State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Chappell: It might be something you do if trying to establish an alibi. In my career, I've seen people do the strangest things. #coopertrial

Ooopppsss!

Looks like Kurtz got toooo MUCH answer!:eek:

:great:

JMHO
fran

The only problem with this is that Fielding was never in the zip code. It's always been a Raleigh address with zip 27606. It was 27606 3 years ago.

Correct, but if you google map that Cary zip code, Fielding Drive area still comes up to the far right of the map. And I swear somewhere yesterday I read on WRAL that the map had been "moved" which I equate with clicking and dragging the map over to the Fielding area then zoomed in.

Google the zip code. You will see Holly Springs Rd on the right, and if you zoom enough you will see Fielding even if it is a different zip code.

Good Morning!

I am just now getting caught up here this morning. Remember when the trial first started and the two young women were sitting at the defense table with Kurtz and Trenkle? Judge Gessner made them move to the front row behind them. I am not sure where I heard it, but one of the young women was supposedly from the Innocence Project, and Kurtz said the other one was assisting him with looking up information. The judge made them move anyway.

I could certainly be wrong, but I think Kurtz is behind some kind of blogging campaign. I don't know why he would be, though. Kurtz had wanted his own person to film the trial in tandem with the videographer from WRAL. Maybe it was to watch later and critique his performance. IDK, but the judge denied that request as well.

There is something going on with this trial that I haven't seen in other trials. I am not even sure what it is, but I feel Kurtz has a hand in it. He wants to win at all costs, IMO.

Does anyone else have a really bad feeling that something is going on that we do not know about where the defense is concerned?

MOO's

I agree with you on this also! I had half an idea that the judge found out someone on the defense team was sending out some tweets or GOLO comments and that's what infuriated him so much. But I think there'd have been an even bigger blow up if that were true.

Just as a public service announcement with the desire to keep this thread open for great discussion, the mods have aked us several times not to discuss GOLO here.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming. :)

No a bad analogy, and you will also know that the framework of the discussion is much the same. Google jealously guards the mechanics of how their spider-bots crawl the web, and how they use that information to derive their indces. In this case, the MFT does represent the Internet, and it is the same for Google and Bing, so I Google and you use Bing. I print out the first page of my search results and you do the same. You question me about why I am showing a site that you did not see. Answer, my tool showed me this result, your tool shows you a different result. You can clearly see my result, you might not understand why your tool does not show the same thing, but that is the difference in the tool used, not the Internet that we checked.Kurtz is arguing that there are different versions of the MFT, that is not true, it would be like saying because my results are different than your results you must have looked at a different Internet. Nope, same Internet, different results. The reason is the tool used and the algorithyms used to interpret and display that data.

I am bumping this post foreward by CyberPro as formyself it explains exactly why the FBI "Tool" or "Search Engine" locates sites and data andother "Tool" or Search Engine wont. And whatever search engine the FBI uses is a guarded secret soas not to inform or educated cybercrime types to elude detection..For me it was a great ananlogy and TY CyberProp :bowdown::bow::aktion::thumb::toast::highfive:

Big hugs to you and johnfear for excellent common sense explanations!!

Regarless of the outcome of this case...or looking at it outside of this case..it's a big deal. It's a huge deal. The defense attorney sent a letter to the CPD specifically asking that the phone being handled with the utmost care because it was potentially crucial evidence to them. The CPD acknowledges getting that letter. Then it is the one piece of potential evidence that was destroyed. How is that not a big deal? And I don't care if this is Brad Cooper or whoever...that is a big deal.

IMO, it is a big deal for BC and the defense. And, for his rights as a defendant, it will be made into a big deal imo.

old court tv forum dvBulletin Message

We are conducting techinical upgrades to the In Session boards. The boards will re-open in a few hours. Please continue to check back.

- In Session Message Boards

I watched it 2 more times last night and I came away with the feeling that the defense already has the output or data from the device/method. They are arguing that they want the same device/method-- MTF table or whatever it's called-- and since that aspect of it seems to be a tool or method that belongs solely to the FBI and has never been allowed in other court cases the defense was not going to get it in this case. Zell was adamant that the defense already had the output, and the judge had ruled 8 months ago on the other aspects of the motion. Then he ruled against striking the two FBI witness's testimony. So their computer testimony stands.

We don't know what is bolded and the law, Kurtz even cited it, said the court could allow it. Zell was also avoiding the issue.

A couple of great questions/answers for the defense.

Did you contact Google to verify? No

Google is a server based application, if there was a search Google should have a record of it.

The other answer which is good for the defense, they found cookies just not a cookie for this specific search.

So all cookies were not cleared.

Just as a public service announcement with the desire to keep this thread open for great discussion, the mods have aked us several times not to discuss GOLO here.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled programming. :)

You are right and I kept thinking about that yesterday. When GOLO became the center of so much attention yesterday right in the middle of the afternoon trial it seemed impossible not to mention them if they were the reason for the judges ire.
I am going mute on that topic starting now.

I am bumping this post foreward by CyberPro as formyself it explains exactly why the FBI "Tool" or "Search Engine" locates sites and data andother "Tool" or Search Engine wont. And whatever search engine the FBI uses is a guarded secret soas not to inform or educated cybercrime types to elude detection..For me it was a great ananlogy and TY CyberProp :bowdown::bow::aktion::thumb::toast::highfive:

Big hugs to you and johnfear for excellent common sense explanations!!

I agree..thanks to both for explaining it in plain language. My 17 yo son would understand the technal jargon and testimony and I would still be scratching my head!

One other thing I took away from from the MFT argument by Kurtz. The judge has essentially ruled that whatever the defense has is the same or equal to what the prosecution has. If the defense brings forth an expert that can show according to our data these files were tampered with and this is how we know, there is no room for the prosecution to turn around and say, well we don't see that in our data.

So, the point is to show that the totality of the evidence indicates beyond a reasonable doubt (not no doubt) that the defendant committed the crime. To me, the prosecution has now met this burden. The task is not to show that each piece of evidence if viewed in a vacuum could have some other explanation, but rather all the evidence in the entirety. View it all in that context, and it is clear what happened.

I am respectively editing to this point only. If you truly believe what you have written above then I hope that you are never unjustly charged or suspected of a crime. My opinion has only to do with what you said above, and not this case in particular.

I asked previously, and don't think it was responded to...but what does this mean or indicate?

I am sorry. This was the first time I saw your post. I was referring to ncsu comment about the cookies for fielding were not present on the computer.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense: "Is it your theory that on July 11 Brad was searching for a place to put his wife's body?" #coopertrial

CAREFUL....

that is a loaded question. The FBI Technical guy should probably not have a theory. He analyzes data and presents findings. Interpretation is not up to him, nor are theories about why the data exists...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654