State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BZ now giving witness a platform to characterize Det. Young's lack of expertise, and to educate BZ on subpeona process for phone information.

This whole cross might be more effective for the defense than the pros...

You haven't been mean, nasty, or anything. You have been stating your opinion....and that's ok.

I know, NCEast! I am losing my temper at all of the Boz bashing, tho, so better not post because I may go too far!

Oh, he's showing where one of the officers actually looked at the phone on the 29th.

There goes another def point down the drain.

JMHO
fran

Why didn't defense give him the reports??

I dont know IF anybody else thought this or not..I got the impression that the AT&T rep was on the phone with Det. Young after he received the PUC Code..and walked him thru the procedures???? Yikes..I think LE have been schooled to never try to unlock any cell phone..and send it to forensics immediately!! never mind computers :banghead:

This witness is sooooo defensive and sooooo wrong!! Too, too full of himself and refuses to admit that he's wrong!! Depends on what the meaning of "is" is....LOLOLOL!!!

Are we watching the same testimony?

Uh oh, he's upset because he wasn't given a piece of discovery when he requested it from Kurtz. Now Kurtz said it was provided later.

Well, then, IMHO, Kurtz should have sent it to the expert when they got it.

JMHO
fran

I know, NCEast! I am losing my temper at all of the Boz bashing, tho, so better not post because I may go too far!

I know, I know. Boz is doing a terrific job of getting testimony from his witness.....and also getting info from this witness that the defense probably didn't want aired.

This witness is responding with 'sir' in a condescending manner. He is not liking this cross examination and Boz has stirred up his confusion.

How could he not get confused with the ridiculous questioning and requestioning of the same information, then Boz saying he confused his own questions. I think Boz is making himself look ridiculous in the condescending manner he is talking to the witness. The witness was answering all the questions, but BOZ like to attack Defense witnesses, I don't think it is winning him any points.

It appears selective information provided by defense attorney to the expert witness, and he does not "go out on his own" to verify statements, but reads reports and draws conclusions from defense statements and LE statements

MOO, but Boz is doing just what he's paid for. Without much more to go on, he has to trip up the witness and imagine that, some things are coming out. I applaud him and don't find him being rude at all. We're all entititled to our opinions.

They're arguing whether there was a cell tower in place 2008 ... and the witness is supposed to answer that based on looking at a shadow on a 3D map?

Why didn't defense give him the reports??

It does appear that Kurtz turned over selected reports and with held those that were NOT helpful to his agenda??? Does not look good...I am sure the State can prove exactly when these reports were turned over to defense...

At this point, I am not even listening to what is being said.........I can't believe that the
judge has let it come to this......

JMO La La La

The prosecution is desperate to get rid of this guy's testimony.

The witness is now asking the prosecution questions?

On CourtTV? Yes, many years ago. That trial was theater. In real life you are to be respectful. Since you are so interested in all this you should inquire about sitting in on some trial court classes at a law school. It may be truly revelatory for you.

I have both testified in court, and been involved in observing a couple court cases myself. In one case, when the jury was out, the opposing counsel said to me, 'hey don't look so sad, get mommy & daddy to pay', in a civil case in which I was involved. He was a sarcastic SOB in his court room demeanor.

I've lost my audio, anyone else?

This witness is forgetting the first rule of testifying...only answer the question asked. He is coming off as angry and chaotic in his thinking. Yelling, I didn't get this and that......Boz is not bullying him at all. JMO

Oh, now the rich people of Carey......this guy is coming off as having a chip on his shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant