "Mayberry". I moved from Raleigh to Cary 8 years ago. Throughout the years I have seen a lot of sketchy people along our greenways, trails and general running areas. I never used to run with a cell phone or dog. Now - I would not run without either. There have been many times I have begun to dial 911 on my runs because of the feeling that someone was following me.

So - I think there is a strong possibility that NC's demise could have been because a senseless act of random violence. I look at it this way - if BC and NC were getting along and she went out for a routine run and never returned back, would we all really be looking at BC as a strong candidate for murder?

Me either. I'm so so so glad that there are people in Nancy's corner. I hope her family feels the love from those very, very good friends of Nancy's and I hope they are feeling that the police and staff, FBI, and DA's office have and are doing everything they possibly can to bring justice for Nancy. All those officers, investigators, detectives, experts, and grand jury panel weren't wrong. I hope Nancy's family knows that even complete strangers feel Nancy's life mattered, was important, was valuable and that she didn't deserve to be thrown away like trash and be trashed from other insensitive strangers as if she asked for her fate. Nancy's first mistake was falling in love with a damaged person. Her second mistake was not following through with her instinct in the first year of her marriage that it was a mistake and took that chance to remove herself from the monster. Her third mistake was underestimating the evilness she lived with.

:clap:

Nancy is dead. Murdered. Taken away from those two beautiful daughters of hers. Exactly what I'm getting from some of the postings here - a rotten mother; a rotten wife and that she pretty much deserved it.

I've never seen such complete belief in innocence with no connection to the defendant. It's unfailing, unwavering, and unending. I just can't get it!

It's human nature to put NC on a pedestal and paint BC as a horrible human being simply because she is the victim and he is the defendant. It's the prosecution's job to paint BC in the worst possible light because that's all the evidence they have to convict...there is no smoking gun. Reality is that Brad wasn't nearly the monster everyone is making him out to be, and NC, well...was far from perfect herself. That's why this case is so polarizing.

Thanks for bringing up the painting plans and Brad's lack of knowledge about them. He said in his deposition he did not know about any plans Nancy had that Sat morning and he said he did not know that Nancy was planning to be at JA's house on Sat. Yet on Fri morning he goes to Lowe's and purchases a plastic dropcloth and in opening statements Kurtz states Brad purchased it for Nancy's painting at JA's house.

Lie by Brad and Lie by Kurtz.

Let's hope the jurors caught this lie, among his many others.

Well the demographics and violent crime stats in Cary certainly don't support being labeled "not safe"...far from it. I suppose a van of transient hispanics could have snatched her off the street, but if the witnesses are correct, there were a lot of people out and about that morning, so such a brazen crime seems very far fetched.

He works all day at a company, she worked all day with the children. He had all the money, so he had to give her money in order for her to have any. It's not that she was some spoiled party girl, it's that they don't get along, so she doesn't want to be around him. I do know that people have their ups and downs, though, and apparently during an "up" time they conceived K. Clearly, if they were "back" in hate mode, they were not in hate mode at some point.

Sounds like she had been in "hate mode" for many years. Why not leave? Why subject your innocent children to witnessing the screaming, fighting etc? It sounds like NC wanted to be a part of that "elite Lochmere" club of women, but did not have the finances to do so. She wanted to live the dream, but wasn't willing to compromise anything for it.

why would brad need to look up mike hiller's phone number

Maybe he doesn't keep an address book. I had a weird moment this weekend. I was on the North Carolina coast at Camp Seagull with my 8 year old daughter (Y-Princesses spring outing). On Saturday, I was unable to reach my wife for several hours (she was home with our 2 year old). I tried several times on her cell and on the home phone. I then tried to remember the numbers of our friends to call because I don't have them programmed in my cell or written down anywhere. I couldn't remember any. Then I actually thought about this site and had a moment where if something had happened to her, the google searches on my computer would be very suspect. Of course, I've googled tons of things during this trial because of things brought up on this trial (one yesterday was sexual assualt without vaginal trauma...that would have been fun to explain). Anyways, she was having breakfast with a friend and didn't have her cell phone with her. But I'm sure there would have been a websleuths page discussing my google searches if something had happened to her.

But she called her mother on New Years' Eve (2000 or 2001) saying she thought she made a mistake in her marriage. She brought another man to her sister's wedding.....Things were not ever peachy it seems with the Cuppers.

True, seems as though it was a rocky start because she moved to another country with him and was lonely according to her family. This is now 7 or 8 years later though.. they were together for a long time if you think about it, usually 7-8 years go by and you don't remember much.. and have forgiven..

It's human nature to put NC on a pedestal and paint BC as a horrible human being simply because she is the victim and he is the defendant. It's the prosecution's job to paint BC in the worst possible light because that's all the evidence they have to convict...there is no smoking gun. Reality is that Brad wasn't nearly the monster everyone is making him out to be, and NC, well...was far from perfect herself. That's why this case is so polarizing.

I agree with you. But my impressions of him came long before the pros told me what to think of him. They came from seeing the things he did and didn't do and listening to my intuition.

Well the demographics and violent crime stats in Cary certainly don't support being labeled "not safe"...far from it. I suppose a van of transient hispanics could have snatched her off the street, but if the witnesses are correct, there were a lot of people out and about that morning, so such a brazen crime seems very far fetched.

Really? I actually live here in Lochmere. I actually run in the same areas. I actually witness the tons of gang graffiti along our greenways. I have actually called the CDP to bring attention to this. Any you know what? They didn't do a damn thing about it. Cary has a way of covering up its crimes. I had a friend who live along a greenway, in a very nice part of Cary. Some drunken low life crawled into her home's crawlspace and lit a fire - for no reason. So - don't tell me that random acts of violence can NOT happen in Cary.

Cary had always had this image of being "Mayberry". I moved from Raleigh to Cary 8 years ago. Throughout the years I have seen a lot of sketchy people along our greenways, trails and general running areas. I never used to run with a cell phone or dog. Now - I would not run without either. There have been many times I have begun to dial 911 on my runs because of the feeling that someone was following me.

So - I think there is a strong possibility that NC's demise could have been because a senseless act of random violence. I look at it this way - if BC and NC were getting along and she went out for a routine run and never returned back, would we all really be looking at BC as a strong candidate for murder?

What evidence exists that this was a random stranger that murdered her?

Sounds like she had been in "hate mode" for many years. Why not leave? Why subject your innocent children to witnessing the screaming, fighting etc? It sounds like NC wanted to be a part of that "elite Lochmere" club of women, but did not have the finances to do so. She wanted to live the dream, but wasn't willing to compromise anything for it.

Why not leave? That's what this entire trial is about. She couldn't leave! No money! No passports! She couldn't work either!

Great post johnfear. Thank you for your insight. It's very interesting that defense has not had access to so many things despite all their efforts to gain full discovery in court again and again before the trial began. How much do you think it has impacted their ability to defend their client? It's tough for us not knowing how important some of the things are that defense didn't get to see before trial.

Me either. I'm so so so glad that there are people in Nancy's corner. I hope her family feels the love from those very, very good friends of Nancy's and I hope they are feeling that the police and staff, FBI, and DA's office have and are doing everything they possibly can to bring justice for Nancy. All those officers, investigators, detectives, experts, and grand jury panel weren't wrong. I hope Nancy's family knows that even complete strangers feel Nancy's life mattered, was important, was valuable and that she didn't deserve to be thrown away like trash and be trashed from other insensitive strangers as if she asked for her fate. Nancy's first mistake was falling in love with a damaged person. Her second mistake was not following through with her instinct in the first year of her marriage that it was a mistake and took that chance to remove herself from the monster. Her third mistake was underestimating the evilness she lived with.
I don't follow. First of all, I've said several times that I think that Brad probably did it and I'm sure that he's going to be convicted.

But, I don't understand your implication that those who don't think that he is guilty somehow don't think that Nancy's life mattered or was important or do think that she deserved to be "thrown away like trash".

Are you only allowed to feel horrible for Nancy, the children, and her family if you are convinced that Brad did it? Is it not possible that you do think her life was valuable and you want to see the right person punished for it and you don't think that Brad is that right person?

Again, I'm not in the "he's innocent" crowd, but I think it is grossly unfair to suggest that those who have already convicted Brad have the market cornered on sympathy for the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member