State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This witness is forgetting the first rule of testifying...only answer the question asked. He is coming off as angry and chaotic in his thinking. Yelling, I didn't get this and that......Boz is not bullying him at all. JMO

I agree this expert would be better to only answer the questions asked and stay calm. I do disagree with the Boz bullying opinion. I think Boz's whole point was to pick a fight with this witness, and wait for the guy to take the bait. Now it's like watching two siblings bicker over who Daddy loves most.

The def has been trying to imply it was intentional to delete the info on the phone. In other words, anything that doesn't look right to the def, it's a conspiracy.

Well, this guy already said he teaches LE how to handle the phones after taken into custody. But he also said, ALL LE handles it improperly.

It gives this LE REASON to have improperly handled the phone.

Does that make sense?

JMHO
fran

PS>...hopefully, this will teach other LE agencies, just as the OJ trial did, that forensic's evidence is very fragile and needs to be handled with strict control and procedures! fran

Your post makes perfect sense. I don't know if the jury is making any sense of this witness's testimony though. I do feel so very sorry for them and I bet if any one of them is ever called for jury duty they will find a way out after sitting through this case for so long....with little to no actual testimony at all.

Are you on wral or abc? I'm on abc and have no sound either. It looks pretty theatrical though. The witness is shaking his head, moving a lot, and looking quite annoyed.

ABC, sound came back on just before the break.

I repeat, did you listen to Johnny Cochran cross-examing witnesses at the O.J. trial?

Badgering and vigorous cross are quite often the exact same thing. The only difference is from which side of the fence you're watching.

Originally Posted by LyndyLoo

June 2009 assessment isnt documented...hummmmm Not to good..Wonder why he didnt bring it to court that ??? His report however reflects what Kurtz told him tho.... I think Boz is showing this investigation as not fully documented for his testimony today...Those pictures showing his manipulations of that phone were done Sept. 2010....

It could be suggested by Boz that the sim card got wiped or deleted by his testings//but we have no proof either way?? hummmmm

He documented a detailed test plan and the results then wrote a report based on his that plan/results. The report is what he has with him and what was submitted to the prosecution.

Not unlike DNA testing. DNA analysts keep very detailed testing notes. When they're done they generate a report based on their tests/findings. The detail can be provided if requested. This witness indicated that he has his detail plan/results (all 4 lines of results) at his office.

<snipped>

JMHO
fran

PS>...hopefully, this will teach other LE agencies, just as the OJ trial did, that forensic's evidence is very fragile and needs to be handled with strict control and procedures! fran[/quote]
Unfortunately, for the past few years many LE depts have had severe funding cuts, and with the State/Federal gov't still trimming/cutting budgets I see less training and staff.

MOO and stuff.

Your post makes perfect sense. I don't know if the jury is making any sense of this witness's testimony though. I do feel so very sorry for them and I bet if any one of them is ever called for jury duty they will find a way out after sitting through this case for so long....with little to no actual testimony at all.

Is this trial courtroom actually in Cary or Raleigh?? are the jurors from Cary?..hummmm wonder how they took Mr. L's portrayal of Cary's folk and their dislike for eye sores..decrease property values etc??..In other words, calling Cary population snobs..at least that how I took his tone and comments??... :crazy:

Kurtz has his work cut out for him on this break to get this guy focused.

I picture him like a boxer, sitting in the corner, towel wrapped araound his head, with Kurtz slapping his cheeks, and yelling at him......:floorlaugh:

Originally Posted by LyndyLoo

June 2009 assessment isnt documented...hummmmm Not to good..Wonder why he didnt bring it to court that ??? His report however reflects what Kurtz told him tho.... I think Boz is showing this investigation as not fully documented for his testimony today...Those pictures showing his manipulations of that phone were done Sept. 2010....

It could be suggested by Boz that the sim card got wiped or deleted by his testings//but we have no proof either way?? hummmmm

He documented a detailed test plan and the results then wrote a report based on his that plan/results. The report is what he has with him and what was submitted to the prosecution.

Not unlike DNA testing. DNA analysts keep very detailed testing notes. When they're done they generate a report based on their tests/findings. The detail can be provided if requested. This witness indicated that he has his detail plan/results (all 4 lines of results) at his office.

BBM~~ and this was his test plan from Sept 2010 not the 2009 assessment and admitted he didnt bring his notes with him today for testimony...

Is this trial courtroom actually in Cary or Raleigh?? are the jurors from Cary?..hummmm wonder how they took Mr. L's portrayal of Cary's folk and their dislike for eye sores..decrease property values etc??..In other words, calling Cary population snobs..at least that how I took his tone and comments??... :crazy:

It's in Raleigh. Chances are SOMEONE on the jury is from Cary, but definitely not the majority.

I missed him calling people in Cary snobs, dang it!!!!

I still don't understand why BC gave LE her phone on 7/12/08 and they didn't issue a search warrant on it until 9/22. (Did they delete the info on the phone before they issued the SW?) And they never got one for her phone records at all?
WTF?

The trial is in downtown Raleigh, and I didn't get to hear what he said, lost my audio, but what you described is pretty much what a lot of Raleigh people think about cary. There is a Cary-stereotype. Much like there is a Durham one and a Chapel Hill one too. Although all these cities sit right upon each other, there are enormous differences and stereotypes well believed about each.

It's in Raleigh. Chances are SOMEONE on the jury is from Cary, but definitely not the majority.

I missed him calling people in Cary snobs, dang it!!!!

NOOOO He didnt use the term snobs...its how I took his tone and characterization of those people....Hope I didnt come across as he actually said those words...Sorry 'bout that :blushing:

I picture him like a boxer, sitting in the corner, towel wrapped araound his head, with Kurtz slapping his cheeks, and yelling at him......:floorlaugh:

Good One there. I bet Kurtz is talking to him big time.

Oh so Kurtz witness can have wrok product but he hammered DD for days over his Work Product. GMAB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member