State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it also be possible that Brad changed out his own sim card, which would explain the low mileage..aka low # of hours on it?? only keeping specific items like short video clip and pics of kids and current correspondences??.. Given Brad's understandings of such things..I wouldnt put it past him one bit!!

BC was a VOIP expert, not a SIM card or cell phone expert, two different technologies.

I am leaning toward BC placing a different SIM card in NC's phone. Det Young would have known no different than that he had deleted the phone and taken responsibility when he did fess up. I think it was already wiped.

The cell phone company hands out the SIM cards, they are programmed, LEOs would know if that happened.

For the record, IIRC, Det Young testified that he was on the phone w/AT&T following THEIR directions.

My recollection is that JY called ATT, followed their directions by MEMORY days later, and when the screen came up saying if you do this one more time the phone will wipe, didn't call ATT to check, he just proceeded to wipe the phone.

For the record, IIRC, Det Young testified that he was on the phone w/AT&T following THEIR directions.

And AT&T told him to enter that puc the 10th time even tho the phone said it was going to permanently erase the data? That doesn't sound logical unless Det Young told AT&T he WANTED to erase the data.

Exactly what he said SS and they were telling him the numbers to put in to unlock it and when he hit the key they told him to after putting in the PUC it started deleting. Doesn't sound to me like anyone at AT&T was telling him to power it off.

ETA: Just read above and understand he wasn't doing this while on the phone.

No, I think he made some notes and then attempted it a week later. I wish he had been on the phone right then and there, but it was not the case.

Witness just now made a highlighter notation on evidence.

looks like bc is about to say, 'oh just let me get up there and show you how to erase the darned thing.'

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that someone from the prosecution is reading here. Unbelievable! I fail to see how anything written here bears any relevance to this trial.

Would it not seem logical to call AT&T back when the code they gave him didn't work... before he entered it 9 more times??

He also testified he didn't know what a SIM card was. I didn't believe him though (he seemed a bit deceitful in his mannerisms and tone). And I was a fan of his, so I'm not bashing him.

Wasnt it AT&T who was the service provider??? Hummmm who put that sim card in there I wonder??? IF it was Singular, why didnt Det. McDreamy contact Cingular for puk code??? Me is suspicious that Brad did swap out that sim card??

Wonder what kind of hypothetics Boz will ask this witness???

AT&T bought out Cingular in August '08

No, he wasn't on the phone with them when doing this. He received instructions a week prior (if I have my timeline correct). They told him to keep entering random passwords until it asks for the PUK code. The defense made a big point of this during cross.

So, according to the expert, twice the device told the detective 'if you do this one more time you'll permanently erase the data' and twice the detective did it anyway yet he didn't intend to erase the data....

Even if this expert is wrong and he only told the device once that it was ok to permanently erase the data.... if not intent, then what do you call it?

Following AT &T's directions - which said the phone would ask for the PUC, which it did not do. Det Young is not an expert, was following directions given to him by the provider.

Having AT & T internet service, I can tell you, if you have a problem - good luck getting it resolved in one or even two hour long phone calls which may involve four or five different people. Phone service is even worse.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that someone from the prosecution is reading here. Unbelievable! I fail to see how anything written here bears any relevance to this trial.

Not unusual for both defense & pros to follow websites. At minimum it gives them an idea of what the jury is thinking. At best they get some valuable information/evidence.

I also remember Det. Young said he was waiting for request of puk code and it never did ask for it??? and just deleted after warning..and no request for puk which lead them to believe it was password locked...so had it sent to forensics??....He also said he went thru this once only, which leads me to believe it had already been wiped, change up of new sim which wouldnt necessarily responded to any known puk code anyway??..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966