State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is visibly upset. I have missed his takihng the stand and just tuning in. I guess let's throw him under the bus too, right Kurtz. How sad.

How is this sad? The guy had an interview with police that corroborated the defense assertion that NC planned to jog on the 12th. He later changed it to say he wasn't sure. How is trying to clear that up with this witness throwing him under the bus? He's the one who said it. We've already had accusations about witnesses comparing statements. I'm not sure I understand the objection to questioning this guy. If NC had planned to jog on the 12th, this would be very important information.

There appears to be a 2 year window for a wrongful death suit. That window has passed.

Just a question, could a suit have been filed in private? Can't think of the word I need for that, but paperwork filed.

OMG, this guy is breaking down. :(

Mr. Lopez is taking his place in this trial very, very seriously. I don't think he deliberately changed his first interview--he appears to be very conscientious and I think he wanted to make sure his statements were accurate. His wife left a huge positive impression on me.

If I had met someone and spoken to him/her and the next day he/she was dead, possibly murdered by her husband, I would be shaken as well.

How is this sad? The guy had an interview with police that corroborated the defense assertion that NC planned to jog on the 12th. He later changed it to say he wasn't sure. How is trying to clear that up with this witness throwing him under the bus? He's the one who said it. We've already had accusations about witnesses comparing statements. I'm not sure I understand the objection to questioning this guy. If NC had planned to jog on the 12th, this would be very important information.

I don't disagree but I was more remarking about how he looks so sad. The thought that this guy did it would never cross my mind but Kurtz has the right to convince the jury he could have because he knew she was jogging. JMO.

You don't find it odd that he said it to police...than later said he was 100% sure about everything except that one comment? And he's still not saying she didn't say it....just that he can't say with 100% certainty now.

Look at this guys face. If Kurtz had an ounce of dignity, he'd get him off the stand ASAP. This guy has shown more sadness and grief at the loss of Nancy than Brad ever has.

You don't find it odd that he said it to police...than later said he was 100% sure about everything except that one comment? And he's still not saying she didn't say it....just that he can't say with 100% certainty now.

It may be odd, I don't get a feel that he is adjusting his testimony or interview information. He strikes me as just wanting to make sure he was correct in what he told LE. He looks like he is going to cry. I think he is a very nice and stable man, unlike most of the others we've seen recently.

He just stated that he doesn't listen really well when he's talking to people. He said his wife is much better.

I don't disagree but I was more remarking about how he looks so sad. The thought that this guy did it would never cross my mind but Kurtz has the right to convince the jury he could have because he knew she was jogging. JMO.

The defense isn't offering him as a suspect. They are trying to show she had plans to go jogging, which goes against prosecution witnesses that say she wasn't planning on going jogging.

I suppose many have never had to give a statement to police, recorded, notes being taken and you answer all questions to the best of your recollections...Then after that you sign the statement and leave or they leave...Afterwards, you would be amazed how your mind works, you go over and over the questions asked, and try to remember what you said..and yes indeed, sometimes somethings will occur to you that didnt seem right..then you question did I say that or think that..and so on...

So to answer your question...it is NOT unusual to remember things after the fact..and want to either revisit it or go over it again to be sure....Its all innocent thought, behavior and reactions to such interviews...Also, you do NOT get a copy of that statement so it is all rewind, rethink, recallings .

IMO..This man appears to be visibly upset recalling this whole thing..a sensitive caring man (person) who only wishes to tell the truth...and Here is is being accused by defense as being in collusions with the Cary Cliche...Brad and Co dont give a hang about anybody...only smearings of everybody else!!

:curses::curses:.It is so so sad all the innocents that get hurt by cases like this!!!

Look at this guys face. If Kurtz had an ounce of dignity, he'd get him off the stand ASAP. This guy has shown more sadness and grief at the loss of Nancy than Brad ever has.

I was just about to say this same thing. This witness has shed more tears over Nancy's death than the evil one.

I wonder if he's reacting to any reaction by the Rentz's. They are listening to the tape of one of the last people to speak with Nancy.

Would think Mr. Lopez is sad about NC and wondering how in the heck he got involved in a murder trial.

Oh yeah kurtz, give poor mr lopez the third degree. First you bring up the paternity of the young child, and now you drag poor mr. lopez, who know's absolutely nothing, into this mess.

The defense isn't offering him as a suspect. They are trying to show she had plans to go jogging, which goes against prosecution witnesses that say she wasn't planning on going jogging.

Kurtz can do as he pleases to get his client off but this man is genuine, it's obvious and wants to do the right thing. I agree, he has shown more emotion than the man that was married to her and found out she was dead.

I suppose many have never had to give a statement to police, recorded, notes being taken and you answer all questions to the best of your recollections...Then after that you sign the statement and leave or they leave...Afterwards, you would be amazed how your mind works, you go over and over the questions asked, and try to remember what you said..and yes indeed, sometimes somethings will occur to you that didnt seem right..then you question did I say that or think that..and so on...

So to answer your question...it is NOT unusual to remember things after the fact..and want to either revisit it or go over it again to be sure....Its all innocent thought, behavior and reactions to such interviews...Also, you do NOT get a copy of that statement so it is all rewind, rethink, recallings .

IMO..This man appears to be visibly upset recalling this whole thing..a sensitive caring man (person) who only wishes to tell the truth...and Here is is being accused by defense as being in collusions with the Cary Cliche...Brad and Co dont give a hang about anybody...only smearings of everybody else!!

:curses::curses:.It is so so sad all the innocents that get hurt by cases like this!!!

BBM - which is why officers tend to give their business card and say "if you remember anything else or think of anything, please give me a call."

They are trying to say 'he changed his story', that would put him in 'part of the great cary conspiracy', the 'let's frame brad club'.

See, now this is even stranger. He just said he asked her why she was going jogging since it was so late. That's different from mis-remembering something she said. They actually had a conversation about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734