State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why was Brad wearing tennis shoes at Harris teeter in one video and in the next video wearing open toed shoes

But they weren't divorcing according to Brad. They were reconciling. That is the information HE gave LE. So if he was going to pretend that things were on the mend, then he should have acted accordingly.

Didn't AS testify that NC had not been in touch with her for at least a month if not more?

Hello, CyberPro!

That was me and I was mostly joking. If anyone thinks it has been tense now, just wait until Verdict Watch. Verdict Watch is when the jury has retired to the jury room to reach a verdict. Usually it is a very tense time. I saw it moreso on a couple of other boards as well as here. It get tense and some people get anxious.

MOO

The other problem is that it's a time when there is nothing new to discuss so the evidence, state presentation, defense presentation, all gets rehashed and it can create some differences of opinion.

Just got in.
Was detective Daniels a good witness?
Anything new brought in?

Just got in.
Anything new brought in?

I missed the afternoon also - work!! Can you believe that?! But I've been told that Daniels is doing a good job. Nothing new came out - nothing we didn't already now anyway. Hit the highlights videos on WRAL first - it's the scratches on the neck, the bit about the sports bra, and not allowing them to search his house with consent after Nancy's body was found. Oh, and how he "tried to cry."

That is a terrible reason IMO. I wasn't asking what the jury would 'infer'... but what would be a legitimate reason not to let them search. As fran said, I don't think there is one and now we see why most likely.

I am not saying this was in their house, but assume you had a teen child, your spouse was missing, eventually found murdered. LE came, wanted to search your house, you didn't realize it, but your child has drugs hidden in his room, or you hid some pot or coke that you hadn't thought of in 25 years. You have given the police the right to search your house, they find the drugs, now you have another problem to resolve as they lead your child out of the house for the drugs, maybe even you too. Then they start to build the case agaisnt you for the murder.

Just got in.
Anything new brought in?

We didn't see a whole lot of Det. Daniels this afternoon. Once it came back live, then a break, and then 5:00 rolled around quickly. He was slow and deliberate in his answers, Cummings is doing the direct (ugh), and he (Cummings) was a bit better in the beginning but then slowed down and acted somewhat confused a few times. Det. Daniels strikes me as being confident in what he and his fellow officers did from beginning to end. I don't think he will be bothered or intimidated by Kurtz. I think he's a bit like me and can get sidetracked easily when talking but Cummings reigned him back in a few times in a very subtle way. I like Det. Daniels and hope we will hear new testimony from him tomorrow. Most of what he said today we already had heard from the other detectives.

Just thought I would add on to your post. I think Brad fully realized he was the first one of the person of interest to be ruled out..and after viewing the WEbsleuth Thread that day July 12, I am sure he got an eyefull of all the accusations that coming towards him..and with that He smartly sought council..BUT for his attny's to say he was cooperating fully was strickly by the letter NOT True..He stopped talking to them (LE) after that house warrant was served..and up to that point his only cooperations was to give alot of conflicting stories which had already been shown to be les than accurate..

Just saying, W/Sleuthers no doubt gave him the headsup to get a lawyer PDQ..good advice too

Add to that that on the 12th, the NC's twin called him, and said "what did you do to her." and hung up.

There were alot of other things that pointed to the Ramseys, like the 'ransom' note for instance and the eaten fruit. Also the son was heard in the background of the 911 call IIRC. Not to get off thread, but really IMO there is NO REASON if completely innocent not to let them search your home.
Help is better than any hinderance when it comes to finding a missing person that you supposidly love.

Exactly -- and back to what Fran said also. I would certainly let them look, and I would pray that they find some clue as to where she(he) went. A phone number, an address, a reminder for a dr. appt, any scrap might help and mean the difference in life & death.

Didn't AS testify that NC had not been in touch with her for at least a month if not more?

I am not sure, possibly, but it was no secret to everyone else what was going on. That is my point. He had a dozen neighbors in the yard, and all of them knew of the ongoing turmoil between them, and that they were NOT reconciling.

And further, a call to an attorney is VERYexpensive. 15 minutes can run you $100, and emails count against retainers as well. What was there to talk about? How BC didn't have an attorney yet?

And further, this was part of a discussion as to whether BC was cooperating fully with LE as his attorneys were claiming, and if he wasn't, was this something that would create a red flag or be normal. On that Saturday afternoon until the body was found, LE wasn't investigating how recently she spoke to an attorney. They were looking for a missing person. And to someone claiming to be on the mend, in their eyes, he probably was not doing everything he could do to help them locate her. IMO.

I love it when people say don't talk to police, don't talk to police - and then the likes of Mark Klaas, John Walsh, and Mark (in Florida - squirly little guy across the trailer park stole the daughter and had her in the closet, then buried at back door - I'm so embarrassed I can't remember the names) parade across my brain and they never once questioned the police motives in asking them questions, never once wavered, never once hedged, never once backed up, never once went into a non-cooperative mode. Why? Because they were innocent and desperately wanted to find their loved one.

Exactly -- and back to what Fran said also. I would certainly let them look, and I would pray that they find some clue as to where she(he) went. A phone number, an address, a reminder for a dr. appt, any scrap might help and mean the difference in life & death.

And, I would offer to take a lie detector test, really anything, to get the focus off me, so they could widen their focus to others.

I love it when people say don't talk to police, don't talk to police - and then the likes of Mark Klaas, John Walsh, and Mark (in Florida - squirly little guy across the trailer park stole the daughter and had her in the closet, then buried at back door - I'm so embarrassed I can't remember the names) parade across my brain and they never once questioned the police motives in asking them questions, never once wavered, never once hedged, never once backed up, never once went into a non-cooperative mode. Why? Because they were innocent and desperately wanted to find their loved one.
Mark Lunsford. His daughter Jessica was murdered by John Couey.

I am not saying this was in their house, but assume you had a teen child, your spouse was missing, eventually found murdered. LE came, wanted to search your house, you didn't realize it, but your child has drugs hidden in his room, or you hid some pot or coke that you hadn't thought of in 25 years. You have given the police the right to search your house, they find the drugs, now you have another problem to resolve as they lead your child out of the house for the drugs, maybe even you too. Then they start to build the case agaisnt you for the murder.

Too convoluted. So, rather than a mutli-faceted, hypothetical story involving kids drugs and twists ... just use the facts in this case:

1. Healthy young mother of toddlers goes missing early one Saturday morning
2. Dire marital problems; husband known to be a control freak, a bully and abusive
3. After many warnings to and from friends, family and associates, mom returns home after a party
4. Last person to see her alive - the hostile husband - an IT communications geek/wizard
5. Suspicious alibi - but police wish to investigate

He calls a lawyer; goes into denial ... and the rest ... is history.

And? Despite a dirty house - there's a problem with LE and a photographer?

No way...

Don't have the stats, but have heard before that most adults who are missing, are missing because they want to be.

So, I would think that among other things, the cops might be looking for things to suggest that the person was planning to run away. Could be obvious stuff like passports, keys, money.... or less obvious stuff like mementos, personal papers.

MOO

They could just ask for those things, and BC gave them her phone without a SW.

Well, he did admit to Daniels that even at that time he felt he was a suspect so at that point the first thought is 'I need to get a lawyer and know my rights'. If I know I'm innocent, why would I allow LE to photograph my house. I know she didn't die there.

They were following him, the twin had accused him, there were many things to make him feel as if though he was a suspect.

Wonder if BC's daughters are here now. Wonder if they are allowed to visit him? Wonder if he still maintains contact with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member