State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed in BC's depo when they asked him about Nancy being found on Fielding drive he tried to act like he barely knew it existed and had only a hazy knowledge of it from news reports.

He'd lived near it for years and his wife's body was found there
. If he didn't know about it before you'd think he'd be all over it after that, given how interested he was in searching for her (hah!) before she was found you'd think he'd have an interest in gaining all knowledge possible about her murder in interest of it being solved. As unbelievable as his story about their close cooperation in handling the upset child the morning of the murder, passing her back and forth every few minutes so they could each do other things.

I'm really glad the DA has put this case together finally.

It has been kind of like watching Lost where you think this is interesting and this isn't but how can they possibly tie it all together. And then they did.

I have lived in my house for years and there was somewhere I had to go tonight so I looked it up on google and it was two turns away, less than a half mile, I had no clue, I had never heard of the road before because I never had reason to go to it.

OK, this is the first case I have followed here, so I have to ask a noob question.

I saw some posts earlier today about the "Verdict Watch" and some folks referring to duct taping their hands to their chairs to keep from posting something..

To prevent getting myself into trouble in the future... what is the story here?

What goes on here, or perhaps more properly fails to go on here when the Jury is out? When does the blackout period begin and end...

Sorry if this is in the TOS, but I don't recall seeing anything on it.

TIA

Hello, CyberPro!

That was me and I was mostly joking. If anyone thinks it has been tense now, just wait until Verdict Watch. Verdict Watch is when the jury has retired to the jury room to reach a verdict. Usually it is a very tense time. I saw it moreso on a couple of other boards as well as here. It get tense and some people get anxious.

MOO

Don't have the stats, but have heard before that most adults who are missing, are missing because they want to be.

So, I would think that among other things, the cops might be looking for things to suggest that the person was planning to run away. Could be obvious stuff like passports, keys, money.... or less obvious stuff like mementos, personal papers.

MOO

Hi CyberPro!

My bold, above from your post.

Exactly, if someone was going to take a hike from bad-spouse-syndrome, they'd take all you've mentioned. In this case, all of NC's personal belongings and accessories were in the house or her car.

NC did not run that morning. BC murdered her on her return from the party over the road, IMO ... and millions of others, b-t-w. Why? Money; didn't want to pay alimony or give her a dime. He'd practised the not giving a dime for months preceding his actions.

His resent grew; his dirty habits merely multiplied and his impatience festered. When I experienced today's testimony and watched how that .... that ...man .... lived, I wanted to be physically sick.

He made up a *advertiser censored* n bull story about her leaving the house for a run @ 7am 12 July. BS ---> everything else that comes out of his mouth is pure and utter cr@pola!

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!

Please don't add this creep to your contacts ;)

And the problem with him not knowing Fielding Drive is that while the new construction of the neighborhood where Nancy was found is on Fielding, the street itself has been there for a very long time. When you turn onto Fielding from Holly springs Rd, it is an older, established neighborhood that has been around 20+ years. You have to go quite a way down Fielding to get to the new construction area where her body was found.

He surely knew of and passed Fielding in the years he lived in that area.

I don't even know the name of the side street in my own neighborhood. I am bad on names, always have been with roads and with people, I give people landmarks when I give directions.

If you are going through a divorce and your estranged wife/husband turns up dead, the first thing your gonna do is consult with a lawyer, since the first person they are going to look at is you.

Don't even have to be going through a divorce.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth....Doyle

SP,JY,RA,MP, BC, could have at least TRIED to pretend to care....attend Memorials, etc.

I have a few comments about this trial. First, he let them in house on numerous occasions and they took pictures. I dont blame him from lawyering up with those Cary housewifes on first name bases with the all detectives. I not sure if he did it or not but I have seen absolutely nothing that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it. I think when this is all and done that CPD will have all new detectives and Judge Gessner well his days as judge will be limited he has very biased and let the prosecution get his way about everything. This is just MHO but these case has been a mess from the start.

I know that the Jason Young case will not be like this they have very seasoned detectives and know how to work a crime scene unlike CPD who has nevered work a murder that I am aware of. I am off my soapbox for now.

Brad Cooper has many supporters and their sympathy on some other forums including news comments sites. So what does that get Brad Cooper? Nothing, absolutely nothing. It won't keep him out of prison for life. It will not keep the jury from convicting him if indeed they do. It will not help him on appeal. I am sure Kurtz tells BC of his many supporters and how they defend him after hearing the testimony so far. And it also 'puffs' Kurtz up.

I hope I am not out of line here when I say this jury worries me. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but I sense there may be at least one hold-out on the jury. Maybe it is all of the niose I hear as they are coming into the courtroom. I have heard one laughing more than once as they were coming into the courtroom. Then someone on the jury complains because someone or maybe more than one person is staring at them. When a piece of crucial testimony is given, it is only natural for people in the gallery to observe the jury to see if there is any reaction. That is what happens in a courtroom and I have observed it many times in Federal Court. Now, people in the gallery are talking and it disturbs them. What is with this jury? I do not think it is against the law for me to speak of the jury, and I do not think it is against TOS here, so I am just going to predict there there are maybe a couple of very immature jurors on that jury panel. And that worries me. There are journalists at every high profile case who does absolutely watch the jury to see if they can 'read' them. It is just my opinion that these jurors need to buck up and concentrate on the witness and the testimony and ignore the gallery. If the baliff and the judge does not see the staring and hear the talking in the gallery, then I am surprised one or more of the jury does. I am indeed worried!

I am still feeling that something is going on here (trial) that is kind of odd. This one just beats all I have ever seen.

Sorry, everyone. I am puzzled as well as worried!

MOO's

I share your concerns.

About him getting a lawyer and not allowing further search of his home I think we need to remember he had been here on w/s and the posts here were already building up the case against him including the crazy 4 am bleach video fiasco.

If you are going through a divorce and your estranged wife/husband turns up dead, the first thing your gonna do is consult with a lawyer, since the first person they are going to look at is you.

Yes, the investigation goes from the inner circle out. LE could never even come close to clearing Brad Cooper. LE follows the evidence wherever it takes them.

MOO

Brad said she wouldn't run over there because they had no sidewalks. Yet he said he'd never heard of Fielding Drive.

The officer was waiting for BC to tell him what NC was wearing, he stopped at the black and red sports bras. ???..............didn't describe any other items of clothing.

When the officer told BC they MAY have found NC, BC didn't ask the officer about her body's condition or anything.( Like, was she hit by a car? or what?)

BC refused to allow officers to search the house the day they id'd NC. Sorry, that's not good.

JMHO
fran

Brad gave those replies, but I would have had to have heard the exact questions that were asked of him. Say the Det. said, she was found on Fielding Dr in an undeveloped portion of the development. I could then understand Brad saying that she never ran without sidewalks.

Or, if he saw her in the morning, which according to him that he did, that is not saying he saw her leave, then he may have saw her red and black sports bra.

About him getting a lawyer and not allowing further search of his home I think we need to remember he had been here on w/s and the posts here were already building up the case against him including the crazy 4 am bleach video fiasco.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the 4 am bleach story was that early in the game. I stand corrected if so, but I don't think that came out that soon.

Brad gave those replies, but I would have had to have heard the exact questions that were asked of him. Say the Det. said, she was found on Fielding Dr in an undeveloped portion of the development. I could then understand Brad saying that she never ran without sidewalks.

Or, if he saw her in the morning, which according to him that he did, that is not saying he saw her leave, then he may have saw her red and black sports bra.

What the Det. actually said was over by Holly Springs Rd. which is when BC made the comment about her not running there because of no sidewalks. It was later in the conversation that the Det. asked him about Fielding Dr. and BC said he was not familiar with it.

It is still a horrible idea if you are interested in helping the investigation. Plus, it 'looks' absolutely rotten... now especially.

I don't agree with that. Someone posted a link last night of a seasoned VA Bch cop giving a lecture telling people to never talk to the police or allow a search because it could down the road be used against you.

I wonder if a well timed tweet trend #coopertrial when the state rests stating either of the following would crash any local media sites...

Have to come up with a cool twitter name that sounds official:

1) Judge in Cooper trial delivers directed verdict of not-guilty #coopertrial

OR

2) Cooper accepts plea as State rests case #coopertrial

what I am curious about when he was talking in the depos at one point he said we and quickly said I ...maybe he took the kids with him??

But they weren't divorcing according to Brad. They were reconciling. That is the information HE gave LE. So if he was going to pretend that things were on the mend, then he should have acted accordingly.

However, if he had been honest with them, and lawyered up right away, I don't think LE would have raised significant red flags by that behavior. JMO. Then it would be common sense. The problem is not that he didn't cooperate fully and easily and retain an attorney, the problem was that this behavior was not consistent with his story.

So these neck "rubs", sounds like they could have been marks left from the younger child holding on around his neck while being carried as they were out searching that day. Her hands were on the left side of his neck in the LTF video weren't they?

Brad Cooper has many supporters and their sympathy on some other forums including news comments sites. So what does that get Brad Cooper? Nothing, absolutely nothing. It won't keep him out of prison for life. It will not keep the jury from convicting him if indeed they do. It will not help him on appeal. I am sure Kurtz tells BC of his many supporters and how they defend him after hearing the testimony so far. And it also 'puffs' Kurtz up.

I hope I am not out of line here when I say this jury worries me. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but I sense there may be at least one hold-out on the jury. Maybe it is all of the niose I hear as they are coming into the courtroom. I have heard one laughing more than once as they were coming into the courtroom. Then someone on the jury complains because someone or maybe more than one person is staring at them. When a piece of crucial testimony is given, it is only natural for people in the gallery to observe the jury to see if there is any reaction. That is what happens in a courtroom and I have observed it many times in Federal Court. Now, people in the gallery are talking and it disturbs them. What is with this jury? I do not think it is against the law for me to speak of the jury, and I do not think it is against TOS here, so I am just going to predict there there are maybe a couple of very immature jurors on that jury panel. And that worries me. There are journalists at every high profile case who does absolutely watch the jury to see if they can 'read' them. It is just my opinion that these jurors need to buck up and concentrate on the witness and the testimony and ignore the gallery. If the baliff and the judge does not see the staring and hear the talking in the gallery, then I am surprised one or more of the jury does. I am indeed worried!

I am still feeling that something is going on here (trial) that is kind of odd. This one just beats all I have ever seen.

Sorry, everyone. I am puzzled as well as worried!

MOO's

I appreciate your comments.
I have heard the jury too....as they leave the jury room and are approaching the courtroom they have been very loud a few times. I have tried to get some sort of background on the jurors as I feel they may be the weakest link in this case. Especially if there are any young ones who are not old enough to appreciate what's going on around them or what they are there to do. I have mentioned several times that I am concerned about a lot of the testimony going over their heads--but perhaps they are a heck of a lot smarter than I am. But I am very concerned about the jurors in this case.
Was anybody on here present during any of the selection process?

Didn't make sense to me that it was normal procedure to take pics when someone was missing.

Believe me this much. If a member of my family was missing - ESPECIALLY - the parent of my small, little children - guarantee you I wouldn't only not object to pictures being taken then and there .... why I'd personally summons Spielberg, Cameron, Scorcese and all of Hollywood to film live! Would I care about a forum, what I looked like, what I wore, said, did, ate or forgot ... NO way in h*ll....

The lame excuses notching up for Inmate Cooper ... dilute as the minutes tick by, IMOO.

There is, in my further opinion, a point to defending the accused-as-charged. And BC passed that point circa eventide, 12 July 2008, in my book. He was nowhere NEAR decent and cooperative. That's all I'll have to say on the matter and all my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro