State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe his suicide-site visit was to investigate strangulation - and he specifically selected that particular site for added attention after the research - could show "sad" he was; his (then) mindset, etc. Who the heck really knows??

Laughable, actually. Doesn't give NC a brass farthing - and yet - just goes off and buys her the drop cover for a paint job he didn't know was planned?

Gimme a break!

I never anticipated, after being disappointed day after day, that this afternoon would be the day for this smoking evidence!

But when he realized, end of May, that this was not going to be a quick solution, and we know things were not happy in that house, his plans changed. He had the week before vacation to work out a plan, and I think he knew all along that he would do it on that Friday evening, knowing a party was happening and she would likely stay out late.

dramamama - hi and good post; snipped and the bold is mine. Made me think.

And yes, I do think he had a good couple of weeks to "case the joint" while NC was on vac. Perhaps he did drive to the location - but when NC was away ... and it was on whatever shoes he was wearing *that time* that matching mica samples were discovered. BC threw away everything he had on the might of the crime.

But! BC didn't stop to think for a moment that he best discard whatever shoes he wore when previewing the area; be it days/weeks or even months before!

Note: JMHO!

Hope you had a birthday celebration tonight!
I would love to be in the courtroom tomorrow myself. I keep thinking I'll go and then decide at the last moment not to.

Yessss! Go, go, go! And make sure you take your phone and drink lots of water. We're gonna need all your loo-breaks for the updates :D

j/k ...

.... snipped:

...that when JA came in and foibled with the plan ....

This is all speculative....just thinking out loud.

Of that, IMOO, I have no doubt ... JA's hinky meter screamed off its brackets... plunging BC into perhaps a newer, deeper and unknown depth of resentment and anger. Something I believe he's been controlling most severely for 2yrs and 10 months odd.

JA was not supposed to feature anywhere near his horizon that day ...

No, not done with my replies; just shutting up already in case I get sent to the corner, lol. Actually, it's because of you guys; your fault: you provide rich fodder for a hungry poster! Tku one, tku all... see you on the roundabout.

Polk :)

PS: whomsoever posted that song by Charlie Rich? Grrrr, thanks! It's been non-stop in my head all day! Lol

I have seen it too. Maybe we should try to get the laws changed to protect the women and children who leave. Some of NC's laws are antiquated.

This is an excellent idea. It could be Nancy's Law.

She advised it because it is the law....you leave the home the other person can claim you abandoned the family. In NC you have to live together 1 year before divorce is granted. Not defending the law, but that is the law.

No, that's not the law. The 1 year clock is you need to live separately for 1 year for the divorce to be final. When I was in NC my brother in law separated from his wife and moved out (with the kid) and was still able to retain custody (she was a whack job of a mom). The divorce was granted 12 mos after he left.

Ya know..I just wish along with Nancy's lawyers advise, she had of mentioned to change her password weekly..just to be on the safeside!! OKay you Family Law Lawyers..Listen up..Make that a part of your advise!! TY..keep your clients safe!! :twocents:

I don't think this had anything to do with a password. It was a backdoor type of things. He had it programmed to forward with the email settings. He wasn't logging into her email and entering a password.

Until I am shown evidence that proves it was not her, I believe it was her. No, I don't think he spoofed it. I don't think he did a search on Fielding Drive either once you read comments of what was actually said in the court today. All the witness said was it appeared to be Fielding Drive when questioned, despite some news sites on air reports.

That's interesting!

I just [inexplicably] watched that episode. 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. But, anyway, the points that Kurtz and Zell were making were intentionally different and the judge didn't understand the technology enough to appreciate the difference.

Basically, you have:

thinkpad_disk -> software_magic -> human_readable_info

Now, Kurtz was arguing that it was actually:

thinkpad_disk -> state's_software_magic -> state's_human_readable_info

and

thinkpad_disk -> defense's_software_magic -> defense's_human_readable_info

And that state's_human_readable_info and defense's_human_readable_info were different and that he hadn't had an opportunity to see states's_human_readable_info and therefore he didn't know how to cross examine the witness on it. So he wanted that witness's testimony and anything related to thinkpad_disk thrown out.

When he lost that battle, he switched to asking for them to at least give him either state's_software_magic or state's_human_readable_info now.

Zell's argument was, we gave them thinkpad_disk so they can get any info that they like from it. We can't give them state's_software_magic because it is top-secret and could have national security implications.

Zell did a good job of kind of muddying the waters so as to not really have to answer the question: if they can't give them state's_software_magic , why can't they at least give them the output of that magic, which is state's_human_readable_info.

Well, SleuthSayer, Zell may have done a good job muddying waters - but you did a terrific, if not an excellent job at translating geek-speak into layman's lingo for me! I'm impressed, I actually learned a little about what was all going on there! Thank you so much for the simplicity.

Two things haunted me all along in this trial: One was NC looking at home from the party that night to see if the lights were out. It seemed that she was waiting for everyone to be asleep. The second was the realtor's call that she needed to move quickly on getting a new place. Piecing them together with the testimony today makes good sense. NC obviously realized things were escalating past the point that she could handle. As was pointed out, how tragic she didn't move on her instincts faster and get out of there.

Hi cody; how painfully true. Horrible to imagine.

Since read all your posts - thanks - and I do sense there are one or 2 little teensy issues you're keen to hear more about (ditto) suffice to say <<<here's toasting ya>>> and glad to Begin the Begin .... and agree to agree; always been good dialog either side of the fence, eh? :)

Well, I have no experience with murder, but I would think that if I had at least 2 weeks to think about it, I could come up with a better plan than his. Part of why I assumed that it was not premeditated is because it was such an absurd scheme.

Exactly! You have summed up my thoughts. I'm basically off the fence now (needed some "evidence" first), but if this was premeditated he's just an idiot. And we know he's not.

If he attacked her in the foyer, do you think he was hiding there (in the dark), she walks in the front door, and he grabs her neck and strangles her. She doesn't know what hit her (so to speak) and since he's behind her she has no ability to get free. Can you even strangle from behind?

I just [inexplicably] watched that episode. 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. But, anyway, the points that Kurtz and Zell were making were intentionally different and the judge didn't understand the technology enough to appreciate the difference.

Basically, you have:

thinkpad_disk -> software_magic -> human_readable_info

Now, Kurtz was arguing that it was actually:

thinkpad_disk -> state's_software_magic -> state's_human_readable_info

and

\
thinkpad_disk -> defense's_software_magic -> defense's_human_readable_info

And that state's_human_readable_info and defense's_human_readable_info were different and that he hadn't had an opportunity to see states's_human_readable_info and therefore he didn't know how to cross examine the witness on it. So he wanted that witness's testimony and anything related to thinkpad_disk thrown out.

When he lost that battle, he switched to asking for them to at least give him either state's_software_magic or state's_human_readable_info now.

Zell's argument was, we gave them thinkpad_disk so they can get any info that they like from it. We can't give them state's_software_magic because it is top-secret and could have national security implications.

Zell did a good job of kind of muddying the waters so as to not really have to answer the question: if they can't give them state's_software_magic , why can't they at least give them the output of that magic, which is state's_human_readable_info.

I wondered the same thing. I think the judge was so confused, and he was so upset at time delays that he went with Zell's argument. It was my opinion that the method used was protected in this case but the actual product produced should be available to the defense. Zell did a great job deflecting the actual question.

Exactly! You have summed up my thoughts. I'm basically off the fence now (needed some "evidence" first), but if this was premeditated he's just an idiot. And we know he's not.

If he attacked her in the foyer, do you think he was hiding there (in the dark), she walks in the front door, and he grabs her neck and strangles her. She doesn't know what hit her (so to speak) and since he's behind her she has no ability to get free. Can you even strangle from behind?

BBM

Yes, Absolutely.

The goal is not to shut the air passing through the Trachea down, that will work, but it is harder to do, and takes longer for the victim to be unconsious.

You want to apply the pressure to both sides of the neck where the larger veins and arteries are. This slows the blood exchages to/from the brain and the victim loses consiousness. You can continue to apply the pressure there (thus the "seconds to lose consiousness, minutes to die") and the brain, being deprived of oxygenated blood, will suffer permanant damage and eventually death.

A sudden, strongish blow to the trachea near the "adams apple" will also cause death due to the trauma and swelling of the area, death by loss of oxygen, but lots of time to flail around beforehand.

In the first method, the pressure is applied for just a few seconds, and the victim passes out within a few seconds.

You can see 1.49 minutes of BC's deposition on Fielding Drive. So very interesting. First he says he has seen a map - then he says he saw the map on a news article.

Said he has 'no interest in driving past the location'.

Excellent questioning by attorney and so chilling after yesterdays revelation.

www.newsobserver.com is where you can see this pretty quickly.

BC says in depo he can't imagine Nancy running across that road - but he has never driven down Fielding.

You can see 1.49 minutes of BC's deposition on Fielding Drive. So very interesting. First he says he has seen a map - then he says he saw the map on a news article.

Hi Tipstaff! thanks for this and above. Yep, saw this earlier online. Gob-smacking that he is so cool calm and collected. Contrived. Maybe we're slowly being shown the side of him NC really knew, eh?

Hi Tipstaff! thanks for this and above. Yep, saw this earlier online. Gob-smacking that he is so cool calm and collected. Contrived. Maybe we're slowly being shown the side of him NC really knew, eh?

YW.....takes C, C and C to murder your wife and carry on cleaning, looking for a job, watching 2 small kids, ignoring the family, hugging HM, avoiding talking to the police. Initially thought this was a heat of the moment but now am thinking you are right we are seeing the side of him NC lived with and should have been so much more fearful of - the murderous side of him. Planning, plotting, controlling, cheating, deceitful etc.

Wonder how HM and Ms. France feel about BC now?

I thought I saw him swallow hard - like he was trying to force a rotten egg down his throat - when she asked him about Fielding Drive!!! And just lied through his teeth - "Um, I saw it in a news article."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966