State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How often does that happen (hung jury and DA doesn't pursue 2nd trial)? I would think they definitely would re-try (if only reason - ego).

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell they wouldn't retry.

Did he just say he was at the Halloween party with HM?

Who is the gentleman sitting directly behind the DA's table?

Oh the tangled web one weaves. Telling the whole truth the first time, having integrity is so much simpler....cause there's nothing to remember except the truth. With knowledge comes responsibility.

That's what I wondered. Someone who wasn't supposed to be shown perhaps?

It better not be one of the only 2 super secret FBI guys capable of assisting BOZ. If I recall, one is in another hemisphere and the other is in with a grand jury.

Concern for himself.....and not telling the whole truth the first time....may have given JP some immediate relief from significant discomfort due to his perceived vulnerability, but places JP in the position of not ever being trusted. Honesty is the best policy....no doubt....and this explains why he looked so uncomfortable on the stand this morning.

The guy on the stand had a wife in one place, a girlfriend in another, an apartment to pick up his kids at 6:30, had fooled around with someone else's wife (actually probably more than one wife) and yet didn't tell the police truth so as to protect himself and his children from a public spectacle??

Where's that tiny violin when you need it??

How often does that happen (hung jury and DA doesn't pursue 2nd trial)? I would think they definitely would re-try (if only reason - ego).

All JMO,

Hung juries are caused by jurors forming strong opinions of the case. If the reasons can be identified and mitigated somewhat, then okay. If they cannot be mitigated...why race headlong to the same outcome?

Also depends in part on the jury vote, strength of the case, and (though it will never be admitted) pressures; public and otherwise. If its 11-1 or 10-2 guilty, they'll probably do it - other way around or more evenly split I doubt it, given the fact the the defense will be able to mount a more robust challenge to the evidence in round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech