State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What stood out to me was JP's testimony re: his conversation with NC at the coffee shop and that NC had said something to the effect of 'we should go for a run together'. JP said he didn't consider it a serious invitation and he had no idea where the route was she was talking about (Regency).

I agree. And when Kurtz was wrapping up with him and said something about NC asking him for a run, JP corrected him and said no, she wasn't asking, she was just suggesting. I found that very odd. I mean to the average person, the question's intent was the same. I understand the very minor difference of ask vs suggest, but thought it was odd he would point it out.

Why does it suggest that? It doesn't seem like a lot of calls, was it 7 calls in the two months prior to Nancy's murder? Weren't a number of those for a minute? Like either a non answer or leaving a shor message on a machine?

To me it suggests he is not telling the complete truth. He testified he had minimal contact with her (phone and in person) and gave just a couple of dates. The phone records state otherwise. If he would have said well we played phone tag, or I talked to her for a couple of minutes here and there, but it was nothing, etc. it wouldn't stand out.

Not really.
They were drinking realized they were intoxicated
Two friends who were lonely...and went to far...for all the wrong reasons
All of a sudden...are sober again...and embarssed

A quick cold shower and he's sober enough to leave and go safely home
:crazy:

He took the shower before the encounter on the couch.

And I believe he was still living in the neighborhood at the time. He would only need to walk to his house.

Did NC take a shower before he joined her on the couch? Where was her daughter? Where was HM?

Why does it suggest that? It doesn't seem like a lot of calls, was it 7 calls in the two months prior to Nancy's murder? Weren't a number of those for a minute? Like either a non answer or leaving a shor message on a machine?

Well, he's missing one conversation. He testified he only conversed with her 3 times, but there are at least 4 that exceed a minute.

Also I asked before, but does anyone remember what he said about the nature of their relationship in may of 2007 where they were conversing for up to a half hour?

He had to pick his children up from her house before she went to work. His recollection is that he picked up his children at 6:32 a.m. He wanted to verify that she had to be at work at 7 in order to validate his recollection.

So he was out and about that morning prior to her going running at 7am? He picked up at 6:32am (odd time to remember) and then went where?

If his kids were infants or young toddlers...he could have met up with NC while they were in the car.

How is that an alibi?

Well, he's missing one conversation. He testified he only conversed with her 3 times, but there are at least 4 that exceed a minute.

One of those was from her to him and it could have been a vm. I think it was the last one in June based upon the notes provided for us on here. (I didn't see the length for that call)

wrongful death suit I figured. but the statute on that I think is 2 years.

I haven't looked at the wrongful death statute in a while or the caselaw, but is it possible that the sol is tolled since the children are still minors?

And I believe he was still living in the neighborhood at the time. He would only need to walk to his house.

Did NC take a shower before he joined her on the couch? Where was her daughter? Where was HM?

None of those questions have been addressed. He was living in the neighborhood, the rest I don't know and haven't heard.
I, too, find it strange that he took a shower there. Don't understand that at all unless he had a plan in the back of his mind that he was working on.

The guy lived at Lochmere and didn't know where Regency was? Did he just show up? I don't believe that any more than BC acting like anything on the East side of Holly Springs was on the dark side of the moon.

Regency has greenway connections, is a great, safe place to run, and has concerts and other things going on during the summer. It connects to Lochmere by greenway as well.

Did NC take a shower before he joined her on the couch? Where was her daughter? Where was HM?[/QUOTE]
In the closet?

One of those was from her to him and it could have been a vm. I think it was the last one in June based upon the notes provided for us on here. (I didn't see the length for that call)

There is one that wasn't listed, early in May. He counts that as one of the 3.

I haven't looked at the wrongful death statute in a while or the caselaw, but is it possible that the sol is tolled since the children are still minors?

I wouldn't think so since that could mean so much of the evidence would be stale. I *think* it would have to come from her estate.

So he was out and about that morning prior to her going running at 7am? He picked up at 6:32am (odd time to remember) and then went where?

If his kids were infants or young toddlers...he could have met up with NC while they were in the car.

How is that an alibi?

The way I understood it, JP was out of town and got back on Friday, stayed at HM's Friday night, and left to get his kids in the morning. Ex-wife had to go into work earlier than usual, he thought it was to do inventory.

ETA: Corrected: JP at HM's house Friday night, not ex-wife's

Not sure but I was just googling that. Good thought. I think not though off the top of my head, due to it being a cause of action on her behalf. If I land on the answer for sure I'll post it. Possible other causes of action related to that could be tolled though - those that benefit the children directly. Also, not sure about a statute of repose beyond any of that and if it would be tolled for those. If I see something clear though I'll post it up.

I really would like to know what Mr. & Mrs. R are thinking about now....If I were in their shoes
I would be thinking perhaps BC is innocent and wouldn't it be wonderful if it could be proved
beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone else did this to our daughter. Then the children
would at least have a father........ just thinking out loud...... For the sake of the children, I would love to have others mentioned looked at.......

MOO, I don't think the Rentz' have a shadow of a doubt as to who killed their daughter. And they are privvy to far more inside information than we are IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l