State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This poor guy being centered out for making a statement regarding nancy going jogging....He questioned his memory on that afterwards..now is going to be accused of colluding with the "Cary Cliche" to change his testimony/statement :maddening:

This guy didnt know nancy prior to that night, had some nice small talk, abouts kids etc..NOW he is going to be attacked by Brad and Co.

<snip>

That is why it is so relevant that he said it, because he did not know her before that night. Why would he have even thought it and with so much certainty about going first thing in the am if she had not have said it. It seems others may have tried to change his memory later.

This guy's first impression was that NC planned to jog Saturday morning. After reflection, he felt that may have been what she intended, or at least was running soon. Point to defense.

This guy's impression is that the marriage was in a very bad state and the spouses were at odds with other and NC was planning to be out soon. Point to the state?

He sounds very confident during this interview that Nancy was going jogging. If he changed that testimony, then it solidifies the point that someone in the neighborhood was manipulating what information police received.

Yes, way too many details for a "she might have said" change.

I want to hear how sincere, or not, he sounds in the second interview tape when he clarifies the jogging info from the first interview. If I need to re-adjust my thinking, I will. However, he gives me the impression that he is overcome by sadness and is still upset that he had just met Nancy the night before she went missing/discovered murdered.

Good move Kurtz, let's break and I'll continue tomorrow when he doesn't have a tissue in his hand.

I don't think the defense has any intention whatsoever of tearing this guy apart on the stand. They just want to show he was specific in his interview with LE that NC did plan to jog in the morning.

Exactly. But he looks sad on the stand so that means he's telling the truth.

No..But it just shows he has feelings and a heart...those that conjure up tears get outed if not genuine...remember Scott Peterson and his tearful interviews....Upset tears does not mean anything but the ability to "FEEL"...remember this witness has absolutely no reason to lie or change anything unless he feels he made an honest error or mis-statement..Liars dont give acare about what they say or how it appears..

How is it reasonable doubt?

Because the entire premise of the state's case is that she never had plans to go running, never did in fact go running. That was just a story that BC concocted as part of his alibi. And here you have this man on the stand, getting emotional no less, who has no reason to lie who says, yes she did discuss running the next morning. It puts everything the state has said into question.

This guy's first impression was that NC planned to jog Saturday morning. After reflection, he felt that may have been what she intended, or at least was running soon. Point to defense.

This guy's impression is that the marriage was in a very bad state and the spouses were at odds with other and NC was planning to be out soon. Point to the state?

Excellent point... His being worried about NC doesn't look good for the defense.

So if he had cried you would think that he was not guilty?

The eyes are our windows to our soul. Mr. Lopez' eyes speak volumes, regardless of tears or lack there of IMO. Come to think of it, so do brad's. Way different souls though. MOO

You have to admit he's a welcome relief from the last guy.

Sure, and he looks and sounds believable. But he sounded very believable during that interview describing his conversation about Nancy's plans to jog on the 12th. I thought we were going to hear that he said he overheard her saying she was going jogging. But instead, he heard him say she told him that and he asked her questions about that, and "that's just what she does".

But it was more than an impression. He goes into great detail, even remembering how what she said made him feel.

I don't disagree but I was more remarking about how he looks so sad. The thought that this guy did it would never cross my mind but Kurtz has the right to convince the jury he could have because he knew she was jogging. JMO.

I don't think that is Kurtz's intention at all, I think he is just showing that NC said she was going jogging on Sat morning which calls the painting with JA into question.

But it wasn't an impressions. It was a conversation specifically about her plans to job on the morning of the 12th. At least that is what he said in his first interview with CPD.

But it was more than an impression. He goes into great detail, even remembering how what she said made him feel.

True, good point - impression was a light word for the first interview. I was hearing some of that then someone rudely came into my office interrupting my attention. :-D

It will be interesting to hear the second interview.

The eyes are our windows to our soul. Mr. Lopez' eyes speak volumes, regardless of tears or lack there of IMO. Come to think of it, so do brad's. Way different souls though. MOO

No offense, but oh pleeeez.

Because the entire premise of the state's case is that she never had plans to go running, never did in fact go running. That was just a story that BC concocted as part of his alibi. And here you have this man on the stand, getting emotional no less, who has no reason to lie who says, yes she did discuss running the next morning. It puts everything the state has said into question.

How does anything said in that interview give any indication that she was alive to go jogging the next day? And I'm still not clear on his memory as to the details. He said that he was struck by it because it was so late and he didn't think a person would want to go jog early after being out so late. Then he said the conversation about jogging came in the middle of the evening so it was not late. I'm not seeing the whole case being in question as a result of one witness relaying a conversation that he had with a person over a month earlier where he remembers her talking about jogging. MOO

I don't think that is Kurtz's intention at all, I think he is just showing that NC said she was going jogging on Sat morning which calls the painting with JA into question.

I completely agree with Kurtz calling to show NC did have plans to jog, but I personally don't think that calls into question her plans to paint with JA. As NCSU95 pointed out, NC would have plenty of time to go for a run prior to going to paint.

No..But it just shows he has feelings and a heart...those that conjure up tears get outed if not genuine...remember Scott Peterson and his tearful interviews....Upset tears does not mean anything but the ability to "FEEL"...remember this witness has absolutely no reason to lie or change anything unless he feels he made an honest error or mis-statement..Liars dont give acare about what they say or how it appears..

I assume you listened to the interview that was just played. If you had not watched his testimony prior to that tape being played, would you have doubted at all that NC had plans to jog on the 12th based on the sincerity in his voice and the details he offered around the statement?

But it wasn't an impressions. It was a conversation specifically about her plans to job on the morning of the 12th. At least that is what he said in his first interview with CPD.

Conceded. The part I heard did seem pretty clear and impression is too light a word for that. The second interview will be interesting.

I thought from his closing remarks to the CPD on the tape that my impression of him as truthful remained confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734