State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BZ didn't slip testimony in saying that an FXO supportable router was present, he said a router. Unless I totally misunderstood, but bottomline, that was inappropriate of BZ to say before the jury, he is not an expert witness.

The jury was out at the time.
Defense brought objections to two future witnesses: the bird-man (rebuttal witness) and recall of cisco employee to testify to recently found VPN records.
BZ just argued against the objections.

LOL, you'ze gettin' robbed? :great: just teasin'. IEEE is one of the professional organizations most engineers belong to. Recognized internationally. Perhaps JW could add that to his resume?

The IEEE is for electrical and electronics engineering, a civil engineer, for example would not likely belong to it.

Perhaps Boz will ask on cross about what knowledge this witness can reveal about *who* may have done all this *work* with the phone.

eta: If there is no knowledge of *who* did the work.....does nothing to help the defense IMO

specifically, *who* has the sledgehammer.

Again, it all leaves a trail (searches on ebay, searches on craigslist, etc.) hence the lack of either: 1) follow up by the cops or 2) finding of anything significant.

No search on ebay or craigslist...just google maps

No search on ebay or craigslist...just google maps

Brad could have done this on his Black Jack (work phone)..then changed out his sim card later..much later...maybe he got 2 sim cards for the price of one ..bargain!!:floorlaugh:

witness: NC phone warned twice before erasing data, erasing phone took at least 60 seconds while progress bar moved, erasure could have been interrupted/halted by shutting phone off.

It goes to the credibility of the State's case with regards to how they handled the evidence, not just the phones, but other electronic devices such as the computers.

The defense is making a showing that the CPD might be incompetent. It begs the question with the jury, that if they tampered with the phones, what else did they tamper with?

This whole showing goes towards establishing reasonable doubt. If the defense did not do this, they are not doing their job, IMHO.

I believe this witness would be to show that LE may have done this on purpose?

Perhaps Boz will ask on cross about what knowledge this witness can reveal about *who* may have done all this *work* with the phone.

eta: If there is no knowledge of *who* did the work.....does nothing to help the defense IMO

specifically, *who* has the sledgehammer.

I believe JY's letter, which is in evidence, explains the *who*.

Is there a difference on the Blackberry between "erasing the phone" and "erasing the SIM card"? If so, which one does the 10 incorrect passowords thing do?

So it had to have been done twice, who did it the first time since Detective Young said he entered only 10 incorrect passwords?

I believe this witness would be to show that LE may have done this on purpose?

I don't believe the jury would believe that the CPA erased this phone on purpose. What would they have to gain from that? I believe it may cause reasonable doubt but it also could be backfiring if the jury believes some of the techie things BC is qualified to do and did.

Kurtz: could putting in wrong password 10 times erase both SIM card and native phone memory at the same time?
Levitan: No, 2 different processes. Would have to individually wipe both.
Kurtz: do you think intentionally deleted?
BZ: objection
judge: sustained

-jury out for conference-

I went out to mow the back yard and came back in.......and I'm 4 pages behind! Hope there's some good thoughts on those 4 pages. Just sent the jury out.

Is there a difference on the Blackberry between "erasing the phone" and "erasing the SIM card"? If so, which one does the 10 incorrect passowords thing do?

However..IF the phone or original sim card had already been erased prior to putting in a new sim card..then Det. Young would have only need to have done it once!!

Intentional erasing of Nancy's phone?? Why the he double hocey sticks would they do that????

not an expert on Detective Young's state of mind......regarding Intentional wipe of the phone...being heard on the matter outside ears of the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member