State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think so since that could mean so much of the evidence would be stale. I *think* it would have to come from her estate.

Agree. The WDS action is from the estate.

If the children had independent causes of action, the SoL would be tolled. But, I think AS' attendance must be for some reason other than hovering for a civil suit.

So he was out and about that morning prior to her going running at 7am? He picked up at 6:32am (odd time to remember) and then went where?

If his kids were infants or young toddlers...he could have met up with NC while they were in the car.

How is that an alibi?

Or they could have met up at his house. I don't think they did, but you are right....picking up kids at 6:32 doesn't provide an alibi.

I agree about this judge. Terrible. Can you say: mistrial?????

This judge has stopped testimony quite a few times in what he deems an attempt to help clarify something for the jury. My guess is that he is the only one in the courtroom who needed those clarifications.

His pattern seems to be that he follows-up obviously biaed major rulings for the pros by tossing insignificant bones to the def. Maybe that's his innate sense of jurisprudence from being a police officer and a prosecutor?

This is by far the strangest trial I have ever followed including having the strangest jury. There will be no way to predict a verdict in this case. It's all just crazy!

I'm going ahead and lay out my prediction today. Going out on a limb here, but I predict a hung jury.

Okay, this guy is a complete liar. NOBODY goes to Blue Moon Bakery and *just* has coffee.

<kidding>

Oh, yes, it would be very tough!! Their coffee is good, but their cookies, cake, brownies, and I-don't-know-what-all is so-o-o-o-o good!!
icon12.gif

Not sure but I was just googling that. Good thought. I think not though off the top of my head, due to it being a cause of action on her behalf. If I land on the answer for sure I'll post it. Possible other causes of action related to that could be tolled though - those that benefit the children directly. Also, not sure about a statute of repose beyond any of that and if it would be tolled for those. If I see something clear though I'll post it up.

I think you're right. I also think any survival actions would already be barred as well, since those are brought by the estate as with the wrongful death suit.

None of those questions have been addressed. He was living in the neighborhood, the rest I don't know and haven't heard.
I, too, find it strange that he took a shower there. Don't understand that at all unless he had a plan in the back of his mind that he was working on.

Did he still live in Lochemere at the time? I can't keep straight when these people separate and move.

I'm going ahead and lay out my prediction today. Going out on a limb here, but I predict a hung jury.

That may be the first time I have agreed with you! I wouldn't be surprised if this is a hung jury because this case has been SO polarizing!

Did he still live in Lochemere at the time? I can't keep straight when these people separate and move.

He was at that time, IIRC. There are so many people involved in this trial it's hard to remember all the small details.

Hopefully, the DA's office does a better job on the second go-round and Nancy's family will have justice. Such a shame they would have to go through all of that again, but I feel like the DA would try this again.

What kind of "far more inside information" do you know that they are aware of that has not come out in testimony/evidence. What pros evidence (CE or otherwise) which could not point to anything other than BC guilt has been suppressed?

Did you read what I wrote? I said 'far more information than we are'. How would *I* know what that information is? I already said it would be far more than we know.

Originally Posted by gracielee
MOO, I don't think the Rentz' have a shadow of a doubt as to who killed their daughter. And they are privvy to far more inside information than we are IMO.

Oh, yes, it would be very tough!! Their coffee is good, but their cookies, cake, brownies, and I-don't-know-what-all is so-o-o-o-o good!!
icon12.gif

We always get seveal loaves of their pumpkin bread at Thanksgiving.

It's very clear this witness does not trust Mr. Blum and this line of questioning.

In the event of a hung jury, there may not be a second time in this particular case...

How often does that happen (hung jury and DA doesn't pursue 2nd trial)? I would think they definitely would re-try (if only reason - ego).

Did you read what I wrote? I said 'far more information than we are'. How would *I* know what that information is? I already said it would be far more than we know.

Originally Posted by gracielee
MOO, I don't think the Rentz' have a shadow of a doubt as to who killed their daughter. And they are privvy to far more inside information than we are IMO.

Yes I read what you wrote. If you have no idea what kind of inside information they have about this case how can you argue that they have any at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap