State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it strike anybody as really odd that Brad was googling job opportunities in Edmenton on July 13 and booking information for Canada Air on July 14 besides me? While his wife was still missing?

I run along Lochmere Drive from Cary Pkwy- down to Kildair, along Regency Lake, down Lily Atkins (very close to the area of Fielding Drive), behind the greenway off of Cary Pkwy. Yes. I have seen quite a few "sketchy" people. They are there. Depends on the time of day you run / walk. There have been many mornings that I am the only 1 out running along these paths. It is not like everyone joins in a does a neighborhood run. There are not always people out and about running / walking in these areas at all times during the day.

Let me just ask - why is it so unreasonable to think that this could have been a random act of violence? Why?

Since you believe it was most likely a "sketchy" random act of violence and the real killer wasn't arrested, you still run/walk by yourself at odd hours and be the only person on the path? And with all that crime in Cary and inept police you are really taking your chances. Not picking an argument, but shouldn't you be more careful.

And yet it was testified to that at one point before April '08 he even suggested Nancy take the children back to Canada and he never wanted to see either of the three of them again.

I can only speak from what I personally saw. BC seemed to dote on those children A LOT more than NC did when I saw them at the pool, clubs, etc. He definitely did a lot of the hands on parenting. Again, that is from what I observed when I saw them (which was typically on the weekends)

So - don't believe it when someone claims that he said he wouldn't want to see his children again. I think that is a complete lie

Originally Posted by SleuthinNC
How could her cell be in the drawer when JA saw it in her car? hmmm...

My point being - he didn't call her cell because he retrieved it from her car and brought it into the house. He knew she didn't have her phone - he didn't call her. He knew she was dead.

This doesn't make sense in the time line. JA stated she saw the phone in NC's car when she arrived at the Cooper house on 7/12 while she was waiting for the CPD. She did not leave. The CPD arrived and did not leave before BC arrived back at the house. The officer went into the house with BC. While the officer was interviewing BC, the topic of NC's phone came up and BC went over and took it out of the drawer in the house.

IOW, whatever JA saw in the car was not NC's cell phone. A couple of weeks ago when this came up, a couple of posters thought that it may have been an old phone that NC let the kids play with in the car that JA saw. I haven't seen an inventory of that car so it is hard to be sure.

Does it strike anybody as really odd that Brad was googling job opportunities in Edmenton on July 13 and booking information for Canada Air on July 14 besides me? While his wife still missing?

"missing" is the key word.....just the very next day.
Sounds like he was planning phase 2 in his life right off the bat.

Since you believe it was most likely a "sketchy" random act of violence and the real killer wasn't arrested, you still run/walk by yourself at odd hours and be the only person on the path? And with all that crime in Cary and inept police you are really taking your chances. Not picking an argument, but shouldn't you be more careful.

No - if you read my posts a while back I saw I run ALWAYS with my dog (trust me - you wouldn't want to mess with me when I have him around) AND my cell phone. And - I NEVER said that run at odd hours. But, yes, even on major greenways at times I am the only runner / walker regardless of the time. I don't think I could be more careful unless I had a CDP detective running with me. Ya think?

I had that same thought; that she would have run with her keys because she drove to meet CC to go run. Also, noone mentioned that she had her keys with her at the neighbors the night before (unless she had a purse and they were in her purse but that hasn't been mentioned either.)

Well, the testimony said she always had or hid the keys so Brad could not get in her car....don't forget that was where she locked her purse to keep it from him.

Ok, let me get this right.

GOOD dad / BAD husband / DEAD wife

I DO think he killed NC.

WOW - to all of those "BAD" husbands out there - keep tabs on your wife because if she ever goes missing for any reason, you are a goner. Off to jail you go - regardless of evidence or not.

BS probably.

He is quite a good actor. Because I saw them for years. And he always "acted" like he truly enjoyed being around his kids. Is it that odd to believe that he truly was a good father? What evidence points otherwise?

This is not a "negative" response to your view. I, however, have always found it very difficult to say someone is a "good" father if he doesn't respect and hopefully cherish the mother of his children.

BC may be one of those socially inept people who relate more easily to children than other adults. IDK....obviously this "measure of goodness" goes both ways, so I don't crown either of the C's as parent of the year.

There were 3 gals going. They probably planned to share one room. I would not assume that Brad was going to be paying for that room. Further, the VA Beach marathon is a very popular and crowded race. Room reservations might be hard to come by 4 weeks out from the race. I know people who sign up for that race 4 to 6 months in advance and book a hotel room immediately because the closer to the race it gets, the more difficult it is to find a room. I do not buy that Brad was looking to find a room for his wife on July 12th for a race she was running in Aug.

He was probably canceling her reservations since he knew she was no longer able to run the marathon.

I agree with you. But my impressions of him came long before the pros told me what to think of him. They came from seeing the things he did and didn't do and listening to my intuition.

any chance that intuition can help me with the stock market and my 401K?

No - if you read my posts a while back I saw I run ALWAYS with my dog (trust me - you wouldn't want to mess with me when I have him around) AND my cell phone. And - I NEVER said that run at odd hours. But, yes, even on major greenways at times I am the only runner / walker regardless of the time. I don't think I could be more careful unless I had a CDP detective running with me. Ya think?

Just glad you do take precautions. It's an ugly world out there. It's a shame that so many people are killed in the very place they should be the safest - their home - and by the people they should trust the most - their spouse.

WOW - to all of those "BAD" husbands out there - keep tabs on your wife because if she ever goes missing for any reason, you are a goner. Off to jail you go - regardless of evidence or not.

All I was doing was responding to your statement that Brad was such a great dad...so much so, you couldn't see him doing it.

Just like random violence in Cary....Good dads and good husbands sometimes kill their wives.

Does it strike anybody as really odd that Brad was googling job opportunities in Edmenton on July 13 and booking information for Canada Air on July 14 besides me? While his wife was still missing?
Yeah. But, I also found it kind of bizarre the way he Googled it (assuming the WRAL tweet was correct, word for word). Who in the world would google "book air canada.com"? Why wouldn't you go to Expedia, Travelocity, Kayak, Priceline, etc? Or if you really wanted to go Air Canada, why not just put aircanada.com as the URL? Just kind of weird.

What makes you think that NC had MH's phone number?

Wasn't the testimony that he signed onto the laptop to do a search on Whitepages.com to find MH's number? That he used supposedly Nancy's log on? I don't recall reading that he looked for it in her phone. Maybe he was downstairs where that computer was and maybe that the log on he used was the family log on, maybe they didn't have separate log on's for that computer.

I run along Lochmere Drive from Cary Pkwy- down to Kildair, along Regency Lake, down Lily Atkins (very close to the area of Fielding Drive), behind the greenway off of Cary Pkwy. Yes. I have seen quite a few "sketchy" people. They are there. Depends on the time of day you run / walk. There have been many mornings that I am the only 1 out running along these paths. It is not like everyone joins in a does a neighborhood run. There are not always people out and about running / walking in these areas at all times during the day.

Let me just ask - why is it so unreasonable to think that this could have been a random act of violence? Why?

Because the mind cannot comprehend that she was left with no shoes or socks, nothing but a bra that was rolled UNDER (which only happens when you put it ON, not when you take it OFF) and a pair of diamond earrings in her ears, with no evidence of sexual assault! What kind of sense does that make? ?

And yet it was testified to that at one point before April '08 he even suggested Nancy take the children back to Canada and he never wanted to see either of the three of them again.

People going through a divorce will often say/do things they don't really mean out of hurt/anger (I can personally relate to this). Do you really believe he never wanted to see his kids again? I mean seriously, he opened himself up big time by fighting for custody of them.

Well, the testimony said she always had or hid the keys so Brad could not get in her car....don't forget that was where she locked her purse to keep it from him.

Yes. I could see that she would have hidden them. Don't get me wrong. I think the evidence shows that he committed this crime but there are some "always" and "nevers" that don't seem to hold true. I don't think she left that morning to run by herself. She had already told CC that she couldn't run on Saturday. If she wanted a quick run to blow off some steam I believe she would have driven to LTF and run on the treadmill. There is absolutely nothing about his story regarding that Saturday morning that rings any kind of truth for me from this rather large man sleeping between two small children in that little bed (in his deposition he stated that he left the marital bed to sleep in the guest room when B was two because she kicked and he couldn't get a good night's sleep) to waiting two hours to decide to go get milk for a crying child. I believe he killed her and I'm in a minority in believing that they have enough evidence without the so called "smoking gun". I've seen people convicted on a lot less. But I guess that's up to the jury.

Yes, that is very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members