State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF my spouse was missing, I would be on the phone with LE SEVERAL times a day. They'd probably be sick of hearing from me.

IF my spouse was missing, I would NOT refuse to go down to headquarters to answer questions. Using one's children as an excuse, when there were plenty of helpful hands who would gladly assist you, PLUS, how can you have a serious discussion about your loved one, when you have little ones to tend to?

IF my spouse was PERHAPS found, I would ask LE how it happened?

IF my spouse WAS found dead, I'd ask how it happened?

IF my spouse WAS found dead, and LE wanted to search my house, I'd sign anything they wanted, take a poly, do news conferences, anything to find out who killed my loved one.

The operative words here are 'loved one.' :mad:

When you love someone and someone else has harmed them, you don't think about the Constitution.

Sorry, human nature.

JMHO
fran

EXACTLY!

Something happens to my husband and he vanishes off the face of the planet...our home is an open book. WELCOME LE, SBI, FBI..come on in! Find him! He has all the Ids and Passwords!

There were alot of other things that pointed to the Ramseys, like the 'ransom' note for instance and the eaten fruit. Also the son was heard in the background of the 911 call IIRC. Not to get off thread, but really IMO there is NO REASON if completely innocent not to let them search your home.
Help is better than any hinderance when it comes to finding a missing person that you supposidly love.

I do understand your point. But I would respectfully disagree.

The Ramsey's were innocent. If they had not had the means to retain and keep the best lawyers, I believe they would have been wrongfully convicted of the death of their daughter, and their remaining children would have been orphaned.

At least now, we know they are innocent. But sadly, the killer is still out there. Her poor mother died not knowing if he would ever be caught.

This case is often written about as a prime example of LE getting tunnel vision. Maybe if they had considered all suspects, her death would be solved by now.

JMO

:waitasec: I find it relevant, for the toilet seat to be up in the master bathroom, since the master bedroom was Nancy's.

Maybe BC wanted to sleep in a bed that had clean sheets -- he knew that she was not coming back... He did move back in there at some time.

Brad said she wouldn't run over there because they had no sidewalks. Yet he said he'd never heard of Fielding Drive.

The officer was waiting for BC to tell him what NC was wearing, he stopped at the black and red sports bras. ???..............didn't describe any other items of clothing.

When the officer told BC they MAY have found NC, BC didn't ask the officer about her body's condition or anything.( Like, was she hit by a car? or what?)

BC refused to allow officers to search the house the day they id'd NC. Sorry, that's not good.

JMHO
fran

Why is that not good? At that point, it's a murder investigation.

Do you live right near that area? Lilly Atkins is the next road up, on the opposite side of Holly Springs Rd. Lilly Atkins is a known cut through to Lochmere.

No I don't. I live in Holly Springs but travel Holly Springs Rd frequently. I knew all the main intersections but just never paid attention to that road.

Why is that not good? At that point, it's a murder investigation.

Yup! A murder investigation. And Mr. Cooper did ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to help LE solve the crime. Heck, he didn't even describe more than her red & black sports bras for her clothing. :slap: Oh, not to mention he didn't ask how she died. :(

JMHO
fran

PS>...FWIW, I'm speaking about it not being good, from a LE stand-point. It's called 'not co-operating.' just sayin'..............

We all know Defense attorney's have big ego's and want notches in their belts, that is not a secret. They also become jaded I am sure, but they do not have the power to jail people, or power at all in the larger scheme of things. Having government sanctioned power is the issue at hand, and how it can at times cause corruption, especially when we look at how they are recognized for success.

Our legal system in the U.S. is what many other nations beg for and will never get. It's not perfect, nor are some of the people running it, but it's what we have.

How is he steering them away AFTER they found the body?

Because, when BC was told it was Fielding Dr - he said - NC never ran "there". When asked if he knew where F Dr was (then - not the depo) he said "No."

During the depo he said he hadn't been there. But he had. Virtually and physically. He Googled the spot well in advance.

And - if he'd done a recce on the area while NC was with her family or at a different time (and transferred mica on a pair of shoes he forgot all about later) ... then maybe those same mica deposits from Fielding site = and matches similar deposits on BC's (forgotten to dispose of) shoes that LE found in the SWs.

I.e. he discarded his shoes on night of the crime. BUT LE still found a pair of his shoes with similar deposits from discovery site.

Me thinks BC's a dirty lying rat!

Yup! A murder investigation. And Mr. Cooper did ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to help LE solve the crime. Heck, he didn't even describe more than her red & black sports bras for her clothing. :slap: Oh, not to mention he didn't ask how she died. :(

JMHO
fran

PS>...FWIW, I'm speaking about it not being good, from a LE stand-point. It's called 'not co-operating.' just sayin'..............

Just thought I would add on to your post. I think Brad fully realized he was the first one of the person of interest to be ruled out..and after viewing the WEbsleuth Thread that day July 12, I am sure he got an eyefull of all the accusations that coming towards him..and with that He smartly sought council..BUT for his attny's to say he was cooperating fully was strickly by the letter NOT True..He stopped talking to them (LE) after that house warrant was served..and up to that point his only cooperations was to give alot of conflicting stories which had already been shown to be les than accurate..

Just saying, W/Sleuthers no doubt gave him the headsup to get a lawyer PDQ..good advice too

No I don't. I live in Holly Springs but travel Holly Springs Rd frequently. I knew all the main intersections but just never paid attention to that road.

Ok that makes sense. And after I posted, I thought about my mom-in-law who never can give directions by street name. It's always "after the big curve in the road" or "there's a dirt road to the left, then you go down a ways...." She's lived in Sanford, NC her whole life.

It just seems odd since it is soooo close to the cut through road to his neighborhood.

Ok that makes sense. And after I posted, I thought about my mom-in-law who never can give directions by street name. It's always "after the big curve in the road" or "there's a dirt road to the left, then you go down a ways...." She's lived in Sanford, NC her whole life.

It just seems odd since it is soooo close to the cut through road to his neighborhood.

Leaving his house, I think the Lilly Atkins Rd. would be short cut to head South on Holly Springs, and perhaps not much there to go to. And maybe not much to return from, in a car.

However, it is well within his logical training area for distance cycling.

That is a terrible reason IMO. I wasn't asking what the jury would 'infer'... but what would be a legitimate reason not to let them search. As fran said, I don't think there is one and now we see why most likely.

Either way, I agree his real reason is quite clear at this point. He was hoping to avoid getting busted for his crime.

Cooper has been caught in so many lies, I don't know how anyone can believe anything he says. He claims he didn't know about Fielding Dr, never heard of it? Please. Then how did he know it didn't have sidewalks?

He's toast.

Note again he described the one article of clothing Nancy was found in. Red & black sports bra. Before any info about how she was dressed was known. By a guy who said he did not see her before she left for her run.

Whether he should have known or didnt know doesnt really matter..The fact he had a map on his computer (July 11th) prior to Nancys disappearance means he wasnt telling the truth of the matter. No more no less..

I wasn't saying that with regards to him. I'm not arguing whether he knew or not unless the defense can prove that map was someone put there after the fact. I was just saying that I've driven by there many many times and never noticed it.

ETA: Even though my opinion of this case has changed, I will continue to argue against generalizations and will still point out stuff in my life that goes against what someone should have done or known. That has little to do with Brad Cooper.

Cooper has been caught in so many lies, I don't know how anyone can believe anything he says. He claims he didn't know about Fielding Dr, never heard of it? Please. Then how did he know it didn't have sidewalks?

He's toast.

Note again he described the one article of clothing Nancy was found in. Red & black sports bra. Before any info about how she was dressed was known. By a guy who said he did not see her before she left for her run.

I have not been able to pay close attention to any testimony today, simply trying to keep up with this forum. So, perhaps I am asking a question that has already been asked.

When BC made the comments about sidewalks what was the question asked to him? Did the detectives say they found a body off of Holly Springs Rd or did they say they found a body off of Fielding Dr?

IF my spouse was missing, I would be on the phone with LE SEVERAL times a day. They'd probably be sick of hearing from me.

IF my spouse was missing, I would NOT refuse to go down to headquarters to answer questions. Using one's children as an excuse, when there were plenty of helpful hands who would gladly assist you, PLUS, how can you have a serious discussion about your loved one, when you have little ones to tend to?

IF my spouse was PERHAPS found, I would ask LE how it happened?

IF my spouse WAS found dead, I'd ask how it happened?

IF my spouse WAS found dead, and LE wanted to search my house, I'd sign anything they wanted, take a poly, do news conferences, anything to find out who killed my loved one.

The operative words here are 'loved one.' :mad:

When you love someone and someone else has harmed them, you don't think about the Constitution.

Sorry, human nature.

JMHO
fran

Especially if, in BC's words to LE, they were not divorcing, they were reconciling. It is easy to look at this through our eyes, with what we know, but LE thought according to Brad, they were working through problems and "together".

We all know Defense attorney's have big ego's and want notches in their belts, that is not a secret. They also become jaded I am sure, but they do not have the power to jail people, or power at all in the larger scheme of things. Having government sanctioned power is the issue at hand, and how it can at times cause corruption, especially when we look at how they are recognized for success.

Of all the careers on God's good Earth ... I swear I never,ever wish to be a def atty. Not because of the grueling work schedule and stress ~ but merely b/c I could never, ever take on cases where the logic screams louder than fact and I'd have to parade around up there and put everyone else on trial except my client.

Agreed there are cases where I'd work my butt off to clear a suspect's name whom I genuinely thought / felt / sensed was 100% innocent. But to go this far down the road with specimens for clients (such as Peterson X 3, Hacking, JLYoung, Skakel, Eileen Wournos, Ray Caruth, Ira Einhorn, Chris Longo, Westerfield, Blake, that sick monster who snatched Carlie Brucia, the Jaycee case, the list is endless ...) ... no way; couldn't do it. Would resign.

As for child rapists, paedophiles and murderers? Nope. They'd cease breathing in my hands. Juror? NO ... I read too much first. That's downright honest, right or wrong - just couldn't do it. Hang me for it - but I couldn't do it.

Ouch... didn't know of Fielding but said she would never run were there wasn't sidewalks. Another small slip up perhaps?

He was talking about Holly Springs Rd. No sidewalk and a very dangerous road to run/bike on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010